Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saw (our) James supporting Lonelady at Patterns last night. The woman can't half play, but I came away a little removed from her. She gave the crowd little recognition and the sound needs a proper live sound in my opinion.

Similar thoughts here. Still very enjoyable but missing a 'connection.'

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Saw The Phantom Band in Vienna on sunday and they were fantastic. Playing Sticky Mikes on the 21st October and I highly recommend them, this should be an excellent gig.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Saw The Phantom Band in Vienna on sunday and they were fantastic. Playing Sticky Mikes on the 21st October and I highly recommend them, this should be an excellent gig.

I've said it time and time again. I can't for the life of me understand why they aren't bigger. 4 brilliant albums, frontman with an amazing voice, songwriting that balances expertly the poppy and the challenging and never less than brilliant live. One of the best bands in the country for me and they have been for some time.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've said it time and time again. I can't for the life of me understand why they aren't bigger. 4 brilliant albums, frontman with an amazing voice, songwriting that balances expertly the poppy and the challenging and never less than brilliant live. One of the best bands in the country for me and they have been for some time.

Could not agree more.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Out of interest, what size of venue were they playing out there? Did the crowd get moving?

Played at the Chelsea, which is the main indie/grunge bar in vienna, not a huge crowd sadly, about 100 tops. However it was (as aside from a sizeable South coast contingent 3 Brighton 2 Bognor) a young crowd and they were grooving. Band went down really well. My friends also saw the Berlin and Munich shows, Berlin packed, Munich less so.

I have heard rumblings that they may well be slowing things down after this tour, so I'd certainly see them whilst you can. Shame as it was the best show I'd seen them do.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I have heard rumblings that they may well be slowing things down after this tour, so I'd certainly see them whilst you can. Shame as it was the best show I'd seen them do.

I have this horrid fear that there isn't much longer they can carry on in the face of such indifference. Rick's solo album was very nice as well, I could see him doing better with that sort of stuff.

I saw Johnny Marr on Saturday night. He was ****ing immense.
7 Smiths songs : Panic, There is a Light, Headmasters Ritual, Bigmouth a gorgeous final encore of How Soon Is Now and 2 more I can't remember !
Loads of new stuff, Electronica 'Getting Away With It"
Just brilliant, I think I love him a little bit.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I saw Johnny Marr on Saturday night. He was ****ing immense.
7 Smiths songs : Panic, There is a Light, Headmasters Ritual, Bigmouth a gorgeous final encore of How Soon Is Now and 2 more I can't remember !
Loads of new stuff, Electronica 'Getting Away With It"
Just brilliant, I think I love him a little bit.

Good to hear, going to see him next week :cheers:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Half Moon Run
All Saints Mon 14 March 2016
Pre-sale: Resident noon Wed 14 Oct
£16.50
Whoo and indeed hoo

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Keep an eye out for British Sea Power playing on 18th December. Looks like it will be The Haunt again!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PIL tonight

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here