Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA have finally gone mad,

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Because the differences are only aesthetic. It's important for society to train itself to remember that fact.

Racism is very much still a real thing and causes a great amount of suffering & inequality. Do you really think we should relax our fight against racism for the sake of a bit of "light hearted banter"?

Yes I do. Comedy and not taking our differences so seriously is one of the best ways of bringing people together.

All this clap-trap about everyone being the same is clearly bollocks, we are different and that should be celebrated rather then pretend otherwise.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What is the difference between a Catholic a Protestant and a Jew, apart from them all being stupid

I must be stupid too, I have no idea what that question is supposed to mean.

You didn't answer my question though - would you pass this "coin grabbing Jew" cartoon on to someone Jewish ?

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Is nobody allowed a sense of humour any more?

Terry Garoghan is hilarious and he takes the pi$$ out of just about every area of Brighton and its inhabitants.
Should Whitehawkers be taking Sir Terry to court ?

People need to lighten up and not be so "Poor me".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So out of interest, would anyone forward this cartoon on to Tony Bloom, or a Jewish person ?

My wife used to work for a company in Hove that was run by Jewish people. They told more Jewish jokes than you could shake a fist at and most of them were very funny. If I knew TB no I wouldn't send him that joke as it's not that funny but if I had seen or heard a funny one I IMAGINE he might like to hear it. Just guessing mind you.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
My wife used to work for a company in Hove that was run by Jewish people. They told more Jewish jokes than you could shake a fist at and most of them were very funny. If I knew TB no I wouldn't send him that joke as it's not that funny but if I had seen or heard a funny one I IMAGINE he might like to hear it. Just guessing mind you.

But as I don't know him I wouldn't forward any jokes or cartoons to TB

Are Jewish jokes racist or religious ?

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are Jewish jokes racist or religios ?

They both come under the TABOO for jokes in the 21st Century so it doesn't really matter. The PC police will pick you up on either.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I weigh in with those who say that M B is getting a raw deal on this one.. If a less controversial player had re tweeted that cartoon, would anybody have cared?

IMHO ..there is little wrong with it. The first line was "Don't be a racist, be like Mario" (the Nintendo character )

I really wonder if they want MB to go back home ASAP...?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
More like the FA taking a sledgehammer to crack a NUT. If would be good if the FA were as picky about things like football problems.

I agree, but it's their gig, their rules. I'm sure every footballer has been told the rules.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I have many jewish friends who tell the most offensive jewish jokes you could imagine as well as some very islamaphobic ones too, i have many black friends and associates who tell me and email me stuff that if said by a white person would make Balotellis super mario post look like the most harmless cartoon ever. Do i laugh at it? Yes i do, does that make me a racist? I dont know because it leaves me very confused, am i then alllowed to tell or forward it on to any of my non jewish white friends? Ive come to the conclusion that im not racist but can happily laugh at a joke relating to persons race, colour of skin or religion in certain circumstances and i suspect a great many other people on here of every race and religion do too despite their protestations when typing their responses! The problem is when you exhibit any predjudice to any other section of society and i don't think laughing at a picture or joke is really exhibiting prejudice it may be distasteful or offensive but it doesnt automatically make you a racist.

The thing with comedy is that it relies heavily on peoples differences to get a laugh and most areas are not off limits so i dont see why race, colour or religion should be either, i see many black american comedians using material aimed at white people, how they cant dance, have small dicks and cant satisfy a women, are crap sportsmen etc etc but dont see many white american comedians risking the wrath of the race police by turning that comedy round on black people, why not? I have no idea as i struggle to comprehend the whole race issue in the US as it seems littered with contradictions and inconsistencies.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be so stupid.
By definition you can't be racist against your own creed.

Who made up that rule?
I think TonyW just made it up. Do you think you could run a company in this country and refuse to employ black people, and get away with it because you are black? I don't think so.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Do i laugh at it? Yes i do, does that make me a racist?
Not IMO. If Bernard Manning tells a racist joke, I'm unlikely to laugh because I suspect he believes the point behind the joke, and I'm too dumbfounded at his ignorance to laugh. If I thought the person telling me the joke wasn't racist and didn't actually believe what they were saying, there's a fair chance I'll laugh (either because it's funny or shocking etc).

i see many black american comedians using material aimed at white people, how they cant dance, have small dicks and cant satisfy a women, are crap sportsmen etc etc but dont see many white american comedians risking the wrath of the race police by turning that comedy round on black people, why not? I have no idea as i struggle to comprehend the whole race issue in the US as it seems littered with contradictions and inconsistencies.
Because there is a lot of inequality in the US between Black and White people. Telling racist jokes against an ethnic group that is already subject to a lot of racism in the country is not going to go down so well as jokes against people who don't suffer from racist abuse.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I weigh in with those who say that M B is getting a raw deal on this one.. If a less controversial player had re tweeted that cartoon, would anybody have cared?

IMHO ..there is little wrong with it. The first line was "Don't be a racist, be like Mario" (the Nintendo character )

I really wonder if they want MB to go back home ASAP...?

as pointed out now (a couple of times) that was the original sense of the meme. The black man/jew bit was added by someone else, for racist comedic effect. There is no other sense to that part of the image. It's a joke based on racial stereotypes.

Balotelli is a dope for posting it, the FA really don't have any other option but to give him a slap on the wrist (not calling him racist clearly), but now we have another 'well you can't say anything anymore' story for people to bang on about, and the laughable sight of people arguing that 'well, to be fair, in business Jewish people do do rather well so hey what's wrong with saying grabbing coins like a Jew.'

It's political incorrectness gone mad.

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
They both come under the TABOO for jokes in the 21st Century so it doesn't really matter. The PC police will pick you up on either.

Sadly in this day and age jokes are frowned upon if you mention, colour, race, sex, religion or any so called minority. The only acceptable jokes permitted seem to be about the Royal family, the Christian church or see how much offensive language you can use, then funny or not the assembled idiots role around laughing.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
That would depend on whether he or they had a sense of humour or took things slightly too seriously. Seeing as it's been doing the rounds for quite a while I'm pretty sure a Jewish person (or a Mexican, Italian or whoever) or two has seen it and probably reposted it.

No it hasn't. The 'black man' & 'jew' comments have recently been added (at the bottom, in smaller, similar colour type) to the original, anti-racist meme. Which has.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here