Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FA have finally gone mad,

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Mario Balotelli charged with racisim for posting an instagram that included the words "jumps like a black man and grabs coins like a Jew"

He's black, and his Mum is Jewish.

All members of the FA hierarchy please resign today.

Ever heard of Nintendo you old idiots.

So if a player says "Jumps like a white man" Is he also being a racist ???

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think another aspect worth considering here is that pro sportspeople are always pushing boundaries regarding trying to bend or circumvent rules to gain an advantage to win in their chosen sport, and as such, might think the same mindset can be used on social media, along the lines of, 'I'll have a little chivvy along here, then delete it and see what happens...', then have a little chuckle to themselves ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Don't be so stupid.
By definition you can't be racist against your own creed.
Are you on the FA committee?

During the recent blitz of Gaza by the Israelis, Alexi Sayle was arguing with an Iraeli Government apologist, and she accused him of being anti-semetic, and a closet nazi because he didn't condon their actions.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
He's used two racist stereotypes in one sentence, the FA is absolutely right to charge him for it.

Not really sure why you think that is a poor decision to be honest.

So how do you feel about black people using the n word then?

Spun Cuppa

What a load of tosh you are looking for racism when there is none. The guy is talking about himself for Christ's sake.

It may be the 21st century but I don't need advise from a bleeding heart looking for things that aren't even there, but thanks anyway.

Quite simply, they are not allowed to mention race, religion, sexuality, disability etc. It is part of the FA laws. It's not about degree or context, it is simply a 'don't do it' issue. It really is that simple, yes?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Quite simply, they are not allowed to mention race, religion, sexuality, disability etc. It is part of the FA laws. It's not about degree or context, it is simply a 'don't do it' issue. It really is that simple, yes?

This.

Most companies would quite rightly have (at the very least) a word with an employee if he/she were to make a similar joke publicly.

Spun Cuppa

When I am referred to as a "Fat whitey" should I be offended?

It's up to you whether you get offended or not. If you are called it at work, by an employee of a company when going about your daily business, in the press etc., I should imagine you have recourse to complain and/or litigate aganst the perpertrator/company. Is there a crime of racially aggravated verbal assault? There should be :thumbsup:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
He's used two racist stereotypes in one sentence, the FA is absolutely right to charge him for it.

Not really sure why you think that is a poor decision to be honest.

Mustafa, I generally agree with you on this sort of stuff but, to reiterate...

He didn't 'write' anything at all.

He retweeted a 'SuperMario' (geddit) ANTI-racist meme that I've seen doing the rounds for ages (but has recently been altered).

It says, 'Don't be racist, be like Mario - He's an Italian plumber, created by Japanese people, who speaks English & looks like a Mexican'.
But it's on a purple background & someone has later photoshopped underneath, in lighter purple letters '... jumps like a black man & grabs coins like a jew'.

I'm aware Mario's not the sharpest tool in the box but this isn't someone shooting their mouth off without thinking, he's just retweeted something he liked & taken it down pretty rapidly.
To be lumping him in with twatty Whelan & scumbag Malky, as David Baddiel is doing is bizarre - there is a definite difference of intent, surely? Not to mention his background, colour & the original, Anti-racist intent of the meme

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Jumping like a black man carries positive connotations, grabs coins like a jew, less so.

Southwest Seagull

Jul 3, 2013
What a joke.

It starts with 'Don't be racist' and begins to stereotype himself...

I think some discretion needs to be exercised around perceived racism.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
It's up to you whether you get offended or not. If you are called it at work, by an employee of a company when going about your daily business, in the press etc., I should imagine you have recourse to complain and/or litigate aganst the perpertrator/company. Is there a crime of racially aggravated verbal assault? There should be :thumbsup:

It usualy happens to me on the beach.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What about the movie, 'White men can't jump'?
Is that now considered un pc/racist???
Interesting.....

I think you'll find any comments about white men are just fine and dandy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here