Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
King Goat album launch at The Albert tonight, epic doom metal that is rightly getting rave reviews across the metal blogosphere. Definitely one of the best rock bands in Brighton imo.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
They are ace! last time I saw them was actually in Brighton, at the Dome just after Strays had come out, what a show that was!

I've only ever seen them at festivals- was lucky enough to see the original lineup at Oxegen a few years back and they were unbelievable. Perry Farrell is the ultimate frontman IMO

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Apologies for putting on here but gig is tomorrow night so urgent!!!
2 x standing tickets for Last Shadow Puppets tomorrow night at The Dome if a fellow Albion fan wants them for £50 for the pair...face value was £80 inc. fees,
I'm in Southwick so collect from there tonight if poss from 6.30pm..send me a direct message on here if interested...
Cheers

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
2 x standing tickets for Last Shadow Puppets tomorrow night at The Dome if a fellow Albion fan wants them for £50 for the pair...face value was £80 inc. fees,
I'm in Southwick so collect from there tonight if poss from 6.30pm..send me a direct message on here if interested...
Cheers

No need to apologise, I reckon you'll make someone very happy!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Last Shadow Puppets are playing The Dome later this year, just been announced, as will be ...

... Sleaford Mods. Jason + The Dome. Who'd have thunk it?

Another show at the dome for last shadow puppets? Any idea of the date. Cant find it anywhere

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Seems Sleaford Mods will be playing Dome Concert Hall and Corn Exchange on the same night.

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
Cheers

Sold x

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Last Shadow Puppets are playing The Dome later this year, just been announced, as will be ...

... Sleaford Mods. Jason + The Dome. Who'd have thunk it?

Is this the bit where I have a little cry about the no show at The Albert. Let it go.......let it go.......

To be fair I would probably have been too pissed to remember it anyway.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I will never understand the mass appeal of Sleaford Mods.

I do and I don't.

As soon as I heard them on 'Austerity Dogs' (their finest hour if you ask me - though it is a compilation, do they count?), they were totally different to anything else I was tuned into at that time. They were probably my favourite thing for about 3 months. I knew there was a big niche they'd fill and they do appear to be filling it. I also thought there was no way this would work to an audience bigger than the Concorde, which was shoved down my throat when I saw them at the John Peel tent at Glastonbury.

My other prediction is they will spawn a bunch of utterly useless copycat bands.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I do and I don't.

As soon as I heard them on 'Austerity Dogs' (their finest hour if you ask me - though it is a compilation, do they count?), they were totally different to anything else I was tuned into at that time. They were probably my favourite thing for about 3 months. I knew there was a big niche they'd fill and they do appear to be filling it. I also thought there was no way this would work to an audience bigger than the Concorde, which was shoved down my throat when I saw them at the John Peel tent at Glastonbury.

My other prediction is they will spawn a bunch of utterly useless copycat bands.

Someone made the point they're the closest thing to punk we have had since punk itself; the more street punk side of the genre. Think it was [MENTION=28490]Machiavelli[/MENTION] . I really get this, and this view also supports every point you're making here.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
LCD Soundsystem at Red Rocks...two nights. If only........

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here