Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Bollocks, was really looking forwards to tonight. It's going to be an almighty ball ache for them to replace all that kit.

As if it isn't difficult enough to be a decent band these days. Was really looking forward to tonight.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I'm seeing Bob Dylan for the first (and most likely last) time in my life this evening.

What made you see him now rather than at any earlier time? Think I last saw him > 10 years ago but was not attracted by current set list (excepting the stupendous Times Have Changed).

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
White light this Thursday at Savannah Haywards a Heath and next Thursday Murdoc crazy eyes two of our best visiting groups and it's free.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Just got back from seeing Johnny Marr, very good I must say. Smattering of Smiths and Electronic thrown in.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
What made you see him now rather than at any earlier time? Think I last saw him > 10 years ago but was not attracted by current set list (excepting the stupendous Times Have Changed).

I'm not a massive Dylan fan so it was a combination of the venue/ artist that attracted me plus someone else willing to sort it out. I probably wouldn't have seen him if left to my own devices.

It was pretty good. Frustrating setlist but I was expecting that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just bought some tickets for Kraftwerk's Computer World Oslo show. This is my 5th Katalog show, 3 more to go for the full set.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1

Post Preston I'm off to the DLW to see The Tallest Man On Earth. Some tix remaining I believe. Worth a gander if you like your guitar led folk based singer song writer stuff.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have a busy period by my standard:
Godspeed next Wed
Protomartyr/Sauna Youth next Fri
Julia Holter 9 Nov

Going to Godspeed ( although originally I had planned to see Slug) and Julia Holter. After that the mighty Fall.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Tallest Man was rather splendid. Pity Bexhill is full of dullards.

Next up:

Godspeed
Peter Hook
Julia Holter
& The Fall (if I can escape another engagement...)

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Damn fine perfomance from Wishbone Ash tonight- some old stuff & some new stuff all played on a flying V.

Anyone going to see Bonamassa at the weekend?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Two London gigs for me this week. Myrkur at the Underworld tomorrow night and then Patti Smith at the Roundhouse on friday. I am intrigued to see who the first goes and am totally hyped for the second.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Jeffrey Lewis on Wednesday for me.

PFJ

Not the JPF ..splitters !
Jun 22, 2010
The Port of Noddy Holder
Definate early 80's vibe for me at the moment . Brilliant stormer of a gig on Saturday, at a very full Forum in London for The Exploited ,Discharge and The Defects. Proper hardcore punks in their twenties and thirties in the audience.Quite bizarre to see the mix of ages.
Tonight at the Concorde, Killing Joke.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here