• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
No, no it doesn't. This individual is clearly not wholly supportive of his party leader and election strategy. HOLD THE FRONT PAGE...!!!!

The tories got rid of all dissenters from the right wing message peddled by Johnston; the Party cannot claim to be a broad church anymore....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The simple fact of the matter is this.

If, after everything that this government has done (the critically ill children waiting on the floor in A&E, the fact there are more food banks than there are branches of McDonalds in the UK despite there being only one in 2010, the willingness to peddle fake news), you're still not convinced to stop voting for them then there's nothing that my words, or indeed anyone's words, can do for you. You are lost.

Johnson could shoot a child in the middle of Churchill Square and you'd still be clutching your blue ribbon, crying "...but Corbyn would be worse!"

Posting garbage like this just plays into the hands of the Tories. Did you bother to actually look up how many food banks there were in 2010? I doubt it. On one side we've got the Tories spreading fake stories about a senior nurse at the leeds hospital and that sort of thing should hit them hard then idiots spout unchecked crap that nullifies what the tories have done.

For what it's worth, the Trussell Trust had about 50 food banks in 2009/10 and they aren't the only operators. Play on the fact that usage has gone up dramatically since then rather than posting fake facts.

https://foodpovertyinquiry.files.wo...poverty-appg-evidence-review-final.pdf#page=8

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Last Thursday 5th December, my other half was told that 12 people will be made redundant (he was one of 19). Today he has been told he will finish on 20th December. He has been there 16.5 years. The firm has blamed Brexit because a lot of their customers are European.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Ps anyone know of a firm wanting an Electronic Design Engineer please pm me.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Posting garbage like this just plays into the hands of the Tories. Did you bother to actually look up how many food banks there were in 2010? I doubt it. On one side we've got the Tories spreading fake stories about a senior nurse at the leeds hospital and that sort of thing should hit them hard then idiots spout unchecked crap that nullifies what the tories have done.

For what it's worth, the Trussell Trust had about 50 food banks in 2009/10 and they aren't the only operators. Play on the fact that usage has gone up dramatically since then rather than posting fake facts.

https://foodpovertyinquiry.files.wo...poverty-appg-evidence-review-final.pdf#page=8

Very well, you're right, I apologise.

However the obsession over one incorrect detail and ignoring the very obvious and indisputable fact that food bank usage has soared in the last nine and a half years simply serves to get them off the hook.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Does anyone know when question time will do a program for the over 30s?

It does seem a tad weird to do age restricted debates. After all, companies and business aren't allowed to discriminate on age by law, so why should political parties / broadcasters be allowed to do so ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Last Thursday 5th December, my other half was told that 12 people will be made redundant (he was one of 19). Today he has been told he will finish on 20th December. He has been there 16.5 years. The firm has blamed Brexit because a lot of their customers are European.

I’m sorry to hear that.

It’s a shame they can’t pick on those that voted for this mess in the first place

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

Try Thales in Crawley - I'm always getting similar job offers from them. Having been made redundant 5 times and spending Sept 18 - July 19 out of work I know how it feels ( regardless of Brexit or not ).

PS - I have previously worked for them and it was a great place to work.

PPS - given how long he's worked for his current company it may be worth speak to a solicitor to try and get more out of them - I highly recommend Fiona Martin in Brighton - google her.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It does seem a tad weird to do age restricted debates. After all, companies and business aren't allowed to discriminate on age by law, so why should political parties / broadcasters be allowed to do so ?

Why the hell not? After all, the many Europeans that work, live and have made their lives here, were discriminated against, by not being allowed to have a say during the referendum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Try Thales in Crawley - I'm always getting similar job offers from them. Having been made redundant 5 times and spending Sept 18 - July 19 out of work I know how it feels ( regardless of Brexit or not ).

PS - I have previously worked for them and it was a great place to work.

PPS - given how long he's worked for his current company it may be worth speak to a solicitor to try and get more out of them - I highly recommend Fiona Martin in Brighton - google her.

Thank you. He is a member of a union, having paid privately via direct debit, so the rep is going to be with him in any further meetings. He is definitely due three months pay in lieu of notice, and should get the government recommendation of 16.5 years service.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Why the hell not? After all, the many Europeans that work, live and have made their lives here, were discriminated against, by not being allowed to have a say during the referendum.

With a few exceptions they aren't allowed to vote in any UK wide elections so why should it have changed for the referendum ?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Sorry to hear that TB, hope your other half is able to find some work without too much delay.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Thank you. He is a member of a union, having paid privately via direct debit, so the rep is going to be with him in any further meetings. He is definitely due three months pay in lieu of notice, and should get the government recommendation of 16.5 years service.

That's good ( well if anything can be good in this situation ! ). Regardless, good luck and Merry Christmas to you both. I'd suggest not worrying about it until the new year. Mrs W is currently out of work and the market has dried up so she, correctly, has stopped worrying about it until January.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Sorry to hear that.Hope he finds something suitable soon.

I got made redundant after working for 35 years with the same company - and immediately started up myself.

It was the best thing that happened to me.

Ironically Brexit has boosted my business - we sell everything overseas and for Europeans buying from us prices have fallen by more than more than 20% because of exchange rates since June 2016.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Such a strange election, Boris Johnson could murder a baby and wouldn't seem to make any difference to the election because there seems there might be enough people that want Brexit and believe he can do it.

He can lie, spout racist comments, hide a report into Russian interference into British politics, show he doesn't give a shit about he NHS, not have any costed manifesto, make up fake websites, lie on how many nurses they are trying to employee, lie about how many new hospitals they are building and tried to break the law in parliament.

Incredible times we live in if this moron gets in. Who is voting for them? I don't meet anyone who has a good word to say about the Tories, it must be the bubble I live in, not many over 60's or complete cretins in my friendship or work colleagues.

Well said, and the above is exactly why those who are considering voting Tory, should have a long, hard look at their motives for doing so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here