[Music] The Live Music thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Off to watch my brother playing drums for Alabama 3 at the Shepherd's Bush Empire on Saturday. Not really my cup of tea but he is giving me a free ticket

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Buzzing tonight to get a couple of tickets to see Marty Stuart at the De La Warr in Bexhill in August.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Attachments

• hillmans.jpg
    hillmans.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 110

Greetings from a long weekend in Berlin where I'm just drinking my way back to the hotel after seeing Suede at Columbiahalle. The played Coming Up in full and then took a few mins and belted out a load more hits.

Nice Brit pop/90s indie vibe, plus some newer stuff. Top gig. The Germans were lapping it up.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A busy time coming up after the joyous Great Escape that has left me feeling broken this morning.

Black Country New Road on Thursday, Mahalia on Sunday after the West Ham game, Kate Nash next Monday, Porridge Radio instore at Resident the following Thursday and Jungle the Thursday after that.

Then there's Glastonbury and Love Supreme to look forward to.

I love this time of year.

Last edited:

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
BCNR tonight (thanking you kindly jackalbion)
Kiwanuka tomorrow night
Ambrose Akinmisure Saturday night
The Albion on Sunday

Kiwanuka for me tomorrow as well. It’s been a long wait….

Would love to hear what BCNR are like as I believe they are playing all new material? Should be interesting for those going!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Anyone else going to see Thee Oh Sees at Chalk on Sunday?

I’m seeing them in Berlin early June; one of my favorite live bands for the past 8 years or so. 8th time I’ve seen them!

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Slowdive at Komedia, Bath last night. Lovely to see them again after too many years. Excellent they were, too, and what a great venue. Support from Mildred Maude, interesting 'freeform' noise merchants, just the one song in the set!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone else going to see Thee Oh Sees at Chalk on Sunday?

Saw them for only the second time. Better in the smaller venue- it was the dome before. Drummers up close to the crowd and the whole event incredibly loud. Security had a busy night keeping an eye on the mosh pit and had to get in a couple of times. Looking forward to a proper listen of the new album.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever at the Concorde after the game in Sunday. Big day out for me.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
So, Black Country New Road. How do you survive the loss of your front man, and talisman?

Well, extraordinary musicianship, song writing, and sharing the vocals around the rest of the band, with all new material.

That was quite special.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So, Black Country New Road. How do you survive the loss of your front man, and talisman?

Well, extraordinary musicianship, song writing, and sharing the vocals around the rest of the band, with all new material.

That was quite special.

It was. I wasn't persuaded by a couple of the songs but, given they've had little more than three months to start again from scratch, overall it was quite extraordinary. Not entirely convinced by the sax player's singing and second song. Whereas the keyboard player has a stunning, classical voice and, while I wasn't taken by the first song she sang, the second was epic. The bass player was brilliant, and was very much the one that channelled Isaac into the new iteration:

"Look at what we did together,
BCNR friends forever."

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Greetings from a long weekend in Berlin where I'm just drinking my way back to the hotel after seeing Suede at Columbiahalle. The played Coming Up in full and then took a few mins and belted out a load more hits.

Nice Brit pop/90s indie vibe, plus some newer stuff. Top gig. The Germans were lapping it up.

Saw them in Utrecht on the Monday night. Impressed how Brett Anderson still has the energy to keep doing that night after night. And they played The 2 of Us for - I think (because Brett said it was) - the first time in a few years. Which nice, as it's my favourite Suede song.

Mogwai next up next Wednesday, also in Utrecht.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
BCNR tonight (thanking you kindly jackalbion)
Kiwanuka tomorrow night
Ambrose Akinmisure Saturday night
The Albion on Sunday

Kiwunika was excellent tonight. Probably the best actual singer I've seen, though possibly beaten by one of the backing singers

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really wanted to see The Oh Sees this Sunday at Chalk but I have to work. Heard them on KEXP and think they are great.

I've got Modest Mouse at De La Warr in July though. Looking forward to that a lot. And trying to get Flaming Lips tickets. Seen them live a few times. Their Brighton Centre gig in maybe, 2004/5? was the best live show I have ever seen. Just tremendous.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports