Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The impact of a Chelsea move to Battersea on the Albion

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It's a fantastic idea but won't have any real impact on us. We'll be in the Premiership by the time it's completed anyway, with champions league football . . . . . Where was I?

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
i guess if its easier to get to chelsea and prices ill be long gone off this albion shit =) ... chelsea has always been my team, brighton as its local, i must say there are only 4k brighton fans true albions who have been there thru thick n thin ..

Jan 30, 2008
i guess if its easier to get to chelsea and prices ill be long gone off this albion shit =) ... chelsea has always been my team, brighton as its local, i must say there are only 4k brighton fans true albions who have been there thru thick n thin ..
:whistle:

goofball

Aug 24, 2011
basically IM ALBION TIL IM BORED IM ALBION TIL IM BORED I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM IM ALBION TIL IM BORED ! just like the other 16k people who go.. :/

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What an odd thread. Reading it you would think Chelsea were moving to Gatwick.

Where does this 3 miles come from ?

The site is just over the over side of the river.

In terms of transport from Brighton, nothing much has changed at all.

Very odd.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
They certainly do for the league games, i think even man utd struggle with cup games.

dunno about league games, but people at work had no problem buying tickets for the champions league games V Napoli / Barcelona - and they never go to any games.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Not many less than the mighty Chelsea in the early eighties then. Of course you would already know that though as you were obviously one of the very few in Mr Bates days, or not at the case maybe!

Littlehampton Palace

Littlehampton Based Palac
Nov 5, 2007
LITTLEHAMPTON
That says more about Palace really. I doubt either Brighton or Chelsea will have to resort to Groupon to shift tickets.

For the 1st time in Eons BHA have had a bigger average than Palace couldn't beat us on pitch though could you :lolol:
Give it a few more seasons and the Amex will be as empty as the Ricoh arena :p

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
So what is the issue with expanding SB? Can the site not acommodate a 60k stadium or is more to do with the cost (surely not)?

No. the site is way too small and hemmed in by a railway line on two sides, the Chelsea Village development (very expensive flats and home to one Greg Stanley) and a major road on another. The transport issues would be vary difficult to satisfy as well.

stamford_bridge_chelsea_21447_21_3457149.jpg

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Google Maps says it's about 2.2 miles to walk from Stamford Bridge to the BPS site.

..and not much difference in getting to from Brighton. Still a change at Clapham Junction onto a local train or the new Northern Line spur.

Direct train from Croydon though.

Their traditional "working class" support comes from Wandsworth, I'm sure Bushy will back that up. It will be them streaming back, not people from Sussex.

Last edited:

gingertom

Jan 14, 2010
Spot on, 52m to Battersea Park from Brighton on a Saturday, 57 mins to West Brompton. 5 minutes and cheaper pies, can't see that being a big factor.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
hammersmith and fulham wont let chelsea redevelop as the local infrastructure cant take the extra 15000 fans spilling out onto fulham rd after the game.

no, the local estate agents have had their say.

i think its both and neither. Abramovich could buy up the locals though and pay off the council. either would probably be cheaper than buying a new site. really its just damn inconvienient to be extending such a site.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here