Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I went to a place called Tapping the Admiral in Castle Road near Kentish Town West before The Replacements about 10 minutes from the Roundhouse a former CAMRA pub of the year and they had Dark Star and Hastings on tap. Am considering that for tomorrow.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I went to a place called Tapping the Admiral in Castle Road near Kentish Town West before The Replacements about 10 minutes from the Roundhouse a former CAMRA pub of the year and they had Dark Star and Hastings on tap. Am considering that for tomorrow.

Sounds like an excellent tip. If they have the Hastings Porter, I will be a happy man.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Off to see Leftfield at Kentish Town forum tonight..
He was awesome at Brixton academy couple years ago, not loving new album just yet but only heard it the once..
Should be full of misty eyed 40 year olds..

Jul 7, 2003
Motley Crue have added four UK dates to their Final Tour in November with Alice Cooper in support. Tickets on sale next Friday.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I doubt anyone from The Argus was even there and they made it up or got the set list from a friend of a friend. Will have to read it and see what they say. My feeling was that t was a thoroughly enjoyable evening and can't wait for a repeat Saturday . Bo Ningen were a great opening act, lots of M E Smith style guerning and loud guitars. Half an hour of them was perfect. Plenty of foliage on stage and a prompt 9.00 start for the main act. Played the decline in order minus final track Wooden Horse then a mixture of songs from all albums. Decline was certainly the highlight- To be honest the order of songs in the second half was a little odd and maybe they should have finished with Decline. Yan seemed well up for it and pretty sure he would have continued after the curfew. Crowd ok for a Wednesday- sure it will be more lively at the weekend. No phones or chatting during songs so that was refreshing to see.

They were there. I think it was a tough one to write about briefly. The gig did drag a bit in places, and I think if you didn't know the backstory or hadn't been to BSP gigs before the indulgence could have been difficult to overlook. I wrote a long (not yet published) review of the gig, partly trying to explain why the gig was how it was and why they deserve to play that album in full for the fans to enjoy in the way they do. Bless BSP.

Young Fathers, also, one of the finest gigs this year so far. Much preferred them live to recorded.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Went to see Pile the night before last and they were excellent. I'd gotten into one song or three of theirs, but live they were just brilliant. Rocked that sweaty dive. Anyone see them in Brighton t'other night?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
God I love them. Roundhouse set list:
image.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Young Fathers, also, one of the finest gigs this year so far. Much preferred them live to recorded.

Seeing them tonight. I've heard nothing but positive comments about them live.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wow. Just seen Young Fathers. They are one of best live bands I've seen in ages, great performers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Did anyone catch the Jenny Hval show on Friday night? It was very interesting/ bizarre/ progressive/ conceptual (delete as appropriate.) It included a karaoke Celine Dion cover.

Girl can sing as well.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
No mention of Dan Deadon tonight? Were just heading off - wasn't that bothered but saw him at Primavera and he was as fun as ever and I thought what the heck!

It's a 10pm curfew if anyone is going!

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
No mention of Dan Deadon tonight? Were just heading off - wasn't that bothered but saw him at Primavera and he was as fun as ever and I thought what the heck!

It's a 10pm curfew if anyone is going!

Can I officially request a review of this one, please? True Thrush is one of my favourite singles ever. I just wish it wasn't called that, in the same way I wish Crystal Castles hadn't decided on the title Pap Smear.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here