Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Denver killer is clearly a very very sick young Man.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Denver killer is clearly a very very sick young Man.

There are no winners here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am sure the concensus will be " f*** him " " hang him high " but I am not convinced it really acheives a lot at the end of the day. I find it tragic and horrendous the actions he took but also tragic that society and what happened to him made him do it. No one is born evil imo and life's events dictate actions. Fortunately only a tiny fraction of people take out their frustrations in the manner he did but it is obvious he is very ill. So the question is, if someone is very very ill and does what he did, what does society do ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What's made you suddenly jump to this conclusion, have you been stuck in a cave for the past couple of days?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sadly society created the monster. How it proposes to deal with it may well be part of the problem.

Call me a reactionary old fool but I worry about shoot 'em up computer games where reality and fantasy merge. Any right thinking person understands that you don't get shot and blown apart and just get up and go again but as learning disabilities become more and more common clearly not everyone is right thinking.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is very intelligent which seems to be a trend with these mass killers. He is convinced he is Heath Ledger from the last Batman film. Any sensible contributions ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Sadly society created the monster. How it proposes to deal with it may well be part of the problem.

Call me a reactionary old fool but I worry about shoot 'em up computer games where reality and fantasy merge. Any right thinking person understands that you don't get shot and blown apart and just get up and go again but as learning disabilities become more and more common clearly not everyone is right thinking.

Or just dont make guns easily available to people! But this was obviously computer games fault!!!!!!

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I am sure the concensus will be " f*** him " " hang him high " but I am not convinced it really acheives a lot at the end of the day. I find it tragic and horrendous the actions he took but also tragic that society and what happened to him made him do it. No one is born evil imo and life's events dictate actions. Fortunately only a tiny fraction of people take out their frustrations in the manner he did but it is obvious he is very ill. So the question is, if someone is very very ill and does what he did, what does society do ?

Some people are born with a far higher propensity for 'evil' (not a great word) than your average Joe; I'm no psychologist but until we work out how to get to them before they at some point commit awfulness, awful things will continue to happen.

I think that we've got it about right - regular prison is pointless, but secure mental hospitals at least give us the reassurance that the patients are being held in an appropriate environment.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Or just dont make guns easily available to people! But this was obviously computer games fault!!!!!!

The cinema chain has announced it will no longer allow costumed face-masks and fake guns into its screenings. Which is the only reaction one could have possibly expected. Bring the government around a table and discuss the entire issue of weapons/US society? Don't be silly.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Keep the killings coming I say Uncs. The more the merrier - only then will America look at it's f***ing stupid 'The right to bear arms' stance. (and maybe stop selling violent films like Munich in it's video stores)

Land of the free and home of the gunned down outside the movie theatre/high school/convenience store.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Keep the killings coming I say Uncs. The more the merrier - only then will America look at it's f***ing stupid 'The right to bear arms' stance. (and maybe stop selling violent films like Munich in it's video stores)

Land of the free and home of the gunned down outside the movie theatre/high school/convenience store.

Isn't Munich just a bit dull, or are you having an anti-Spielberg moment? :)

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I don't believe any amount of treatment or 'help' will turn this person into an upstanding and normal member of society.
Lethal injection is probably the best and most economic option for the tax payer, albeit an escape too quick and painless for this man.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Er what ? I would think the torture films like Hostel and the like may be worse myself.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here