The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't know you were a TORY

That made me splutter with laughter :wave:

You are quite good at keeping in character for comedy value. But only quite good :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The film about Eddie the Eagle will have a SEQUEL, Angela the Eagle with her HOPELESS sidekick Normal Owen who ends up coming LAST in the Labour Leadership VOTE

Ernest, do you really think Corbyn will be elected PM ? Perhaps to help those most in need (as their supporters see it) the labour party need to have an electable leader

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Are our wires crossed? I'm defending Blair's record

probably although they were the watered down version of the tories ..............they even fooled me for a while

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
is Owen Smith going to step from the shadows
maybe he is the ONE
I don't know much about him?

but did hear him say that JC has laid the ground for him
BIG MAYBE :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He has been elected for, what, 30 years? He is very electable.
Yes. The people who say Corbyn is 'unelectable' are wrong. He was elected as Labour leader (by a massive majority) and the good people of Islington consistently elect him as their MP. Quite clearly he is electable. The question is: is Labour 'electable' with Corbyn as leader? I.e. can he win enough seats in places like Basildon to enable him to become PM?

Personally I think 'yes he could', given the right set of circumstances. But they would have to be REALLY right circumstances.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes. The people who say Corbyn is 'unelectable' are wrong. He was elected as Labour leader (by a massive majority) and the good people of Islington consistently elect him as their MP. Quite clearly he is electable. The question is: is Labour 'electable' with Corbyn as leader? I.e. can he win enough seats in places like Basildon to enable him to become PM?

Personally I think 'yes he could', given the right set of circumstances. But they would have to be REALLY right circumstances.

Yes, you could look at it that way, and say he is elected and electable. But the massive majority to which you refer, is a massive majority only of party activists, many of whom joined late, whose views do not necessarily reflect those of labour voters throughout the country. And therein lies your problem, as it did all those year ago with militant tendency, whose members tried to get to top jobs within the Labour Party, and thus present their more extreme dogma as party policy. Also, isn't Islington that part of London where lots of trendy dinner party luvvies live, who would vote for dear old Jeremy.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, you could look at it that way, and say he is elected and electable. But the massive majority to which you refer, is a massive majority only of party activists, many of whom joined late, whose views do not necessarily reflect those of labour voters throughout the country. And therein lies your problem, as it did all those year ago with militant tendency, whose members tried to get to top jobs within the Labour Party, and thus present their more extreme dogma as party policy. Also, isn't Islington that part of London where lots of trendy dinner party luvvies live, who would vote for dear old Jeremy.
Oh sadly I agree 100%. It seems to me that both sides are wrong: Corbyn IS electable, but he's only electable by minority of the electorate as a whole. I'm stuck in the middle as I'd love to see Corbyn as PM, but I think the Momentum activists are deluded. It's one thing swamping (and intimidating) a party to get your people and policies adopted, it's another thing to do it to a country.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest YouGov poll:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 40% (+10)
LAB: 29% (-4)
UKIP: 12% (-8)
LDEM: 9% (+3)
GRN: 3% (-)

YouGov 17-18/07/16 changes from April

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Latest YouGov poll:

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 40% (+10)
LAB: 29% (-4)
UKIP: 12% (-8)
LDEM: 9% (+3)
GRN: 3% (-)

YouGov 17-18/07/16 changes from April

Good to see the Libs making a bit of headway, perhaps they'll emerge as the creditable opposition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here