Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Denver killer is clearly a very very sick young Man.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hundreds of logical questions have been asked and ignored. What's the point?

I looked back through the conversation a little and didn't see any logical questions.

Something like this for example:
Simster said:
Yes it really is INSANE reasoning to assume the dollar is going to survive another whole decade, when it has only managed about 40 decades of existence so far.

Could be put like this:
The dollar has survived 40 years, why do you think it will not survive another decade?

Turning it, from a sarcastic insult, into a logical question.

There are logical questions, but they are not really being asked from what I can tell.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I looked back through the conversation a little and didn't see any logical questions.

Something like this for example:

Could be put like this:

Turning it, from a sarcastic insult, into a logical question.

There are logical questions, but they are not really being asked from what I can tell.

Then you clearly haven't followed any of Brunswick's previous delusions.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
"The reality unknown to the public and to most members of Congress and the press is that secrets that would be of the greatest import to many of them can be kept from them reliably for decades by the executive branch, even though they are known to thousands of insiders." - Daniel Ellsberg - Pentagon Papers whistleblower

Not sure why you posted that? My view of governments and agencies is more Armado Ianucchi or Joseph Heller type farces of bureaucratic incompetence, corruption, and deceit. To me, someone like Daniel Ellsberg is mostly stating the blatantly obvious with regard to what the public is presented with, and what actually is going on.

For example, his quote "The public is lied to every day by the President, by his spokespeople, by his officers. If you can't handle the thought that the President lies to the public for all kinds of reasons, you couldn’t stay in the government at that level, or you’re made aware of it, a week. ... The fact is Presidents rarely say the whole truth—essentially, never say the whole truth—of what they expect and what they’re doing and what they believe and why they’re doing it and rarely refrain from lying, actually, about these matters." if made to the British people about their Prime Minister, I would imagine most of us would reply, "yes, tell us something we don't know".

Most of the lies however, cover up the fact that governments have far less power and influence than they'd like us to believe, in my humble opinion. They cover up poor decisions based on ill researched intelligence, false leads and mistaken conclusions. The conspiracists look for control at every avenue, as if chaos and anarchy can't exist unless a government allows it to. They almost look at each situation and discount the most plausible, because it is plausible. It's almost like Sherlock Holmes in reverse. In 'Sign of the Four', Holmes (now a conspiracist) would turn to Watson and say "when you have eliminated the possible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?".

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Dingodan, please,please,please,please stop this piffle. This way madness lies.

So, in your view there is no effort to shape public opinion for political purposes using the media?

We are no where near conspiracy theory here. We are firmly in the realm of media and political communication. Calling someone mad is not making a logical argument.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Could be put like this:
Yes, it could. But I wouldn't get a rational response. Instead I'd get a load of cut and pasted drivel and a bullshit youtube video with the words "this is interesting" just underneath.

People like you and brunswick don't really want to see the plain and simple truth, you'd rather labour under the delusion that all your "research" (or what the rest of us call "scaremongering and baseless worrying") has been in some way worthwhile. The dollar will be around in 15 years time, it really is that simple.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i'm sure symbology might have made sence in a world of 200 years ago or more, today i cant see why you wouldnt just send an email.

symbolism is pretty much how the human sub conscious works, look into marketing to see how much they put into hidden symbolism. to disregard symbols is to shut off so much.

There is time enough to think of all of you and I always have time to indulge in a little Brunswick nonsense. Oh and all that "reserach" on mind control? You've wasted your entire life.

well, your the one sitting at a desk, and waiting for "breaks" - seems silly to tell me i am wasting my life....lol.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So, in your view there is no effort to shape public opinion for political purposes using the media?

We are no where near conspiracy theory here. We are firmly in the realm of media and political communication. Calling someone mad is not making a logical argument.

I have maintained all along that governments will use underhand tactics to sway opinion their way, one only has to delve slightly into politics to recognise that. that is, as you point out, not deep conspiracy. However, what is utter lunacy is the idea that mind controllers controlled a man to shoot people or that the US government want to dis-arm their citizens as some final step towards a NWO. One thing you nutters always fail to understand is that the governments and corporations already do what they want anyway, they have control. They rarely even try to cover it up. In fact it's idiots like Brunswick that distract from well meaning people who try and disclose government corruption.

My theory? Conspracy theorists are too chicken shit to go and make it in the world and so dream upi a labyrinthian web of conspiracy explaining to try and excuse the fact they are suck f***-ups. But again, it's just a theory.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I think every single person on NSC would acknowledge that the media can be manipulated to some extent. What we don't THEN do is believe every bit of utterly unfounded SHIT we find on YouTube.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In this country, if you were paying attention afew years ago, a massive political push for greater stop and search powers by the police was parallelled with a media narrative greatly emphasizing the risk of knife crime, there was a week when it seemed like there was a knife crime epidemic. There wasn't of course, but it shaped public opinion and that was it's purpose.

I sort of agree with this, but from the other end. You seem to be suggesting that the government instigate the press coverage of knife crime, perhaps even encourage the actual acts with less policing or what have you, so that their complex strategy is that they can implement further infringements on our personal freedoms.

I actually think that governments are like a cricket captain who decides to have only 1 slip, and when an edge goes through 2nd slip, he moves a fielder there. He moved that midfielder from deep mid-wicket where the batsman has just skied another catch to, so the captain moves 3rd man over there....and so on.

The media build on stories, knife crime, dangerous dogs, transport, drunk drivers. They feed a desire of the public to read certain stories until they are fed up with it. Governments and politicians shit themselves that public opinion is going in a certain direction and that they will appear incompetent so they react like the cricket captain, sticking some legislation in where the catch was just dropped.

Perhaps you are right and the incompetence is just a smoke screen for an incredibly sophisticated, successful political machine, or in actual fact it is just incompetence and reactionary politics.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
My theory? Conspracy theorists are too chicken shit to go and make it in the world and so dream upi a labyrinthian web of conspiracy explaining to try and excuse the fact they are suck f***-ups. But again, it's just a theory.

and what is your version of "making it in the world" - i am very interested.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
symbolism is pretty much how the human sub conscious works, look into marketing to see how much they put into hidden symbolism. to disregard symbols is to shut off so much.

well, your the one sitting at a desk, and waiting for "breaks" - seems silly to tell me i am wasting my life....lol.

I'm not waiting for breaks, I'm working for myself. It helps to break and distract myself then go back to it afresh. And my "desk" happens to be a table on the sun terrace. And very nice it is too ;-)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
and what is your version of "making it in the world" - i am very interested.

It's different for all sorts of people. I doubt you would understand and I doubt you are the slightest bit interested.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
To be fair, it is quite plausible. I have never actually come across a successful nutter, and you can bet Dingle Dan or Cringe-wick don't hold down well paid or rewarding jobs.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a difference of opinions and views on a world event and people start accusing people of not being able to hold jobs down or making their way in the world, now that, is complete madness. get a grip people and stay on topic. insults and making out you lead a "better" life is a very bad sign.....if you don't like what is being said by someone, click ignore or don't go in the thread.

unreal.

a "well paid job" being ones goal, desire and status is ludicrous. how about "how one helps others and the planet?"

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
a difference of opinions and views on a world event and people start accusing people of not being able to hold jobs down or making their way in the world, now that, is complete madness. get a grip people and stay on topic. insults and making out you lead a "better" life is a very bad sign.....if you don't like what is being said by someone, click ignore or don't go in the thread.

unreal.

It's not meant as an insult. I genuinely have never met a conspiracy theorist who wasn't suffering from arrested development in some way, socially, academically, intelectually....I genuinely believe that conspiracy theories are used as a crux and to fill a gap in developement or acheivement. You have never satisfactoraly answered a question on here, you evidently spend way too much time "researching" hokum and I beleiev you are socially retarded. Yes, we should all have a healthy level of cynicism but when it spills over into being deluded it's time to take stock. Of course we could ignore you, but as you conspiracy theorists say, that's how they get away with it...

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Yes, it could. But I wouldn't get a rational response. Instead I'd get a load of cut and pasted drivel and a bullshit youtube video with the words "this is interesting" just underneath.

People like you and brunswick don't really want to see the plain and simple truth, you'd rather labour under the delusion that all your "research" (or what the rest of us call "scaremongering and baseless worrying") has been in some way worthwhile. The dollar will be around in 15 years time, it really is that simple.

You seem confident. Try to be more humble.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

unreal.

a "well paid job" being ones goal, desire and status is ludicrous. how about "how one helps others and the planet?"

The difficulty with you and [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION], is that you do get so many replies to your 'views', that it conveniently enables you to both skip and jump actual relevant arguments, and choose ones which suit you ends for a response. Why don't you choose to click ignore on the posts that offend you, and concentrate your responses when people do actually make relevant logical points.

Now [MENTION=18559]dingodan[/MENTION] would respond (as per post no.261) "if someone made a logical point I would". Now that is arrogance, if not being slightly deluded.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

If they put it in marketing / adverts etc... it's not exactly hidden, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here