Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I notice a live music 2015 thread has been started. Any kind administrator/mod able to link the two threads together and change this date. Would be a shame to loose all these posts.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I missed this, amazing stuff -that must have been some gig. How much was it?

It was a fantastic night and only $40 so excellent value considering they must have used c.25 musicians including 3 of George's grand children who were all excellent. The venue must have held around 2,000 and it was well set out, with good sound and vantage points.

A pint of Goose Island was $9 a pop but nice to get a decent beer at a US gig.

Jul 7, 2003
Working in Sheffield tomorrow and seen that Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbot are playing at the City Hall which is about 50 yards from the hotel. Might try and pick up a ticket as something to do for an evening.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Jon Hopkins tomorrow- so no Drill till Friday. Support looks interesting- guy from Fxxx buttons.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Big Business were brilliant last night, an amazing start to Drill.

I also have a bit of information that may inform your Drill choices. Esben and The Witch are leaving the country to move to Berlin early next year (alright Herr T, don't rub it in) so Saturday may be their last gig in Brighton for some time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I also have a bit of information that may inform your Drill choices. Esben and The Witch are leaving the country to move to Berlin early next year (alright Herr T, don't rub it in) so Saturday may be their last gig in Brighton for some time.

I'll have to ask the drummer to pop some Burning Sky in his luggage :wink:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Good choice. But what's their reason for moving?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The same reason any band moves to Berlin, they want to develop heroin habits.

I'll look out for them at Kottbusser Tor then :smile: Although I'll probably see Daniel in Hopfenreich as well.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
You mean Blank Mass (Ben)? He did a free show for Vice Magazine at The Green Door Store a couple of years ago. I'm still recovering from it now, one of the best nights of my life.

That's it. Certainly going to make it after that recommendation.

burrish-gull

Mar 24, 2009
Following on from last years highly successful Bur-Fest two massive Albion fans are putting on a larger festival called Sussex Solstice next year near Burwash, www.sussexsolstice.co.uk , pre-registrations now being taken. We've got a great mix of original, tribute and local covers bands lined up and are actively encouraging families to come along and camp, we hope to have free creche facilities on site. More acts TBA

Poster 11.jpg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here