The league next season!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Why do people think Norwich will do so well? Gunn didn't exactly do well end of last season and not really brought in any players as far as I'm aware. Definitely think we will be play-offs, hopefully the form at the end of the season was a sign of things to come.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
1. Norwich
2. Brighton
----------------
Charlton
MK Dons
Leeds
Huddersfield
----------------
21. Brentford
22. Orient
23. Stockport
24. The Pikey Scum

Charlton to beat Leeds in the play off final :thumbsup:

jharris

Feb 27, 2009
1) Leeds
2) Huddersfield
3) Norwich
4) Charlton
5) Brighton
6) Millwall

21)Walsall
22)Carlisle
23)Yeovil
24)Stockport

Every year the same names in blind optimism think that BHA will get promoted & in reality except for two years ago we have not looked like a winning team.

Please get real. We have a poxy stadium, low crowds & a team that hasn't played with each other yet. Do you really think that Tony Bloom wants us to get promoted next season meaning a season in the Championship at Withdean?

We will compete this year & I expect us to finish between 8th - 12th with a push for promotion next year.

I for one hope that we don't get promoted this year. We will just come straight back down & all be deflated at Falmer!

Arong692

Oct 2, 2008
Well i see that hardly anyone agrees with me on charloton gettin promoted or even in the play offs! Im so certain they will i will challenge anyone with a bet as much money as your willing to loose!

Raflad1984

Jul 14, 2009
RAF Brize Norton
It baffles me that some people seem in slight fear of the 3 relegated teams. All are in financial turmoil and southampton are minus 10 already. My main concerns are leeds and huddersfield.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well i see that hardly anyone agrees with me on charloton gettin promoted or even in the play offs! Im so certain they will i will challenge anyone with a bet as much money as your willing to loose!

they are talking about a takeover being in the offing which will probably mean money to try to buy themselves promotion. They have quality players but uninspiring management IMO. Would still back them for promotion though.

Like others I am not so sure about Norwich and don't fancy Saints chances of overcoming a 10 point deficit. Leeds, however, must surely go up this time with Huddersfield the other leading candidate to escape League 1.

I still have us as top 10 but outside the play-offs

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Leeds
Norwich
-------
Tranmere
BRIGHTON
Millwall
Charlton

Stumpy Tim

For me, it's mostly about who's got the right manager for this level ahead of the money and the squad. Experience of the division, calm, head for tactics will go along way.

Leeds will go up because they have the right manager finally. Norwiich won't because they don't. Huddersfield may not because he's unproven (in spite of all their good signings). Oh and our bloke's got all the attributes.

1 Leeds
2 Charlton
3 Huddersfield
4 Brighton (up via play-offs)

Agree with that, though I think we would do well getting the play-offs. I think we'll flirt with the play-offs but there's a good chance we won't get in

I'm surprised lots of people think Norwich will go up... nice ground, but inexperienced manager (who was a keeper - they don't usually make good managers)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Im looking for a season of consilidation and i think Mr Bloom will give more funds available next year if russ is doing a good job next year for the Big push and the big move to The Sussex stadium at Falmer !!

This season i guess at

1/Leeds Utd
2/MK Dons
3/Norwich
4/Millwall
5/Southampton (Go up via play offs)
6/Southend
7/ THEE ALBION

Relegated no order

yeovil / stockport / exeter / walsall

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i'd love to share the optimisum thats on this thread but after last season i'd settle for the top 10

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Every year the same names in blind optimism think that BHA will get promoted & in reality except for two years ago we have not looked like a winning team.

Please get real. We have a poxy stadium, low crowds & a team that hasn't played with each other yet. Do you really think that Tony Bloom wants us to get promoted next season meaning a season in the Championship at Withdean?

We will compete this year & I expect us to finish between 8th - 12th with a push for promotion next year.

I for one hope that we don't get promoted this year. We will just come straight back down & all be deflated at Falmer!

I understand your reasoning behind not wanting us to go up but I'm not sure I could do it. Wanting my team to not do as well as possible just doesn't seem right.

Anyway, I think if we did go up this season, Bloom would make sure we stayed up regardless of the price. Not saying he's got an infinite supply of cash but it'd have to be done.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Have people forgotten that John Barnes is now Tranmere manager. They will be no where near the play offs. Sacking Ronnie Moore will prove to be the worst decision in League One this season. They will be close to the bottom than the top mark my words.

billy_bremner

Mar 16, 2008
Think this year will be ours because one main reason - Simon Grayson. We have not had a balanced, practical , passionate and intelligent manager like Grayson for a long long time. Even a vermin like Bates will have to end up backing him because Grayson is the real deal.

We saw this with Forest , no longer will our players be taunted by the cup finals , it's the 3rd year in this League and Grayson will tell them on their face what is expected of them and the rewards at the end of it.

ps : Taking Jermaine Beckford of the transfer list gives me even more confidence because now he can play without any distractions and Grayson has been saying that if he scores the goals , Bates will think of giving him the wages he wants !

So my Top 6 therefore ,

1. Leeds United
2. Huddersfield
3. MK Dons
4. Norwich
5. Charlton/Brighton
6. Southampton

Huddersfield are a strong force now and I think Clark will only get better and better as a manager. Their squad is much deeper now for League 1's climate. Norwich's signings so far have been impressive but I'm not too sure of Gunn's capabilities as a manager. Southampton's kids will be a hit under Pardew as he works well with youngsters. If he is backed in the transfer market , then he will make a good attacking team out of them. Asf for Charlton , good manager , some very good individual players but a very weakened and thin squad which needs beefing up badly. If they don't beef up , I can't see them staying in the top 6.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Think this year will be ours because one main reason - Simon Grayson. We have not had a balanced, practical , passionate and intelligent manager like Grayson for a long long time. Even a vermin like Bates will have to end up backing him because Grayson is the real deal.

We saw this with Forest , no longer will our players be taunted by the cup finals , it's the 3rd year in this League and Grayson will tell them on their face what is expected of them and the rewards at the end of it.

ps : Taking Jermaine Beckford of the transfer list gives me even more confidence because now he can play without any distractions and Grayson has been saying that if he scores the goals , Bates will think of giving him the wages he wants !

So my Top 6 therefore ,

1. Leeds United
2. Huddersfield
3. MK Dons
4. Norwich
5. Charlton/Brighton
6. Southampton

Huddersfield are a strong force now and I think Clark will only get better and better as a manager. Their squad is much deeper now for League 1's climate. Norwich's signings so far have been impressive but I'm not too sure of Gunn's capabilities as a manager. Southampton's kids will be a hit under Pardew as he works well with youngsters. If he is backed in the transfer market , then he will make a good attacking team out of them. Asf for Charlton , good manager , some very good individual players but a very weakened and thin squad which needs beefing up badly. If they don't beef up , I can't see them staying in the top 6.

Could be as this, certainly think Huddersfield should be there or there abouts. Hopefull about us but far too early to have the optimism of some. I really don't see Charlton being that great but certainly have the potential and Southampton will surprise me if they get anywhere near the playoffs; just ask Cahrlton fans re Pardew.

Leeds missing out again wouldn't surprise me at all unless they make some inspired signings. I agree with the similarities re Forest but Forest had a much better squad that was held back by Calderwood.

One or more of the promoted sides will be up there somewhere. Possibly Brentford but more likely Wycombe. Millwall will also be strong again:

1. Huddersfield
2. MK Dons
3. Millwall - promoted via play-offs
4. Leeds
5. Norwich - with change of manager part way through
6. Brghton/Charlton/Wycombe

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Pos. Team Pts Dif.
1 Hartlepool United 0 0 Somebody on BT Yahoo witha sense of humor
1 Colchester United 0 0 has rearanged the alphabetical starting order to
1 Brighton and Hove Albion 0 0 this. :thumbsup:
1 Charlton Athletic 0 0
1 Southend United 0 0
1 Oldham Athletic 0 0
1 MK Dons 0 0
1 Huddersfield Town 0 0
1 Yeovil Town 0 0
1 Norwich City 0 0
1 Gillingham 0 0
1 Tranmere Rovers 0 0
1 Stockport County 0 0
1 Leeds United 0 0
1 Bristol Rovers 0 0
1 Wycombe Wanderers 0 0
1 Carlisle United 0 0
1 Millwall 0 0
1 Swindon Town 0 0
1 Walsall 0 0
1 Exeter City 0 0
1 Brentford 0 0
1 Leyton Orient 0 0
24 Southampton -10 0

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Top half possibly playoffs

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
toughest league for few years, i'd consider us alongside B.Rovers / swindon / Tranmere and others etc in that we are probably lookinbg for the final play off place.

One thing for sure is we need to have a decent home record to do this. Something we've struggled at for yonks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports