Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Denver killer is clearly a very very sick young Man.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
All I know is that banning guns will not reduce gun crime. Because that is what the evidence shows.

well the simple facts of the matter are that had there been stricter gun control, this chap in america couldnt have easily obtained the arsenal of weaponry he did and carry out the random attack he committed. he was not a ciminal who could have obtained these weapons through the underground, he was an ordinary, if deranged, young man. comically i read that gun sales are up as people seek to "protect" themselves, as if having a Smith&Wesson in your jacket would have helped when someone with an automatic rifle just opened up in a darken cinema. (probably end up injuring another bystander)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
well the simple facts of the matter are that had there been stricter gun control, this chap in america couldnt have easily obtained the arsenal of weaponry he did and carry out the random attack he committed. he was not a ciminal who could have obtained these weapons through the underground, he was an ordinary, if deranged, young man. comically i read that gun sales are up as people seek to "protect" themselves, as if having a Smith&Wesson in your jacket would have helped when someone with an automatic rifle just opened up in a darken cinema. (probably end up injuring another bystander)

Yeh, f*** the evidence. You know best.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Today Dingo Dan is brought to you my Glock, Smith and Weeson and The National Rifle Association of America.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Today Dingo Dan is brought to you my Glock, Smith and Weeson and The National Rifle Association of America.

This is a very childish post.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Yeh, f*** the evidence. You know best.

not at all, i have just refocused back to the matter in hand. I've realised you've dragged this issue on to territory where you feel you can make your point, using broader definitions and rehersed ideological arguments. the matter in hand is a single individual case. all the statistics in the world do not detract from the picture ive just painted about this one incident, and that it would have been preventable given stricter laws (i note you dont refute this). of course many other incidents would not, but how many more fall into this catagory? are they worth it? really?

USA 10.27 (unintentional death rate 0.23)
UK 0.46 (0.01)
Germany 1.57 (0.04)
People in Switzerland are required by law to own and know how to use a firearm- 0.58 for homicide with a firearm

(taken from List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Well homicides is actually 4.4 not 10.27 (5.71 being suicide and the rest accidents), the U.S. being 17th highest in respect of homicide deaths with a firearm.

well thats what you do with evidence, ignore the context and background. 10 firearms related death per 100 is 10 deaths due to firearms, regardles of how the local law enforement have catorgorised the legal definiation of those deaths. the "unintentional" number is significant in understanding. Swiss hold their weapons as mandatory army reservists, and i wonder if other reservists with access to weapons are simlarly restrained in unlawfull use. (good case for conscription or national service? another binfest)

Last edited:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
not at all, i have just refocused back to the matter in hand. I've realised you've dragged this issue on to territory where you feel you can make your point, using broader definitions and rehersed ideological arguments.

f*** off mate.

I gave you facts, don't like them? I could not give a f***.

and that it would have been preventable given stricter laws (i note you dont refute this).

I will concede that stricter laws may have prevented this incident, it's not what the evidence suggests, but it's possible. But you would also need to concede that less strict laws, may also have prevented it.

the matter in hand is a single individual case. all the statistics in the world do not detract from the picture ive just painted about this one incident

Hard cases make bad law - legal maxim

Hard cases make bad law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Canadians have as many guns as the Americans but a quarter of the murder rate per capita.
We might be going too deep with all this. It might be that Americans are just mental.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I gave you facts, don't like them?

no, someone else gave you facts, you re-quote with misdirection.

you would also need to concede that less strict laws, may also have prevented it.

in this instance, not really. this occured in one more liberal states on gun law, with no permits required for to purchase hand guns and rifles, and fairly low bar to conceled carry. apparently no one in the audience was equiped or ready to respond and as i point out would probably be in no position to do so in the circumstances. really, this incident proves both liberal gun ownership is dangeous and that the arguments of self defence are weak. im sure that there are instances where members of the public could engage in a shoot out with a ne'er-do-well bent on crime, foiling their plans. mostly in movies.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So the change in gun laws do not affect crime rates? Same appears to be true in Australia after gun were bought back.

But: There have been no gun massacres in Australia since the buy back. The SMH have different stats to those in the above report about gun deaths and suicides and i have not checked the reference.

As my earlier post (not the childish one) suggested that tighter gun laws do help with this kind of crime, which in Australia certainly seems to be the case.

We've had no gun massacres since 1996, compared with 13 such tragedies during the previous 18 years. (A massacre is defined as the killing of four or more people.) Total gun deaths have been reduced: gun homicides and gun suicides had been falling gradually before Port Arthur, but the reforms in 1996 caused that decline to accelerate dramatically. In the early 1990s, about 600 Australians were dying each year by gunfire; that figure is now fewer than 250.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/slow-erosion-of-gun-laws-presages-another-tragedy-20110427-1dwmx.html#ixzz21aApWh00

As for America, well maybe they need to look at their gun culture and see what needs changing......because i think we would all agree that something does.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Canadians have as many guns as the Americans but a quarter of the murder rate per capita.
We might be going too deep with all this. It might be that Americans are just mental.

an interesting point, though i understand that the Candians tend to own rifles rather than handguns. we must not discount the possiblity that it is Americans are just mental.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
ahh, back from my ban.......(been training with the reserves and got fined too)....

lets steer this back on topic....

....ok, this guy worked in nueroscience, and for those that have studied MKULTRA (declassified), then they will see this has all the hallmarks of another mind control victim - and on the back of this Obama will stop guns being used in america. drumroll....problem, reaction, solution.

I think the right to defend ones land is ones right, and up to each individual......especialy in the usa as their economy is 1trillion in the red and about to collapse (or has already collapsed and being hidden very well).

391466_420037218041922_1315276300_n+(1).jpg

391250_369561843110864_516568692_n.jpg

and so do you really think this looks like an evil mirderer? he looks to me like he doesnt know what the hell is going on....completely vacant and bewildered.....like he has had a few days missing from his life.

376737_10151040714944411_1532550348_n.jpg

Colorado shooting: James Holmes appears groggy and confused in court - Telegraph

//** i mean, who would dye their hair ginger unless under some form of mind control?

This is my first post since my 3 week ban (for reasons which have yet to be presented to me). I am starting to think NSC posting has to be aligned to normal in the box thinking delivered by the MSM.

if me thinking the london bombings was a false flag event - and if using a relevant thread to express this is enough to ban me, then some mods have slipped into some very murky waters.

it seems we might as well not debate, we might as well just post links from the bbc and skynews......then what next? rations of bread to posters?

maybe the mods should clearly list somewhere a list of views that will intice a ban, as it seems alternate minority views, and not personal insults, are punishable on this board.

saying that mods, i will be as careful and considerate as i can with all future posts.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
saying that mods, i will be as careful and considerate as i can with all future posts.

Just out of curiosity, are any of these future posts likely to be about football or the Albion, or will you be staying solely on the conspiracy stuff?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
ahh, back from my ban.......(been training with the reserves and got fined too)....

lets steer this back on topic....

....ok, this guy worked in nueroscience, and for those that have studied MKULTRA (declassified), then they will see this has all the hallmarks of another mind control victim - and on the back of this Obama will stop guns being used in america. drumroll....problem, reaction, solution.

I think the right to defend ones land is ones right, and up to each individual......especialy in the usa as their economy is 1trillion in the red and about to collapse (or has already collapsed and being hidden very well).

391466_420037218041922_1315276300_n+(1).jpg

391250_369561843110864_516568692_n.jpg

and so do you really think this looks like an evil mirderer? he looks to me like he doesnt know what the hell is going on....completely vacant and bewildered.....like he has had a few days missing from his life.

376737_10151040714944411_1532550348_n.jpg

Colorado shooting: James Holmes appears groggy and confused in court - Telegraph

//** i mean, who would dye their hair ginger unless under some form of mind control?

This is my first post since my 3 week ban (for reasons which have yet to be presented to me). I am starting to think NSC posting has to be aligned to normal in the box thinking delivered by the MSM.

if me thinking the london bombings was a false flag event - and if using a relevant thread to express this is enough to ban me, then some mods have slipped into some very murky waters.

it seems we might as well not debate, we might as well just post links from the bbc and skynews......then what next? rations of bread to posters?

maybe the mods should clearly list somewhere a list of views that will intice a ban, as it seems alternate minority views, and not personal insults, are punishable on this board.

You have found a conspiracy on NSC how peculiar for you.

I am especially impressed by the way you steered the thread back on track and then massively drove it off again.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Here's a great conspiracy theory I just found, apparently this tragic shooting is paving the way to World War 3

"After being brain washed you have norecollection of what has happened. Look up government brain washing on theinternet. Many women were used as messengers from the U.S to other countries to send secret messages about Illuminati and New World Order plans back and forth. Many of the women were raped. It took years and years of deeppsychiatric help for these women to recall what has happened to them. I believe James Holmes is in the same place. The government got to him while he was in college and brain washed him causing him to drop out of college and do a downward spiral before the shooting. Get your guns while you can people because soon enough the government will take away your right to bare arms, then your right to free speech etc. then martial law. Brace yourself for the coming storm. Open your eyes."

-He was zoning in and out, looked like he had no idea what was happening in the past or present.

-He had access to tactical equipment worth around $20 000.

-He bombed up his house so well that they call it the first "bomb house" in U.S history.

-He was researching neuroscience, hes the perfect candidate for this."

-He was told to use batman as a scapegoat, someone also placed a batman mask in his apartment to help sell his delusion.

P.S I feel as though something big is going to happen at the Olympics this year. Like a terrorist attack and once this happens the pace for the New World Order will pick up. World War 3 may even start soon. The tension in the Middle East rises every day between Syria andIsrael and Iran and Turkey. Sides are being drawn and both sides forcivilians will not be good"

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Any one who is "convinced he is Heath Ledger from the last Batman film" seems to me to fail the basic Intelligence Test. Unless, of course, he is in fact Heath Ledger, which, on the basis of the evidence I have seen, is unlikely.

I'm not sure that it's anything to do with basic intelligence. He may well be a highly intelligent but disturbed/psychotic person.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I am sure the concensus will be " f*** him " " hang him high " but I am not convinced it really acheives a lot at the end of the day. I find it tragic and horrendous the actions he took but also tragic that society and what happened to him made him do it. No one is born evil imo and life's events dictate actions. Fortunately only a tiny fraction of people take out their frustrations in the manner he did but it is obvious he is very ill. So the question is, if someone is very very ill and does what he did, what does society do ?

Was Adolf Hitler evil or sick?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
i mean, who would dye their hair ginger unless under some form of mind control?

to be fair, thats a good point.

you could just not post conspiracy rubbish, theres plenty of other forums for it. this one certainly doesnt need monologues on posters martyrdom.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
What always makes me chuckle about [MENTION=2850]brunswick[/MENTION] conspiracy theories, is that they place great credit on the ability of the US government & it's agencies to carry out immensely complex and sophisticated operations, that deceive the world at large, and manipulate situations to their own end. The real implausibility of these claims is to imagine that these agencies and government have the competence, the coordination, and the intelligence to carry out even half of what they supposedly do. I suspect most of the US agencies would be to some degree flattered people consider that they are capable of undertaking such ambitious operations.

Of course, in the end, it makes people feel safe. Far better that a government ran a neurological programme that brainwashed a man to massacre a cinema full of people for political gain, than to imagine the true horror of an individual spontaneous act of destruction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here