Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Saw PJ Harvey last night and she was wonderful. Nice setting, a warm summer evening in the courtyard of a small fortress in Spandau complete with a moat and drawbridge. She was backed by a 9 piece band who were deft and subtle but powerful when needed; their sound was excellent. The percussion and harmonies on the new album really came to the fore. Set was mainly culled from the last two albums with a handful of old classics as well. I have to say she looked bloody good as well.

If you get a chance to see her please don't miss it.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Off to Vintage Trouble in Leamington next week. Have seen them once before and was blown away. Nothing groundbreaking, just extremely tight blues/rock n' roll. Anyone else a fan?

Have seen them a three times now and always impressed of he energy of them, always entertaining.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I just think they could do so much better with the undercard.

I'm being a bad England fan tonight and going to the Hope to see Car Seat Headrest, Teens of Denial has been a very regular listen in the last few months so looking forward to this. Anyone else skipping the Slovakia game?

That is exactly my beef. The local outfits are mainly just shipped in from BIMM (obvs some will be decent.) You could do so much better for a really small outlay.

You didn't miss too much on the football btw.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Off to Vintage Trouble in Leamington next week. Have seen them once before and was blown away. Nothing groundbreaking, just extremely tight blues/rock n' roll. Anyone else a fan?

Had a look after you mentioned they are playing at Leamington and thought about going as not too far away, but they're playing on Monday when England are laying.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Got back yesterday from Secret Solistice Festival in Iceland.

Had a good fun few day there. Went there for Radiohead, and they didn't disappoint, actually one of the best gigs from them for a while. Loved the new album, and we got Creep right at the end.

Other highlights were Roisin Murphy and Of Monsters and Men.

Enjoyed the local bands and DJ's.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The Brian Jonestown Massacre were ace at The Concorde last night. Really, really, really strong setlist. We even got a showing of the Anton Newcombe manufactured rage pantomine.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Off to the The Rich Kids and The Professionals at the O2 Islington, hope the trains don't **** me about too much.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Had a look after you mentioned they are playing at Leamington and thought about going as not too far away, but they're playing on Monday when England are laying.

If you're still interested in going, the venue are showing the England game between the support act and Vintage Trouble. Nice touch.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If you're still interested in going, the venue are showing the England game between the support act and Vintage Trouble. Nice touch.

Oh could be a game changer , cheers ��

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Oooh I'm quite excited about this...

image.jpg

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Was it any good? I went and had a pint with them at The Earth and Stars in the afternoon and it was all pretty civilized to be fair. Pleased to report that Anton Newcombe is as much, if not more of a character in real life.

Unfortunately, last minute 'complications' meant I couldn't go.

I saw BJM at Field Day, though. They were excellent.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Angel Olsen playing the C2 in October. I will almost certainly be in the mood for that one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here