Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Sharon Van Etten certainly had her moments tonight (St George's Church) but didn't quite pull it off for me. Anyone else go?

Funny you should say that, she was disappointing at Primavera.

Amazing at Komedia on Tramp though. I think she suits an initimate quiet venue, I'm really not a big fan of the Corn Exchange, though Spiritualized were brilliant there last year or the year before.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Funny you should say that, she was disappointing at Primavera.

Amazing at Komedia on Tramp though. I think she suits an initimate quiet venue, I'm really not a big fan of the Corn Exchange, though Spiritualized were brilliant there last year or the year before.

I thought she'd suit St George's more but the seated audience seemed to throw her and the band a bit. Would have preferred a solo set.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Morrissey tonight. Still thinking he won't bother to turn up. Then Jon Hopkins Thursday, British Sea Power Friday and Wedding Present Sunday. Not a bad week.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Went to see George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic at the BB King bar and grill in New York last night. 3 hours of quality music, great night and venue.

Tonight could see either Sleaford Mods their first ever North American gig or Patti Le Belle.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Went to see George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic at the BB King bar and grill in New York last night. 3 hours of quality music, great night and venue.

Tonight could see either Sleaford Mods their first ever North American gig or Patti Le Belle.

Sleaford Mods in North America! Hope you went for that.

Had my first ever O2 experience last night and saw Morrisey. Forgetting the performance which was ok, and set list also ok it's people's behaviour that staggers me. People on phones during songs, talking, wandering round. So many totally disengaged with the music. Maybe that says more about the venue than anything- which incidentally was meat free for the evening. Only three Smiths songs- Meat is Murder, Queen is Dead and Asleep. Morrisey was pretty much his usual self- think he prefers playing abroad these days.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
With the correct medication and diet, I am now able to vividly dream any gig and set the checklist. Last night was The Inspiral Carpets supporting Mercury Rev (they were both on top form). Tonight I'm going to dream The Gobetweenas and The Triffids. If The Triffds don't play 'save what you can' I'm asking for money back

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone know what the arrangements are for exchanging Drill tickets for wristbands?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Anyone know what the arrangements are for exchanging Drill tickets for wristbands?

Go to Sticky Mike's

We're really pleased that Sticky Mikes Frog Bar have agreed to let us use their bar as the Hub & Wristband Exchange point for DRILL:BRIGHTON. Sticky's is without a doubt one of the best bars this city has and a very regular hangout for everyone at DRILL / One Inch Badge.

When you receive your wristband you will also be getting the full programme with times and further info.

Wristband exchange is for both Weekend and Day passes.
Any Suspiria or British Sea Power individual show ticket holders should take their ticket straight to the venue.

Wristband Exchange times:

Wednesday 3rd Dec - 6pm to 10pm
Thursday 4th Dec - 3pm to 10pm
Friday 5th Dec - 4pm to 10pm
Saturday 6th Dec - 10am to 10pm
Sunday 7th Dec - 10am to 10pm

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Go to Sticky Mike's

We're really pleased that Sticky Mikes Frog Bar have agreed to let us use their bar as the Hub & Wristband Exchange point for DRILL:BRIGHTON. Sticky's is without a doubt one of the best bars this city has and a very regular hangout for everyone at DRILL / One Inch Badge.

When you receive your wristband you will also be getting the full programme with times and further info.

Wristband exchange is for both Weekend and Day passes.
Any Suspiria or British Sea Power individual show ticket holders should take their ticket straight to the venue.

Wristband Exchange times:

Wednesday 3rd Dec - 6pm to 10pm
Thursday 4th Dec - 3pm to 10pm
Friday 5th Dec - 4pm to 10pm
Saturday 6th Dec - 10am to 10pm
Sunday 7th Dec - 10am to 10pm

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here