Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
The Damned will be playing a 40th Anniversary gig at the Dome on the 24th November.
The UK punk legends will be celebrating their 40th anniversary with a special performance at the Brighton Dome.
Supported by two great local bands Peter & The Test Tube Babies and the Piranhas.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm presuming it's you that wrote that. Imarhan is my favourite album of the year so far too, and my nine-year-old is really liking it too. We were away when they played: anyone see them?

On a different note, we have tickets to see Sweet William, and can't wait. Saw Charlottefield on multiple occasions, and still listen to their albums.

I do it half and half with a friend but the Imarhan part was me. I did go and bloody good it was too.

At the Quadrant? I've got really high hopes for that one.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Think it is that one. I'll be able to find out what The Quadrant is like too.

Very small! I've been to things there before but never put anything on but am sure it will be grand.

They're also supporting Kiran Leonard at Patterns next week. Kiran is a big Charlottefield/ Tom House/ Sweet Williams fan. That boy's got cracking taste.

https://www.facebook.com/events/229707034043923/

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Super Furry Animals are touring 'Fuzzy Logic' and 'Radiator' in full in December. Needless to say I'm more excited than a canine with several appendages.

Yes yes yes. Can't wait. Although I hope they are going to do an encore of Zoom!, Phantom Power and The Man Don't Give a **** though.

Believe I'm right in saying that the last time SFA played a Brighton gig that wasn't Together the People was about 13 years ago for the Phantom Power tour, also at the Dome. One of my first gigs.

Only slight niggle is that Dome are now well and truly taking the piss with their pricing. Always enjoyed lack of London mark up since moving back to Brighton but tickets at the Roundhouse are £2 cheaper than the Dome so now in fact it appears we have a Brighton Mark up!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes yes yes. Can't wait. Although I hope they are going to do an encore of Zoom!, Phantom Power and The Man Don't Give a **** though.

Believe I'm right in saying that the last time SFA played a Brighton gig that wasn't Together the People was about 13 years ago for the Phantom Power tour, also at the Dome. One of my first gigs.

Only slight niggle is that Dome are now well and truly taking the piss with their pricing. Always enjoyed lack of London mark up since moving back to Brighton but tickets at the Roundhouse are £2 cheaper than the Dome so now in fact it appears we have a Brighton Mark up!

One thing I would say in favour of the dome is that if you go in person to the box office and pay in cash there is no booking fee involved. One of the few places where you will pay the actual face value of the ticket. A rare thing these days.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
A great day as always at Edge Of The Sea. A mix of bands old and new. Enjoyed the last minute inclusion of Yan and Noble from British Sea Power and Melys performing for the first time in six years. Hoping this will return to the two day bank holiday event it evolved into. Anyone else make it along?

boik

A great day as always at Edge Of The Sea. A mix of bands old and new. Enjoyed the last minute inclusion of Yan and Noble from British Sea Power and Melys performing for the first time in six years. Hoping this will return to the two day bank holiday event it evolved into. Anyone else make it along?

Yep, we have haven't missed one yet, although I thought this was one of the poorest. Saying that, I though the TWP and Cinerama sets were as good as I've seen. I was looking forward to Melys but found them a bit bland - I think their dependency on backing tracks limits them greatly, and that Aussie band just annoyed the hell out of me. Yes, we've all heard the Strokes!!

Distinct lack of eccentricity I thought this year.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yep, we have haven't missed one yet, although I thought this was one of the poorest. Saying that, I though the TWP and Cinerama sets were as good as I've seen. I was looking forward to Melys but found them a bit bland - I think their dependency on backing tracks limits them greatly, and that Aussie band just annoyed the hell out of me. Yes, we've all heard the Strokes!!

Distinct lack of eccentricity I thought this year.

I think we were outside when they played. I know what you mean by lack of variety and many supports seemed to consist of friends of Mr Gedges. We watched a very nervous Such Small Hands who when she got it right was pretty good. She is support for the official TWP tour later in the year so wish her all the best with that. I really do hope the festival takes place next year, I believe there was a problem with the venue and the income being insufficient for a bank holiday weekend which is why they lost the slot.

boik

I think we were outside when they played. I know what you mean by lack of variety and many supports seemed to consist of friends of Mr Gedges. We watched a very nervous Such Small Hands who when she got it right was pretty good. She is support for the official TWP tour later in the year so wish her all the best with that. I really do hope the festival takes place next year, I believe there was a problem with the venue and the income being insufficient for a bank holiday weekend which is why they lost the slot.

Such Small Hands showed great promise. Her vocals reminded me of Harriet Wheeler. Hope its back to 2 days next year.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Her debut 7" is out next month.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Some sad news that Tom Searle, guitarist from Brighton band Architects, passed away yesterday after a fight with cancer.

Only 28 years old and such a talented lad. Did wonders for the metal scene not only locally but also internationally and a great ambassador and inspiration for young people in the city.

He was cared for at Martlets Hospice in Hove. If anyone would like to make a donation to their cause they can do so with this link provided.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thomassearle .

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Some sad news that Tom Searle, guitarist from Brighton band Architects, passed away yesterday after a fight with cancer.

Only 28 years old and such a talented lad. Did wonders for the metal scene not only locally but also internationally and a great ambassador and inspiration for young people in the city.

He was cared for at Martlets Hospice in Hove. If anyone would like to make a donation to their cause they can do so with this link provided.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/thomassearle .

Shocking news. Feel absolutely awful for them. The album launch at the Concorde was an absolute stormer. To think those shows was played with Tom's illness in the background was staggering. Reading about Tom striving to play for as along as he could despite the seriousness of the cancer was truly inspiring. RIP.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Shocking news. Feel absolutely awful for them. The album launch at the Concorde was an absolute stormer. To think those shows was played with Tom's illness in the background was staggering. Reading about Tom striving to play for as along as he could despite the seriousness of the cancer was truly inspiring. RIP.

There's going to be a fundraiser for Martlets at Brighton Electric in October in his honour by the looks of it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A real good 'un at Patterns tonight in Kiran Leonard/ Secret Admirer/ Sweet Williams. Get there early, if you like the headliner, both supports are perfectly pitched.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Great news....fabulous singer

Lou.JPG

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Fans of gigs in churches in Brighton should be made aware that RY X is playing St Bartholomews in November. I was put on to him by a pal and now can't wait, should be cracking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here