Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Fans phone in, has it passed it's sell by date?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You all hide behind your keyboards bitching about the phone-in but 99% of you don't call. How can you blame anyone but yourselves? It shouldn't be about the presenters - it's about you.

Spot on.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
You all hide behind your keyboards bitching about the phone-in but 99% of you don't call. How can you blame anyone but yourselves? It shouldn't be about the presenters - it's about you.

Yup, spot on there.

I listen after every match, I value Johnny Byrne's input and of course wait for Gus's comments, which are always worth waiting for.

I think the current presenters do a good job, but without the callers ringing in and making some decent comments, the show will suffer, there is only so much filling they can do. My guess is that the numbers of callers in to the show has dropped, so they have needed to do stuff to fill the time.

I for one value the fans phone in tremendously, but don't call in because I'm usually driving back from the match.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Mar 10, 2006
Best idea is to start the phone in at 5.15/5.30. Most of our games don't finish till 4.55/5.00 so by the time you get out of the ground and to your car the people who weren't at the game and never go have hijacked the show with pointless and boring drivel. Once you get to your car and hear all of this bollocks the show has lost any momentum hence people turn off. To be honest they should only let people on who have been. That guy on Saturdy going on about Virgo and Kuipers etc was an embarrassement.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
.......That guy on Saturdy going on about Virgo and Kuipers etc was an embarrassement.

And you're at least the third person to have commented on him. This guy should have sparked any number of calls from those wanting to say something. Given a different approach from the radio team it would have done. Instead he was treated as a perfectly sensible caller and thanked for his contribution - he wasn't even put right about why Whing wasn't playing. There's no enthusiasm from them and it carries over to the listeners.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Me and you?

YouMe_collage.jpg

The reason that there are a lack of callers is that the show has almost hit rock bottom. Where have all the old brigade gone? Have Lord and Lady B had to sell their phones along with the family silver? Let's all phone in again liven the show up and see what happens

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
The reason that there are a lack of callers is that the show has almost hit rock bottom. Where have all the old brigade gone? Have Lord and Lady B had to sell their phones along with the family silver? Let's all phone in again liven the show up and see what happens

I certainly have neither sold my phone or the family silver although I am not at home right now and worried Lady B might have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here