Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I got in to see Klaxons that time. Metronomy also played as did two other bands I can't remember who- something to do with physics maybe? . That was a great venue. Saw Iliketrains their for the first time at the same festival. Thinking about it- TGE was so much better for bands in the early years.

Just checked. It was headlined by The Longcut who were my favourite band for a while. The two openers were Shitdisco (who I really like at the time, doubt they've aged well) and Metronomy.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Just checked. It was headlined by The Longcut who were my favourite band for a while. The two openers were Shitdisco (who I really like at the time, doubt they've aged well) and Metronomy.

Shitdisco! That's right! What a line up. It was XFM sponsored I believe.

Not sure what I was thinking re physics though...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Enjoyed Wild Beasts last night. Lots of new songs and reworkings of old. Celestial Creatures really sounded great live and despite a small stage the whole performance was pretty commanding. Did not look sold out and plenty of room at the front. f you have a ticket for tonight then enjoy.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Enjoyed Wild Beasts last night. Lots of new songs and reworkings of old. Celestial Creatures really sounded great live and despite a small stage the whole performance was pretty commanding. Did not look sold out and plenty of room at the front. f you have a ticket for tonight then enjoy.

Were the support as non-descript as they sound on record?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Wild Beasts on Friday for me. Really enjoyed it and the new material sounds a lot heavier then previously. Also good to see a front man drinking red wine on stage.

As mentioned for the Thursday probably only 80% to capacity so got a nice spot centrally and fairly near the front. Seeing Parquet Courts there in October.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Off to Rebellion in Blackpool on Thursday for the 4 day festival.
Great line up this year for the 40th Anniversary.
Anyone else going ?

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Not sure if it is mentioned on here but MØ is playing Concorde 2 in October. One of the best shows we caught in the John peel tent at Glastonbury this year. Absolute bargain at £12.50.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Am off to Bloodstock next week. Are any Albion metalheads also going? May get a cheeky stream of the Forest game on my phone friday night before Behemoth hit the stage.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Super Furry Animals are touring 'Fuzzy Logic' and 'Radiator' in full in December. Needless to say I'm more excited than a canine with several appendages.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Edge Of The Sea Saturday. Not the normal two day event this year but still looking forward to it.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

I'm presuming it's you that wrote that. Imarhan is my favourite album of the year so far too, and my nine-year-old is really liking it too. We were away when they played: anyone see them?

On a different note, we have tickets to see Sweet William, and can't wait. Saw Charlottefield on multiple occasions, and still listen to their albums.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here