Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That’s a pretty extensive and varied list- good to be gigging properly once more.
Ive seen Dry Cleaning a couple of times recently. Once supporting Sleaford Mods and then as headliners at C2. They played a fair bit from their two e.p s as well as album tracks. Im sure you’ll enjoy it.

Thanks. Yes, my interests are very broad these days….all good.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thanks for the comments. I’m really really looking forward to getting back into all of this. Whilst I know who Shellac are I have never listened to them until recently. I went backwards from BCNR to Slint and then onto Shellac…and wow.

As for The Smile….I think you might know them…..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Smile_(band)

Yes, I do know them, and have seen Tom Skinner a few times.
Glad you're into BCNR. It's too early but, at present, I think they're new album is up there in my top ten of all time. It's a masterpiece, and I'm a little smug because I saw them play about half of those songs at EotR last year (their line-up is normally as good as or better than Green Man -- not this year by a long shot).
Shellac are an utter joy. Enjoy the Q&A session. And, if you're that way inclined, take some ear plugs.

tonyt

Feb 23, 2009
My two sons band “Barbara” have managed to get the support slot on 6 dates of The Divine Comedy’s UK tour including the dome April 29th. So look out for them if you’re there!

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
After a spate of tour cancellations my gigging resumes on Monday with front row seats for Rufus Wainwright. Here's the rest

Dry Cleaning

Floating Points

The Smile

Shellac

Yves Tumor

Oh Sees

Fatboy Slim

Jon Hopkins

Probably go and see Jenny Hval as well.

Still haven't managed to catch Dry Cleaning, except at Wide Awake festival where the sound was so poor me and my brother left. Oh Sees are superb,brilliant live.

I've got Enola Gay, Wet Leg, Metz and Protomartyr coming up in the next few weeks, Metz and Protomartyr are very high on my want to see lists and I've had the tickets for about 2 years for both :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, I do know them, and have seen Tom Skinner a few times.
Glad you're into BCNR. It's too early but, at present, I think they're new album is up there in my top ten of all time. It's a masterpiece, and I'm a little smug because I saw them play about half of those songs at EotR last year (their line-up is normally as good as or better than Green Man -- not this year by a long shot).
Shellac are an utter joy. Enjoy the Q&A session. And, if you're that way inclined, take some ear plugs.

I loved the first BCNR album but this new one really is quite special, on many levels. The producer needs kudos as well.

I have the first one on white vinyl, this one on blue. It was meant to be.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
On impulse, I'm going to see Saving Grace with Robert Plant and Suzi Dian at the De La Warr in Bexhill next Friday. Looks like it could be right up my musical street. Anyone else seen them live? I've heard of the lead singer, but I don't know the rest of the band???

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Grabbed myself a ticket to see Black Country New Road down at Patterns in may to play their new material without lead singer Isaac, I bought two and my friend realised he double booked so if anyone wants it they are more than welcome to it at face value.

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
Went to see Peter Hook and the Light at the Concorde last night - fantastic! Played 2 whole Joy Division albums and a New Order set

Next up Bears Den

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I’ve got a spare ticket for Teenage Fanclub at Chalk next Saturday 16th. £24 face value but I’ll be happy to accept £20. Please PM and if interested. Thanks

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Off to Warmduscher on Saturday. Got to get back from Arsenal first then leg it down to The Concorde as it’s an early show. After that it’s Seapower on Thursday. Gary Numan, Oh Sees and Great Escape in May.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Saving Grace at Bexhill last night were superb. Robert Plant and Suzie Dian led a cracking band of English players of music that drifted around a sort of English/American roots/Americana based style with shades of the Plant/Krauss stylings and Buddie Miller/T-Bone Burnett influences. Plant has really honed his vocal chops with Krauss and is arguably singing better than ever. Dian has a lovely voice and they combine well. As Robert mentioned, they are essentially a covers band with songs by Low, Donovan, Los Lobos, Moby Grape and others. I struck lucky, swapping my late purchase back of the balcony seat for a Covid sufferer's return ticket in the front stalls. What a treat. Sadly no recorded music from them yet, but I strongly recommend catching them if you can.
I've posted Season of the Witch that I particularly enjoyed, although not the version from Bexhill. The gig was fun, terrific music and several Planty one liners from a guy comfortable in his skin and loving his music.

morematey

Jun 28, 2017
Fontaines DC playing Chalk on 29th May via Resident Records. Handful of tickets left apparently. Could easily sell out the Centre and so this is tiny for them.

Jul 7, 2003
Went to see Ghost at the O2 last night. Tobias Forge puts on a real show - so much more than just a concert - highly recommended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here