Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Missing Albion tonight for Richmond Fontaine at Bleach.
I can't think of a better accolade for them.

image.jpeg

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Would have gone to see Wolfgang Flur had it not been for the Fulham match.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
levellers at leadmill Sheffield
placebo at motorpoint leeds
stone roses at Etihad Manchester
all I have booked at present

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Despite the cancellations and a chalet of my mates being kicked out on the Sunday, I had a whale of a time at ATP and seeing The Ex the night before in Bristol was an awesome way to start it. The review below almost precisely sums up my feelings

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4149976-atp-stewart-lee--the-dis-review

If it isn't the last UK holiday camp festival they do, I'd be very surprised. It was fun while it lasted though.

PS. Charlotte Church's set really was incredible, it's not some ATP in-joke.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Despite the cancellations and a chalet of my mates being kicked out on the Sunday, I had a whale of a time at ATP and seeing The Ex the night before in Bristol was an awesome way to start it. The review below almost precisely sums up my feelings

http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4149976-atp-stewart-lee--the-dis-review

If it isn't the last UK holiday camp festival they do, I'd be very surprised. It was fun while it lasted though.

PS. Charlotte Church's set really was incredible, it's not some ATP in-joke.

Excellent. What did the mates do?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It made Stew's column in The Observer yesterday!

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/apr/24/john-whittingdale-dominatrix-leveson

However, the £24k claim is a bit of spurious Barry Hogan spinning. The individual concerned accepted full liability and the machine in question was in full working order the next morning.

EDIT: I note the wording of that part has changed since I read it yesterday. The bit about it being a Pontins estimate wasn't in the article.

Last edited:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Not long until the Great Escape, really looking forward to it.

Got OMD at the Albert Hall on 9th May. I'm also due to see another band in London on 7th which I will be cancelling if we go up as I will want to be celebrating.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Teenage Fanclub
Thurs 24 Nov
C2
Yay

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Together The People have snagged Brian Wilson performing Pet Sounds! Did not see that coming. Turin Brakes and Songhoy Blues also on the bill, think this one may sell better than last year.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
You'd have have thought so, suspect they will hold off on day tickets for quite a while as they try and sell weekend tickets, which I have to say at £99 is making me wince slightly. I can't commit to that right now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
You'd have have thought so, suspect they will hold off on day tickets for quite a while as they try and sell weekend tickets, which I have to say at £99 is making me wince slightly. I can't commit to that right now.

And given OIB's prior track record for big announcements upfront followed by **** all else, I'd hold fire as well.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Any one got any Great Escape recommendations? The gig planner is up on the website.

Yes - Chastity Belt, one of my favourites. Seeing them in London next week.

I've thrown caution to the wind and purchased Together The People tickets for the family, principally to see Brian Wilson. However, certainly hoping for a few more decent names to appear on the line-up, or it could be an expensive way of getting to eat festival food. Also going to Latitude this year - kids will have festival fatigue by the end of the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here