Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fans phone in, has it passed it's sell by date?

ChapManiA

Banned
Oct 25, 2004
Burgess Hill, West-Sussex
What grates me is how Harty keeps saying to give the phone-in guys a chance, that its a good show and they do a great job.

The phone-in will only recover is Harty comes back, if not, they may as well put it to bed.

D

Deleted User X18H

The people who complained about the window licker comment are to blame.

Well done dickheads, you've ruined it for the rest of us :tosser:

Couldn't agree more wasn't it Andy from Kent.Who brought the matter up straight away as the first caller after the match had ended. The entire matter would have been dome and dusted and completely forgotten about had he not got on his high horse that evening.

He might post on here.

Sadly I'd rather listen to a recital of Gordon Browns memoirs than the phone in nowadays.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I admit it's not great but i'd rather have some sort of post match analyses driving home than nothing atall! So keep it IMO

Jameson

Best use it or lose it; or even worse have to listen to constant Surrey stuff just like the rest of Radio "Sussex". We could end up having to listen to Aldershot drivel. No point in blaming the presenters if no-one can be arsed to take part. I dont particularly enjoy Mike Ward but otherwise I dont think they are too bad.

D

Deleted User X18H

Best use it or lose it; or even worse have to listen to constant Surrey stuff just like the rest of Radio "Sussex". We could end up having to listen to Aldershot drivel. No point in blaming the presenters if no-one can be arsed to take part. I dont particularly enjoy Mike Ward but otherwise I dont think they are too bad.

Its not Mikes fault he does his best. There is just no spontaneity anymore.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I enjoyed doing the phone in the 5 or 6 times I did it. The best shows were the ones where people phoned in at the top with something good to say. And by good, I mean controversial, or at the very least 'opinionated'. For that reason; it really is only as good as what you put in. It would be a real shame to lose it as they wouldn't replace it with anything Albion related. The worst phone-in would be no phone-in.

I had my radio with me yesterday afternoon. On the bus back to Mithras House, I considered switching it on, but decided that a conversation about the match with a complete stranger sitting opposite would probably be more interesting.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I had my radio with me yesterday afternoon. On the bus back to Mithras House, I considered switching it on, but decided that a conversation about the match with a complete stranger sitting opposite would probably be more interesting.

I had my radio with me yesterday afternoon. On the bus back to Mithras House, I considered switching it on. Lord B and Roz swept by me as they bagged a couple of the seats at the back. I felt shunned :bigwave:
So I switched on my radio. It was not bad but nowhere near as good as Harty and the Housewifes favourite. It's lost it's edge somehow.

Last edited:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
not the best but if it goes whats it to be replaced with.......some dribble about the countryside or gardening.

Rather have albion talk than nothing

I enjoyed doing the phone in the 5 or 6 times I did it. The best shows were the ones where people phoned in at the top with something good to say. And by good, I mean controversial, or at the very least 'opinionated'. For that reason; it really is only as good as what you put in. It would be a real shame to lose it as they wouldn't replace it with anything Albion related. The worst phone-in would be no phone-in.

Without being a 'licker', I actually thought you were by far the best at hosting the show. When doing the shows I found you much more interesting to listen to even by tone of voice than anyone who has done the show since Harty left.

If my rubbish memory serves me correctly, apart from the stand out incident that people complained about, there was opposition to Harty not about his broadcasting skills, but the fact that he was quite often shouted down, predominantly on here, about his views about Micky Adam's. There seemed to be a lot of 'smell the coffee' comments and various abusive things said after Harty had continuously given his support to Adam's as manager despite the troubles that season and I think people should maybe think about that when complaining about the current phone in presenters.

It is pretty dull, yet having nothing to listen to would be 10x worse. Also I feel the commentator who replaced Hawsey has improved considerably and is actually rather good, despite the odd guests he sometimes has alongside him, particularly that gut last year who sticks out in my mind that couldn't say "Forster" properly.

It would undoubtedly be better with Harty back, but if people are unhappy with the show then maybe they should phone up and spice it up a bit, ala 'Big al' from the moan in.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately the phone in has gone the way of most of Radio Sussex's shows and had decent presenters replaced by drab presenters with no personality whatsoever. I wouldnt miss it if they stopped Radio Sussex altogether and I was an avid listener at home and on the car radio.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I wonder if the lack of callers on air is because there's hardly anyone phoning in these days or because the presenters just prefer chatting amongst themselves ? Probably a bit of both but the whole tone suggests more of the latter to me I'm afraid.

Harty sometimes got on my nerves but he often made me smile too, and I've largely got him to thank for getting me into the Albion. His passion for the club he clearly loves shone through every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here