Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The injustice against Liverpool

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Klopp now calling for the game to be replayed.

Surely we all know this whole charade leads to us getting shafted on Sunday?
I think it might go in our favour. It'll be the most scrutinised refereeing and VAR of any game so far this season. That puts more pressure on officials to get it right than be swayed by the kind of unconscious bias that might lead to quick judgements normally.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
A replay?! What a joker. He’s acting like this is the first time a VAR cock up has ever happened, or that it’s somehow more important because it’s Liverpool. So will we get our game against Palace at Selhurst replayed from last season? Or the spurs game?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
No chance of course. But this is all calculated to put pressure on the system to affect future decision making.

Pawn everything you own and bet it on Liverpool this weekend. I think we'll do well in France though

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Yep, he's spot on as VAR has never got it wrong before?

For me the issue is that he is in the same position as if VAR didn't exist. The goal was incorrectly disallowed on the pitch. Surely our example of having a goal allowed on the pitch, but disallowed by VAR is far more whingeworthy.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Whatever the outcome, it is, at least, putting more pressure on VAR to get their act sorted out. That has to be a good thing.

Klopp now calling for the game to be replayed.

Surely we all know this whole charade leads to us getting shafted on Sunday?
That's literally as nuts as calling for VAR to be abolished, will never happen in a million years. As you suggest, there is another agenda at work there

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I vote that Liverpool SHOULD be allowed to replay the game, but they start the new match with 9 nine men. VAR may have cost them one goal (which may or may not have changed the ultimate outcome), but their two players' own ill-discilpine got them sent off, so no way should they get away with a second go.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Yep, he's spot on as VAR has never got it wrong before?

For me the issue is that he is in the same position as if VAR didn't exist. The goal was incorrectly disallowed on the pitch. Surely our example of having a goal allowed on the pitch, but disallowed by VAR is far more whingeworthy.
Examples in the plural (Palace & Spurs)

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I vote that Liverpool SHOULD be allowed to replay the game, but they start the new match with 9 nine men. VAR may have cost them one goal (which may or may not have changed the ultimate outcome), but their two players' own ill-discilpine got them sent off, so no way should they get away with a second go.
Yes but VAR should have overruled ref, never reds, according to Klopp.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
And they should be made to play it this Sunday morning. At Stadium du Spuds. Then hot-foot is down the road to face the mighty Seagulls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here