The guy who stormed out of H Block

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
He was angry with a steward, the one who intends on ruining everyones day by shouting "Can ya sit down pleashhhhh" in an incredibly annoying dutch market salesman accent. I do believe it was myself who began to take the piss out of him, only due to the fact he looked rotten drunk and had an uncanny resemblence to the fat murderer out of "The Hills Have Eyes". It was only a bit of banter, that whole stand has been a joke for a few seasons now, it is just funny to sit there and mock really.

I was taking the piss out of him when he goes " can you sit down guys ". Saw you turned around to me because you was doing aswell but he really is a dickhead of the highest order.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm confused. Was the guy frustrated at the stewarding or something else? It certainly looked from where I was stood that he was directing his ire towards his fellow fans.

Seemed like that to me also. Tho maybe that was in response to the 'Cheeriocheeriocheerio' thing :lol:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yes, but you have ignored the quite legitimate point that supporters are allowed to stand along the back of both the South and East stands, in no way complying with regulations and surely at greater risk of having a fatal accident falling off the back of the stand or something (joking). The regulations are health and safety based so why are the people at the highest point of the stadium allowed to lean against scaffolding?

Also when big away followings, or any at all, turn up to the Withdean they are allowed to stand for the entirety of the game. It is contradictive of what the club are enforcing on their own fans and at times has killed any sort of wiff of an atmosphere. This particular steward is so utterly annoying you would have to personally experience him yourself. It is quite funny what an utter tool he is.

The regulations should be enforced in every area of the stadium. If I was a steward and asking nicely wouldn't work I'd stand in your way until you sat down

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
FA regulations are that everyone is seated during the game.
But they don't do they? Fans stand up and sit down at will as the game ebbs and flows - and some stand up more than others. Because the whole question of 'when during a game are you allowed to stand?' is a grey area and because the regulations are routinely flouted at grounds up and down the country (the bigger the club the more lawbreakers it has) clubs do NOT get fined or have areas of their grounds shut down because of fans standing. This is despite the bluster of people like yourself who are only too happy to obey every petty regulation and restriction that the Authorities impose on us.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
What a twat! Your not a PC Plod by any chance?

So a supporter being a muppet is fine but a steward enforcing an FA regulation is a Twat. I bet your one of the fans that the stewards have all the hassle and abuse from

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
So a supporter being a muppet is fine but a steward enforcing an FA regulation is a Twat. I bet your one of the fans that the stewards have all the hassle and abuse from

I very much doubt it as i dont go to the Withdean.

I bet your one of them fans that goes to away games and has to sit in your allocated seat and when people stand up your the one telling them to sit down as you cant see.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
But they don't do they? Fans stand up and sit down at will as the game ebbs and flows - and some stand up more than others. Because the whole question of 'when during a game are you allowed to stand?' is a grey area and because the regulations are routinely flouted at grounds up and down the country (the bigger the club the more lawbreakers it has) clubs do NOT get fined or have areas of their grounds shut down because of fans standing. This is despite the bluster of people like yourself who are only too happy to obey every petty regulation and restriction that the Authorities impose on us.

I'm aware of the rules and understand that a consequence may follow if I break them. I don't agree with them all but I think stewards, especially in H block get a hardtime because people are awkward and think they should be able to do whatever they like

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
FA regulations are that everyone is seated during the game.

Its not FA rules, its local council H&S rules, applied to ridiculously pedantic levels by jobs-worth stewards who in most cases havn't got a clue what supporting football is all about in the real world,......

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I think the only way people will get away with standing at Falmer is if the whole of the Northstand stands up.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm aware of the rules and understand that a consequence may follow if I break them. I don't agree with them all but I think stewards, especially in H block get a hardtime because people are awkward and think they should be able to do whatever they like
No, you THINK you're aware of the consequence. You said the club will get fined if people stand during a game (post #11). No it won't.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Bearing in mind that the south stand is very much on its last legs and feels more than a little creaky, I would think it is in every ones interests to sit down and move as little as possible.

When did it last have a safety check? The stairs are buckling and most of the seat rows seem to move back at an alarming angle.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports