Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "JCL" attitude

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If someone supposedly supports an EPL team and the Albion but only owns a top of the EPL team then they are shits.

Who benefits more from a fan buying a club jersey, the massive EPL club or the smaller local side that relies on local sales rather than the millions of O/S opportunities to make money from kits?

To be fair that is all relative Man u need to sell millions of shirts world wide to servie their debt and pay there ridiculous wages.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Your not a football supporter your a glory hunter

Me? How so?

I assume you mean people who pick up teams as they move up the leagues? That is just the way things go though isn't it? especially with kids.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
JCLs ? - Welcome One, Welcome All.

Just don't wear the Man U shirt to any home games, or you will get major grief.

As they are also a local team i like to see palace doing well , will i get a slap if i wear palace stripes to the 1st game next season.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
To be fair that is all relative Man u need to sell millions of shirts world wide to servie their debt and pay there ridiculous wages.

There is no fairness. It's all weighted to the Man U's advantage.

They could be 500 million in debt yet no mnetion of sanctions being placed on them or face winding up orders.

Which is why selling a shirt is far less important for them because they won't ever face the same pressure to keep the books balanced as say a Plymouth will.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
There is no fairness. It's all weighted to the Man U's advantage.

They could be 500 million in debt yet no mnetion of sanctions being placed on them or face winding up orders.

Which is why selling a shirt is far less important for them because they won't ever face the same pressure to keep the books balanced as say a Plymouth will.

I refuse to get into a discussion where I am defending Man U but i don't think they have broken any rules as yet have they?

Hopefully they will go one step further than Plymouth and actually go out of business

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course we want our club to grow. But Brighton is a club who've had more troubles than most in recent years, the ground saga being unlike any other clubs. So you'll just have to wear the JCL tag until you've proved you're not just hanging around for the well over due success and the shiney new stadium. For me I've proved I'm a superior fan because I was at Hereford don't you know. And Gillingham. And Seven Sisters roundabout handing out flyers to get people to Bring Home the Albion.

PS drop the United connection. It's patronising to that Manchester Club

Oct 6, 2010
All this concern about what other people are doing, who they support, what they are wearing........
If I buy a season ticket, or indeed just a single match ticket. I will wear what I want, say what I want, check my phone when I want.
Watch the f##kin game, love the f##kin Albion and mind your f##kin own.
This kind of attitude bit us on the arse last week when people concerned themselves so much about what scc were doing, saying etc.
Vive et vivas

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All this concern about what other people are doing, who they support, what they are wearing........
If I buy a season ticket, or indeed just a single match ticket. I will wear what I want[/B]

Not if you're 1901 you won't. Club shirts are banned. So there. You can't wear what you want, though I believe gimp suits are acceptable

:facepalm:
I only just signed up on here recently and would like to raise a point about this term "JCL". All the people who use this term in a derogatory way, do you not want your club to grow. Do you think all the 18,000 season tickets that plough money into the club were all bought by hardened Albion veterans?

I support Man utd but obviously living in Sussex, it is difficult to see more than a couple of games a season and being 18 means money is a major factor too. But I do watch a lot of Brighton games at the Withdean.

Me and my Dad have bought season tickets for the new stadium and will go along to support Brighton and sing our hearts out every game, but why do some people have a problem with this? Would you rather go into the Amex and only have 7000 crowds or would you rather grow and attract more fans and therefore generate more money?

Rant over

jcl:facepalm:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Good post from the thread starter. And needed to be said. Sometimes NSC really is in danger of disapearing up its own arse.
God help you if you are any of the following:

Not seated in WSU at Amex (if you are 1901 don't even read NSC)
Have a post count less than 4 digits
Have a second club
Don't have a season ticket
Ask the club a "stupid" question
Don't hate Southampton
Etc...etc...

Agreed it can look like that. However I think people are taking this board a bit too seriously. Most of the time it's just banter but on the odd occasion you do get the odd idiot. Looking at your list I am seated in the WSU. I don't have a post count less than four digits. I don't have a second team (although, when I was a kid/teenager I 'followed' Leeds until I was about 16/17). I do have a season ticket (but didn't at Withers although I went regularly), I haven't asked the club a stupid question (I think) and I don't hate Southampton. My own view is that someone who has never been to watch the Albion but has decided to get a ST for the Amex is just as important as someone like me who has been to watch the beloved stripes at dozens of grounds up and down the country for the past 29 years. The trick will be to get people 'hooked' on the Albion and keep em coming back. ALL welcome in my book.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Manager = Scottish
Owners = American
Kit Manufacturers = American
Sponsors = American
Fans = Global

Ever feel you have been had?

The chances are, if we ever achieved that level of success, the same would be said about us - except we would have a Uruguayan manager, of course.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Why worry about JCLs? Whenever the team go shite again, as these things tend to happen with the smaller clubs, they'll be back on the sofa watching Manure again wearing their umpteenth new shirt of that particular season

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
All fans should be welcome, particularly new ones.

I do reserve the right to laugh at anyone from Sussex supporting Manchester United though.

Wierdo.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I only just signed up on here recently and would like to raise a point about this term "JCL". All the people who use this term in a derogatory way, do you not want your club to grow. Do you think all the 18,000 season tickets that plough money into the club were all bought by hardened Albion veterans?

I support Man utd but obviously living in Sussex, it is difficult to see more than a couple of games a season and being 18 means money is a major factor too. But I do watch a lot of Brighton games at the Withdean.

Me and my Dad have bought season tickets for the new stadium and will go along to support Brighton and sing our hearts out every game, but why do some people have a problem with this? Would you rather go into the Amex and only have 7000 crowds or would you rather grow and attract more fans and therefore generate more money?

Rant over

You wouldn't have bought a season ticket if we'd got relegated 2 seasons ago though would you? Do you even know how close we came to it 2 season ago? Or who the managers name was? Or who scored the final goal in that season?

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Of course we want our club to grow. But Brighton is a club who've had more troubles than most in recent years, the ground saga being unlike any other clubs. So you'll just have to wear the JCL tag until you've proved you're not just hanging around for the well over due success and the shiney new stadium. For me I've proved I'm a superior fan because I was at Hereford don't you know. And Gillingham. And Seven Sisters roundabout handing out flyers to get people to Bring Home the Albion.

PS drop the United connection. It's patronising to that Manchester Club

I was at Doncaster home-Hereford and Gillingham and have only been to 2 games this season and i don't have a season ticket due to work-i will accept newbie and johnny ,but come lately? lets put it this way if i die tomorrow or in 60 years time i will only support Albion.

Oct 6, 2010
You wouldn't have bought a season ticket if we'd got relegated 2 seasons ago though would you? Do you even know how close we came to it 2 season ago? Or who the managers name was? Or who scored the final goal in that season? I can predict quite easily you won't, your bandwagon plastic fan and a stain on the club. You say you 'support' manchester united, based on what exactly do you support them?

You sir, are the stain on the club. Horrific attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here