• Monster Raving Looney Party

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Other

Votes: 29 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D

Deleted member 2719

You have made the all too frequent mistake, that because I criticise the inhumane policies of the Tory party that I must then be a card carrying member of the Labour Party.

Assumption is a terrible thing!

Sorry.

Now there's a word you won't hear from Swinson for threatening to revoke article 50. :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

I fear for our brainwashed groomed students.

Does anyone worry about them???

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Really?

It’s easy to get inured to big numbers as the parties make claims and counter-claims about billions and trillions of pounds actually or supposedly being promised in tax and spending increases. So let’s get one thing clear about Labour’s pledges. They are very, very big indeed.

Labour is looking to increase public spending by more than £130 billion a year. That’s on a base of about £810 billion. This would increase public spending by about six percentage points of national income. It would take the share spent by government to levels not sustained in peacetime.

These numbers ignore the costs of nationalising water, energy, rail, mail and BT Openreach. They also ignore the long-term consequences of a particularly imprudent pledge: that state pension ages will not rise beyond 66. That would mean spending on state pensions rising by more than £60 billion a year by the 2050s relative to today.

Of that £130 billion of extra spending, £55 billion is earmarked for capital investment. That would double investment spending. There is a strong case for more investment spending, but increases on this scale probably couldn’t be achieved in an effective and efficient manner over a parliament. Labour would be content to borrow the additional £55 billion a year required to fund its spending, and would hence be comfortable with public sector debt rising over time. But it has said it wants to raise taxes by £80 billion a year.

That too is a vast increase, and it would take our tax burden to its highest level in history. About half of that £80 billion increase would supposedly come from increases in corporation tax. That would take our corporation tax revenue from about the OECD average to among the very highest, and right to the top of the G7 league table.

The claim that the scale of public spending that Labour desires can be financed entirely by taxing companies and “the rich” does not stand up to scrutiny.
- IFS

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/labour-manifesto-big-plans-dont-bear-real-scrutiny-g9cg7ncxx

Not 'radical' (see also reckless and unaffordable) my hairy arse.

So, I assume you ignored that info graph I posted that shows Labour’s spending plans are only slightly over the OECD average. And would put us way below the spending of a host of over countries including Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, Finland and France. Every single one of them directs a higher proportion of their national wealth to public investment than what Corbyn is proposing. And that's after the Tories have spent a ruinous decade cutting, and slashing, and under-investing, and asset stripping our country to the bare bones. We need investment now, more than ever.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

I worry for their future, which is why I'm voting in an attempt to stop Brexit.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It is just another piece of tittle tattle designed to distract people from the main issues.

It can't be only me who couldn't care less about what individual MPs and ministers say and don't say and who or what they shag.

The only questions that matter at this election are about policies.

Judgement, integrity and trustworthiness matter to me as well, as does a track record that doesn't reveal repeat mendacity and excessive self-entitlement.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
[TWEET]1204353103111307264[/TWEET]

As people have said for some time now. The 'winners' thin skins cannot allow them to be seen as 'mugged' by the people ... who have 'mugged' them.
They wouldnt be able to handle the ridicule.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Sorry.

Now there's a word you won't hear from Swinson for threatening to revoke article 50. :thumbsup:

You do understand that if she was in a position to carry out her “threat”, it would be because the electorate had VOTED for it, surely?

That’s how democracy works.

I don’t see you demanding that all the other parties who won’t form the next government should apologise for their beliefs.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Quite the contrary...………….

It's the Daily Mail and co that do the brainwashing, and the lying, and the fabrication of stories.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I fear for more than just them.

I fear for the whole sections of society which have been brainwashed by their (anti)social media news feeds, full of weaponised, precision targeted disinformation unleashed by malign foreign actors.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Austerity will come to an end if you vote tory.

That had to employ austerity as it was common sense as labour went mad with the finances as usual when they were last in. spend, spend spend.

A vote for tory will stabilize the country, if you vote for any other seat which could potentially make it a hung parliament, we will be back into the boom-bust scenario.
That's what happens after a labour government when they get their mitts on the cheque book.

This time around with Labours latest brain dead spending plans we will end up going into a longer austerity.

Lets not break the country again, eh?

I think you must inhabit some strange parallel universe.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sorry.

Why should she apologise for something she believes in? I believe in revoking Article 50 too and I'll be damned if you think I'm apologising for that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The simple fact of the matter is this.

If, after everything that this government has done (the critically ill children waiting on the floor in A&E, the fact there are more food banks than there are branches of McDonalds in the UK despite there being only fifty in 2010, the willingness to peddle fake news), you're still not convinced to stop voting for them then there's nothing that my words, or indeed anyone's words, can do for you. You are lost.

Johnson could shoot a child in the middle of Churchill Square and you'd still be clutching your blue ribbon, crying "...but Corbyn would be worse!"

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I think you must inhabit some strange parallel universe.

I'm trying to remember a time when one of his insights or predictions has actually come to fruition.

More waffle than Birdseye.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You do understand that if she was in a position to carry out her “threat”, it would be because the electorate had VOTED for it, surely?

That’s how democracy works.

I don’t see you demanding that all the other parties who won’t form the next government should apologise for their beliefs.

I do worry about some of our posters ideas of what democracy is exactly. No government is bound by the previous government, so if she got a majority (which I doubt) then she would have a democratic mandate.

It's almost as though the bots want to stop any opposition to anything. A dictatorship, in other words.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
.....................he would be arrested, tried, imprisoned and thus unable to become PM.

So why was he not arrested, tried and imprisoned and thus unable to become PM for lying to the Queen?

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The simple fact of the matter is this.

If, after everything that this government has done (the critically ill children waiting on the floor in A&E, the fact there are more food banks than there are branches of McDonalds in the UK despite there being only one in 2010, the willingness to peddle fake news),

ahem, we used "food banks" in the early 90's, just werent called that, and Trussell Trust had a couple dozen by 2010. so be carefull with that "fake news" peddling.

worth asking the question again, should be trying to resolve this issue by having food stamps given to those in need?

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003
Such a strange election, Boris Johnson could murder a baby and wouldn't seem to make any difference to the election because there seems there might be enough people that want Brexit and believe he can do it.

He can lie, spout racist comments, hide a report into Russian interference into British politics, show he doesn't give a shit about he NHS, not have any costed manifesto, make up fake websites, lie on how many nurses they are trying to employee, lie about how many new hospitals they are building and tried to break the law in parliament.

Incredible times we live in if this moron gets in. Who is voting for them? I don't meet anyone who has a good word to say about the Tories, it must be the bubble I live in, not many over 60's or complete cretins in my friendship or work colleagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports