Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The guy who stormed out of H Block

Oct 2, 2008
What was all that about ?. Flew down the stairs yelling abuse at someone (or was it a group) at the top of the stand , cue chants of Cheerio etc.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I think he posts on here...

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I think he finally cracked, fuming about the one steward who was asking everyone to sit down during the game. It was the first time I'd sat up that way, and all my life, now I understand what all the fuss it about. 40-50 fans fancy standing up during the game and singing a few songs, not hurting, or restricting the view of anyone behind them, and 1 (one) chap tries to ruin their day out. It was, pretty much, the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen at a football match. And I've been to lots.

Sep 1, 2010
I think he finally cracked, fuming about the one steward who was asking everyone to sit down during the game. It was the first time I'd sat up that way, and all my life, now I understand what all the fuss it about. 40-50 fans fancy standing up during the game and singing a few songs, not hurting, or restricting the view of anyone behind them, and 1 (one) chap tries to ruin their day out. It was, pretty much, the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen at a football match. And I've been to lots.

If that is the case then I apologise for mr previous flipancy. Some of the stewards are okay but a few are total control freaks

He was angry with a steward, the one who intends on ruining everyones day by shouting "Can ya sit down pleashhhhh" in an incredibly annoying dutch market salesman accent. I do believe it was myself who began to take the piss out of him, only due to the fact he looked rotten drunk and had an uncanny resemblence to the fat murderer out of "The Hills Have Eyes". It was only a bit of banter, that whole stand has been a joke for a few seasons now, it is just funny to sit there and mock really.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

Outrageous! a club steward was trying to get all of the supporters to comply with the FA's regulations to stop the club from getting fined

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Outrageous! a club steward was trying to get all of the supporters to comply with the FA's regulations to stop the club from getting fined

If that's the case why allow people to stand at the back and why allow the away fans to stand or have the club got different rules for different parts of the ground?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If that's the case why allow people to stand at the back and why allow the away fans to stand or have the club got different rules for different parts of the ground?

FA regulations are that everyone is seated during the game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Would respectfully suggest that somebody who flounces out of H Block so easily probably shouldn't have gone there in the first place.

FA regulations are that everyone is seated during the game.

Yes, but you have ignored the quite legitimate point that supporters are allowed to stand along the back of both the South and East stands, in no way complying with regulations and surely at greater risk of having a fatal accident falling off the back of the stand or something (joking). The regulations are health and safety based so why are the people at the highest point of the stadium allowed to lean against scaffolding?

Also when big away followings, or any at all, turn up to the Withdean they are allowed to stand for the entirety of the game. It is contradictive of what the club are enforcing on their own fans and at times has killed any sort of wiff of an atmosphere. This particular steward is so utterly annoying you would have to personally experience him yourself. It is quite funny what an utter tool he is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The bigger the crowd, the less resistance there is to people standing.

Anyone see the Kop at Liverpool this afternoon ? As per usual, about 10,000 scousers standing for most of the game, and not a thing is done about it. At that of all clubs.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Yes, but you have ignored the quite legitimate point that supporters are allowed to stand along the back of both the South and East stands, in no way complying with regulations and surely at greater risk of having a fatal accident falling off the back of the stand or something (joking). The regulations are health and safety based so why are the people at the highest point of the stadium allowed to lean against scaffolding?

Also when big away followings, or any at all, turn up to the Withdean they are allowed to stand for the entirety of the game. It is contradictive of what the club are enforcing on their own fans and at times has killed any sort of wiff of an atmosphere. This particular steward is so utterly annoying you would have to personally experience him yourself. It is quite funny what an utter tool he is.

In fairness, it's just common sense to allow small numbers of people to stand at the back of the stand and not make a fuss about it. If there is a pocket of 50 people in J block standing, then they will always be told to sit down because it's a small number of people and something that the stewards can control relatively easily. It's an old argument and it will always piss people off, but it is their job to do so.

With regards to large numbers of away fans, there is no way that the stewards can make near 1000 people sit down. It's very rare there is any decent following in that stand anyway, so I'm sure you'll agree that the vast majority of the time, home and away fans are treated the same.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
With regards to large numbers of away fans, there is no way that the stewards can make near 1000 people sit down. It's very rare there is any decent following in that stand anyway, so I'm sure you'll agree that the vast majority of the time, home and away fans are treated the same.

So you're saying its all about the numbers? So if all of H Block stood up then the stewards would turn a blind eye? Maybe we should try it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here