Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If you care to present around 14000 individual instance then I will believe Nick the Naieve31. Johnson has lied, just like all politicians do, even JC, but throwing imaginary totals of lies around is just twaddle.

Christ on a bike, what a bloody idiot you are.
Some of the Tory posts on here today are extraordinarily stupid.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pity Corbyn thought the Queens speech on Christmas Day was in the morning (rather than its regular 3PM)

Squirming followed about spending it with family but made him look plain stupid.

If he doesn't watch it (60 million people in this country don't) then how would he know what time it is on?

The hypocrisy in this thread is astounding. Only 6.3 million people watch the Queens Speech, so why is it such a horrific thing to do?

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
The extraordinary news today that even The New Statesman finds it impossible to endorse the anti-Semite and his gang of Momentum thugs really ought to make anyone on the moderate left think long and hard before voting Labour. It's clear now who is the nasty party and they wear red rosettes.

If only he was an anti semite, then your post would be a little bit credible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The New Stateman, known as the labour bible that has always for over 100 years endorsed the labour leader to win a general election and become prime minister has today for the first time in a century Not endorsed Jeremy Corbyn and has said in its editorial that Corbyn is unfit to be Prime Minister.

That is big news and very damming .

Thoughts ?

Thoughts are, it belongs in the main election thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Ivan Lewis, a former Labour minister who is on the ballot in Bury South as an independent, has announced he is supporting the Conservative candidate in his constituency "to stop Corbyn".

In a Facebook post, Mr Lewis - who is Jewish - says: "Voting Conservative in Bury South is the only way to make sure Brexit is delivered, protect our national security and make sure the economy doesn’t crash with devastating consequences for working and vulnerable people.

"It’s the only way for decent people of all faiths and none to say no to anti-Semitism and show solidarity with their Jewish neighbours, workmates and friends."

As well as criticising the "institutionalised racism" he believes exists in Labour, he says Mr Corbyn's plans are "unaffordable" and he prefers "the values of Russia and Iran to Britain and America".

Mr Lewis says a survivor of the Kindertransport, which rescued Jewish children from the Nazis before the outbreak of World War Two, urged him to back the Conservatives.

Labour has been dealing with the row over the extent of anti-Semitism within the party for more than three years.

Mr Corbyn has insisted he is dealing with the issue and apologised on Tuesday for "everything that has happened"

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
All politicians lie, or tell half truths or fail to say things. That's the nature of the profession that they have created.

The Prime Minister has been sacked twice for lying and just for good measure tried to get an innocent lady out of prison and managed to get her sentence extended.
This is the man you want to lead the country, the man who says Muslim women look like letter boxes and bank robbers, that black people have water melon smiles.
UK security, there is far more chance of this country being seriously cyber attacked than having a nuclear bomb dropped on us.
I fear being stabbed more than I do having a nuclear bomb dropped on me.
I fear dying waiting for an operation or treatment more than I do having a nuclear bomb dropped on me.
People need to really wake up quickly and realise that Johnson is taking you all for mugs or are you all too stupid and ignorant to realise it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ok, I’ll give you the highlights. Corbyn has promised lots of free stuff. Understandably, people want to know how he’ll pay for it. [MENTION=38012]BenGarfield[/MENTION] a Corbyn cheerleader suggested MMT. I think it will probably be taxes and debt though. But, you’d have to wonder why a Momentum supporter is suggesting MMT if it’s *not* the policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Momentum don't actually run the labour party (even though they like to think they do)? ???

edit - any more than the monday club runs the conservative party

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No, it would be The New Statesman's own statement.

No, this would be the New Statesman's own statement

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/election-2019/2019/12/leader-britain-deserves-better

Somewhat different to your quote ???

The extraordinary news today that even The New Statesman finds it impossible to endorse the anti-Semite and his gang of Momentum thugs really ought to make anyone on the moderate left think long and hard before voting Labour. It's clear now who is the nasty party and they wear red rosettes.

Which doesn't appear anywhere in the article

But here are some actual quotes from the article you refer to

It has been Britain’s misfortune, at such a conjuncture, to be led by Mr Johnson. Throughout his media and political careers, he has been revealed as a huckster and populist manipulator, and yet he is impervious to personal criticism and seems able to reach out to voters beyond his class politics.

In office, Mr Johnson has transformed the Conservative Party from a broad church into a Leave sect by removing the whip from 21 Tory MPs, including nine former cabinet ministers. He unlawfully prorogued parliament in a shameless attempt to deny MPs the right to debate Brexit. And he dismissed concerns over his inflammatory language – three years after the murder of the MP Jo Cox – as “humbug”.

The supposed “party of the economy” is now pursuing a Brexit deal that the government’s own forecasts suggest will reduce growth by as much as 6.7 per cent of GDP (£130bn) between 2020 and 2034, leaving the average person £2,250 a year poorer. The supposed “party of the Union” is now proposing to establish a new border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK.

Mr Johnson’s repeated insistence that a Conservative government will “get Brexit done” should deceive nobody. His vow to achieve a comprehensive new trade deal with the EU by December 2020 is unachievable. Either the UK will sign an inadequate agreement, or none at all, or it will be forced to seek an extension (the average trade negotiation lasts at least four years). This is the truth of the matter.

Did it not occur to you and [MENTION=34864]Live by the sea[/MENTION], that if you actually read the article before excitedly quoting the daily mail's version of it, you may have appeared better informed :facepalm:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The Prime Minister has been sacked twice for lying and just for good measure tried to get an innocent lady out of prison and managed to get her sentence extended.
This is the man you want to lead the country, the man who says Muslim women look like letter boxes and bank robbers, that black people have water melon smiles.
UK security, there is far more chance of this country being seriously cyber attacked than having a nuclear bomb dropped on us.
I fear being stabbed more than I do having a nuclear bomb dropped on me.
I fear dying waiting for an operation or treatment more than I do having a nuclear bomb dropped on me.
People need to really wake up quickly and realise that Johnson is taking you all for mugs or are you all too stupid and ignorant to realise it.

I think a rabid hatred of Corbyn has greater traction (as an explanation for the continued flutter of the blue flag) than an unswerving devotion to Boris the liar, to be fair. It is a boot on the other foot for me - doesn't mean aI have enthusiasm for Corbyn, nevertheless. It is....nuanced. :shrug:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
They are rolling out in major citys. Should've been a proviso for all suppliers to pool money to supply to the far to reach areas

Of course they will roll it out in the areas with a higher population density, but,there is no incentive to run a cable more than 20 yards without there being a probable customer at the end. No way would Broadband Providers ever pool any sort of cash for rural areas, they answer to their shareholders only, they don't do anything for the public good, hence, it needs to be government led or it will never happen.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Maybe it’s just me but I fail to understand how anyone with an ounce of decency could vote for Corbyn in this election. He really is a nasty piece of work. Anyway I’ve said my piece.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The New Stateman, known as the labour bible that has always for over 100 years endorsed the labour leader to win a general election and become prime minister has today for the first time in a century Not endorsed Jeremy Corbyn and has said in its editorial that Corbyn is unfit to be Prime Minister.

That is big news and very damming .

Thoughts ?

It's almost as if you haven't actually read the New Statesman's article at all...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Maybe it’s just me but I fail to understand how anyone with an ounce of decency could vote for Corbyn in this election. He really is a nasty piece of work. Anyway I’ve said my piece.

No, there are plenty of knuckle draggers who will probably agree with you. :thumbsup:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

He's far from perfect, there's a lot wrong with him. But a politician of conviction wins all day over a serial liar and narcissist

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Because Momentum don't actually run the labour party (even though they like to think they do)? ???

edit - any more than the monday club runs the conservative party

You've neatly summed up the factually correct position and the issue TBF. Let me put this in playground language; Momentum and Jeremy, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here