Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA have finally gone mad,

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The only difference between the races are superficial, the differences in appearances..

Did you know that's actually not true. Black people and white people are slightly different biologically....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ballotelli obviously isn't racist, he's just a bit thick. Retweeting something that carries the phrase "grabs coins like a Jew" though - is that supposed to be banter ? "Money-grabbing Jews" is a negative stereotype against a race of people who have been persecuted throughout the ages for that exact perception of them as a race. And cartoons like this just perpetuate it.

For those who see this cartoon as a bit of harmless banter and fun, answer me this - would you forward it in an email to, say, Tony Bloom ?

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's using potentially racist terms that could offend any black or Jewish person. It doesn't matter about the context, it's unacceptable to use that kind of language, particularly as a role model.

It's not racist, it is at worst racial stereo-typing. A different thing. The danger here is that the ugliness of racist attitudes is being shrouded by this concentration of efforts to ensure a certain form of propriety in society's communication, especially where racial and minority issues are concerned.

I believe that certain media publications are racist, there may be people on NSC who are racist. But they use clever words, so go unchallenged. Yet Balotelli makes a stereo-typing generalisation and is called racist ?

My signature below is there for a reason.

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Does that mean we should ban the film 'White Men Can't Jump' as that's potentially racist? I've never know a black person complain about, as a race, they are athletically superior than other.

Maybe there is a point on the Jewish side, for those that don't know his mother is Jewish.
Not great swimmers ..

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Ballotelli obviously isn't racist, he's just a bit thick. Retweeting something that carries the phrase "grabs coins like a Jew" though - is that supposed to be banter ? "Money-grabbing Jews" is a negative stereotype against a race of people who have been persecuted throughout the ages for that exact perception of them as a race. And cartoons like this just perpetuate it.

For those who see this cartoon as a bit of harmless banter and fun, answer me this - would you forward it in an email to, say, Tony Bloom ?

Well, he is rich?

I joke of course. This thread is depressing, and sadly very typical of NSC and attitudes these days.

Is Balotelli racist? Of course he isn't. Is he stupid for tweeting that picture. Of course he is. The jumps like a black man bit, a bit stereotypical, could put a positive slant on it though. However...

Grabs coins like a jew?

I know people are falling over themselves to show how un-PC they are these days, but that line isn't on. Is it?

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
This is crap. If you focus on things like this which clearly was not meant to offend, it gives real Racists ammunition to say pc gone mad blah blah blah. The context is black men are athletically superior to other races when jumping which is true. It also says jewish people are good with money and successful in business, again true. It just happens that it sounds worse because of the shortened form. I have worked for an Israeli company and found they were savvy with their money, and have never been able to dunk a basketball. Hopefully I am not being racist!

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If you think this is bad then take a look across the pond to what is happening in America. All over the news in the US are headlines are screaming about a police officer shooting an unarmed man and another case where another police officer restrained another man around his neck and who subsequently died. All very tragic and distressing but made even worse by the US media inserting the words 'white' and 'black' into the headlines where as far as i can tell the colours of the persons involved had no direct connection to the actual incidents that occurred.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
He didn't 'write' anything.
He retweeted a SuperMario (geddit) anti-racist meme that's been doing the rounds for ages (but has recently been altered).

It says, 'Don't be racist, be like Mario - He's an Italian plumber, created by Japanese people, who speaks English & looks like a Mexican'.
It's on a purple background & someone has later photoshopped underneath, in lighter purple letters '... jumps like a black man & grabs coins like a jew'.

and that someone photoshopped the extra bit as a joke, a racist joke. Clearly.

He's retweeting a racist joke. Of course he has to face up to some kind of penalty.

not sure what some people on this thread are on about.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Mario Balotelli charged with racisim for posting an instagram that included the words "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew"

He's black, and his Mum is Jewish.

All members of the FA hierarchy please resign today.

Ever heard of Nintendo you old idiots.

I dunno, I hear what you're saying but actually I'm quite pleased. There is an old-fashioned school of thought (which admittedly only the willfully ignorant cling to these days) that says that black people "can't be racist" as they always have been and always will be the victims. This archaic view states that the world is divided into whites and non-whites and racism is always a simple one-way street.

No matter how pathetic this charge it is refreshing to see a black person charged with racism, albeit for stupid reasons. I shall be watching this thread closely and if anybody says that white people can't dance I shall go screaming for a policeman.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't know what all the fuss is about - they haven't accused Balotelli of racism or even of making a racist comment - they have simply accused him of breaching two of their rules - for those who haven't read those rules here is their text:-

3 (1) A Participant shall at all times act in the best interests of the game and shall not
act in any manner which is improper or brings the game into disrepute or use any
one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive,
indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

(2) A breach of Rule E3(1) is an “Aggravated Breach” where it includes a reference,
whether express or implied, to any one or more of the following :- ethnic origin,
colour, race, nationality, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, sexual
orientation or disability.

So I suppose the questions that have to be asked is whether or not the tweet that MB posted was in the best of interest of the game and/or if not did it include any reference to skin colour or ethnicity.

Given the level of comments on the Tweet it is difficult to argue that it was made in the 'best interests' of the game and it certainly contained both reference to colour and ethnicity.

Arguments as to whether or not Mario Balotelli was acting in a racist manner or whether or not the Tweet could be construed in that manner are irrelevant. He broke the rules of the FA and that is what he has been accused of - all the rest is just waffle.

This, in a nutshell. Forget the 'racist' element. He broke the rules.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The only difference between the races are superficial, the differences in appearances. Do you not have foreign friends, do you not appreciate how similar you are and how your race or nationality in no way defines you?

Everyone is different, regardless of race and nationality - there is no point grouping people like that, anymore than there is point in grouping those who are lactose intolerant - it's completely irrelevant.

Haha, 'lactose intolerant' That is so so Brighton! Only an Albion fan could bring the term 'lactose intolerent' into a debate on racism, marvellous work there muzzy! Other terms i'm hoping to see include - 'The Greens', 'gluten free', 'coeliac disease', 'ADHD' & of course 'travellers'.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Its rich for the inept, loss making, casual, nepotistic and out of touch FA to make such a decision. Takes them months to investigate an issue involving their own, which result sin a fudge, but Balotelli is an easy target, the 'bette noir' ( am I allowed to say this). The FA puffs its chest out, gains plaudits from minority groups whilst in itself is clearly a male chauvinistic group that has a poor track record on homophobic behaviour in our game. Bully boy FA.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Personally don't see anything wrong in in his post and don't think he should have even been warned about it let alone charged.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This, in a nutshell. Forget the 'racist' element. He broke the rules.

More like the FA taking a sledgehammer to crack a NUT. If would be good if the FA were as picky about things like football problems.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
That's bollocks. I can remember watching N....... Minstrel shows. That's a fact, and that's what they were billed as. As well as listening to my Auntie's records of Charlie Kunz and his Chocolate Covered Coons (they weren't that hot, to be honest). I'm saying that with no intent to offend anybody - it's just the way things were in the 1950's. That was then - we are now in now, and have moved on.

What is stupid is that if I'd typed in the remaining five letters of the 'N' word, I'd have probably been banned, even though I was only stating a historical fact, and would never dream of calling anybody that.

I can see in 20 years time, the ruthless march of PC will have progressed to the extent that little kids will be asking, "Mummy, why can't we use the 'N' word any more? What was so wrong about calling Crystal Palace supporters 'Nigels'?

I'm really not sure how your reply actually relates to my comment.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Mario Balotelli charged with racisim for posting an instagram that included the words "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew"

He's black, and his Mum is Jewish.

All members of the FA hierarchy please resign today.

Ever heard of Nintendo you old idiots.

Who decided that Jews were a different race to the rest of us other than that guy from the past called Hitler , i thought that they just had a different view on the control through fear called religion

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So out of interest, would anyone forward this cartoon on to Tony Bloom, or a Jewish person ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
So out of interest, would anyone forward this cartoon on to Tony Bloom, or a Jewish person ?

That would depend on whether he or they had a sense of humour or took things slightly too seriously. Seeing as it's been doing the rounds for quite a while I'm pretty sure a Jewish person (or a Mexican, Italian or whoever) or two has seen it and probably reposted it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That would depend on whether he or they had a sense of humour or took things slightly too seriously. Seeing as it's been doing the rounds for quite a while I'm pretty sure a Jewish person (or a Mexican, Italian or whoever) or two has seen it and probably reposted it.

OK, so they'd have to regard themself being defined as a "money grabbing Jew" as something quite amusing then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here