Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Jul 7, 2003

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Another Resident one: Working Men's Club are playing Komedia on July 20, tickets on sale tomorrow at 11. They were powerful like a Richard Carpenter tackle on a rock-hard pitch when they played Mutations.

Managed to get an e ticket for this earlier. Off to Seapower at Roundhouse tonight.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Great set by The Psychedelic Furs in Bristol last night (final date of their twice-postponed UK tour).+ support by recently reformed Wasted Youth

Next gig - Asian Dub Foundation at The Chalk next Friday.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Thoroughly enjoyed the much delayed Teenage Fanclub show at Chalk last night.

Gerry Love's departure has deprived the set list of some of my favourites but still plenty of cracking songs. Alcoholiday, The Concept, I Don't Want Control Of You, Everything Flows ... Marvellous sounds.

I'd been a bit anxious about going to venues and bottled a few shows that I had tickets to at the last moment but now to have finally got some of my live music mojo back.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Thoroughly enjoyed the much delayed Teenage Fanclub show at Chalk last night.

Gerry Love's departure has deprived the set list of some of my favourites but still plenty of cracking songs. Alcoholiday, The Concept, I Don't Want Control Of You, Everything Flows ... Marvellous sounds.

I'd been a bit anxious about going to venues and bottled a few shows that I had tickets to at the last moment but now to have finally got some of my live music mojo back.

I would have loved to have gone to this. Bandwagonesque is great and The Concept one of the best ‘album first tracks’ ever. Good to know you are back to live music once more.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I would have loved to have gone to this. Bandwagonesque is great and The Concept one of the best ‘album first tracks’ ever. Good to know you are back to live music once more.

Plenty lined up. Tindersticks at The Royal Festival Hall next month. Followed by Kristin Hersh, Bob Mould, Wedding Present, Dean Wareham and Drive By Truckers. Deliberating over the EXTC thing at the concorde.

Might even go and see someone who hasn't been going for 30 years at some point.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Plenty lined up. Tindersticks at The Royal Festival Hall next month. Followed by Kristin Hersh, Bob Mould, Wedding Present, Dean Wareham and Drive By Truckers. Deliberating over the EXTC thing at the concorde.

Might even go and see someone who hasn't been going for 30 years at some point.

You could add House Of Love at C2 to your list- keeping in with the 30 theme.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Sparks were amazing at the De La War last night, the crowd just gave long standing applause after every song. A two hour set that was superb.

They said they have recorded another album and written a musical, Ron and Russell were just on it.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Johnny Marr at Pryzm, Kingston last night. Bloody marvelous seeing him in such a small venue. He was superb, as usual! 5 Smiths songs, 2 Electronic songs and a good selection of his own excellent stuff.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw Dry Cleaning last night in an old school punk club called SO36. Have to say they’re a lot heavier live than on record. I do love the guitarist as well. Sadly, as I wanted to get my mits on some of their EPs, all their merch has been held up in customs; currently stuck in Leipzig. Brexit just keeps on giving doesn’t it.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely amazing black metal night at The Green Door Store, Godking providing the textbook corpsepaint and harsh stares along with a slightly punky take on the genre. Next up, current UK underground darlings, Wode with a very lively black and roll groove to their sound. Topping the bill however were Gaerea from Portugal who were utterly blistering, on record I'd say they are more expansive and atmospheric but live it was almost approaching white noise at peak points, unbelievable. After all the mayhem they proved to be really delightful chaps post-gig.

Next up The Great Escape for a less intensive gaggle of indie-landfill and pensive singer songwriters.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Although we've had tickets for ages, just twigged that we're seeing Spiritualized at The Dome on Saturday. When they're good, they're sublime: one of the best gigs I've seen in Brighton was them at Komedia, which was more acoustic with a string four-piece and three soul singers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here