Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes - Chastity Belt, one of my favourites. Seeing them in London next week.

I've thrown caution to the wind and purchased Together The People tickets for the family, principally to see Brian Wilson. However, certainly hoping for a few more decent names to appear on the line-up, or it could be an expensive way of getting to eat festival food. Also going to Latitude this year - kids will have festival fatigue by the end of the summer.

Thanks for recommendation. Will check them out. And massive respect for taking your kids to festivals. Use to do the same when my two were younger and I like to think I helped educate them to like the music that they now listen to. Went to Together The People last year and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. I think the line up 2016 is probably better. Enjoy.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Lloyd Cole, TOM, Mon 17 Oct
Playing Commotions catalogue by the looks of it.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Tindersticks Sunday night at the Dome, oh yes.

.....and another recommendation for Chastity Belt, saw them last year at The Hope and they were splendid. Drummer looked spectacularly uninterested in proceedings.

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Slightly off thread but I am looking for advice/help. I am getting married in 3 months and would like a band to play the reception. We want a good band who do covers etc but perhaps with a funky edge, trumpet or sax would be great. Anyone have any recommendations from bands they have seen, would love to hear them. Thanks in advance.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Tindersticks Sunday night at the Dome, oh yes.

.....and another recommendation for Chastity Belt, saw them last year at The Hope and they were splendid. Drummer looked spectacularly uninterested in proceedings.

Do you know if they are just doing the new record with the videos or whether we are going to get a dig into their older gear?

Chastity Belt are doing a Alt Escape freebie downstairs at The Hope on the Saturday afternoon, if you don't have a ticket for the main event.

Last edited:

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Beverly are second on the bill for this - I can also recommend them. Second album out soon.

The whole line-up is good imo, Love Thy Neighbour's events tend to be pretty up my street. I've got a ticket for The Hookworms thing at the same time and Cowtown are playing on Edward Street. Could be a lot of running around for me.

Merlin Tonto play for them the night before which will be ace.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Do you know if they are just doing the new record with the videos or whether we are going to get a dig into their older gear?

Chastity Belt are doing a Alt Escape freebie downstairs at The Hope on the Saturday afternoon, if you don't have a ticket for the main event.

A) both, Hoorah
B) working, Arse (thanks for the heads up though)

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
John Murry is back in town in September. He's jolly good. 'Jolly' might not be the most appropriate adjective.

And I see the magnificent Julia Holter is paying us a visit in November. I've had tickets to see her 3 times but have had a litany of SHIT that has contrived, thus far, to deny me of her Euterpean delights in the raw, so to speak.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Really enjoyed Melt Yourself Down last night, impossible not to stand still even after a day of disappointment and grief. Still waiting for the vinyl version of the new album to arrive in the post but enjoyed the live taster. Shame about these Haunt events is they finish so early. Was planning then to see AK/DK but that was almost over too.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Really enjoyed Melt Yourself Down last night, impossible not to stand still even after a day of disappointment and grief. Still waiting for the vinyl version of the new album to arrive in the post but enjoyed the live taster. Shame about these Haunt events is they finish so early. Was planning then to see AK/DK but that was almost over too.

We had to fork out for a taxi cos we only realised late that it was an 8.30 start. Do they really need an hour to get the place ready for the clubnight? Anyway, glad you enjoyed too. Was hard to concentrate...

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We had to fork out for a taxi cos we only realised late that it was an 8.30 start. Do they really need an hour to get the place ready for the clubnight? Anyway, glad you enjoyed too. Was hard to concentrate...

I have got used to their early starts ever since missing half of a Phantom Band set and never getting over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here