Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] The Dail Mash take on Brighton the town

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Going back to the original post (for a change). I hate the Daily Mash. It really isn't even half as funny as it thinks it is. It often gets shared on social media with 'This is so true' type comments, and yet it almost always involves a observation type joke in the headline, and then a 500 word article that just repeats the joke. Time and time again I've clicked on a link thinking it looked like it could be funny. Disappointed every time. This Brighton one is a perfect example of that. Someone with a bit of wit could poke fun at the town easily. This is a poor attempt.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you werent born or at least brought up in a place, be it brighton or anywhere else then you cant claim to be a brightonian, londoner, or scouser or whatever , YOU certainly cant claim to be a brightonian, i'm afraid youre going to have to stick with whatever nondescript little provincial backwater you come from.

London. Born and bred. That nondescript little provincial backwater.

Have a good Christmas wherever you are.

N

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I think the biggest negative is the fact it's so damn expensive to live in these days. There's been a few posters on here who've had to move outside the city because of this, and a father posted some stuff about his son in such circumstances recently. This depresses me.

For this read most of the South East of England. Average price of a 2 bed flat about 10 times the average salary. A disgrace this has been allowed to develop, by politicians of all parties, and no easy way to rectify it. Easier to stoke a housing bubble to make people think they are wealthier instead of raising productivity

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
London. Born and bred. That nondescript little provincial backwater.

Have a good Christmas wherever you are.

N
No, youre not , you've put too much evidence on here in the past for anyone to believe that , youre a public school prick masquerading as somebody normal, you probably come from guildford or somewhere even more bland .,

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
No, youre not , you've put too much evidence on here in the past for anyone to believe that , youre a public school prick masquerading as somebody normal, you probably come from guildford or somewhere even more bland .,

It's somewhere different every time :) but I'm sure I haven't seen born and bred in London before. :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Going back to the original post (for a change). I hate the Daily Mash. It really isn't even half as funny as it thinks it is. It often gets shared on social media with 'This is so true' type comments, and yet it almost always involves a observation type joke in the headline, and then a 500 word article that just repeats the joke. Time and time again I've clicked on a link thinking it looked like it could be funny. Disappointed every time. This Brighton one is a perfect example of that. Someone with a bit of wit could poke fun at the town easily. This is a poor attempt.

It's not anywhere near as good as The Onion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For this read most of the South East of England. Average price of a 2 bed flat about 10 times the average salary. A disgrace this has been allowed to develop, by politicians of all parties, and no easy way to rectify it. Easier to stoke a housing bubble to make people think they are wealthier instead of raising productivity

Agree. I think housing is the biggest economic nonsense there is.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's somewhere different every time :) but I'm sure I haven't seen born and bred in London before. :)

Well he was definitely emigrating if the Tories got back in, definitely...then it changed to going traveling in November, then setting up a hostel to help out refugees....and now 3 days ago he has moved into Brighton.......so there you go.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

And you're normal? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Happy Christmas you sad little man.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
About right. Lived here 20 years and thinking it's time to move back to Worthing. I'm beginning to tire of the litter and general mess, the ever-crap council and the exponentisal increase in street-drinkers.

Well Worthing is now up and coming ;) and going thru its own regeneration! Having spent a bit of time in Hove recently I can see what you mean.

Also in PORTSLADE properties are now over the half a mill mark. Portslade!

Worlds gone mad. And sorry but to be Brightonian you have to have olace of birth: Brighton on your passport.

Thatll be me then :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
"The ruin of the North Laine"... you obviously didn't know the North Laine in the 70s/80s when it was depressingly run-down; poor quality greengrocers, junk shops and butchers selling what the abattoir threw in the skip. Many people have nostalgia for that period, but the fact remains that the North Laine has regenerated itself by becoming a destination place for people to shop and eat. And if there are too many cafes the bad ones will go to the wall.

Daves book exchange and red rat record rentals. Yeah I remember!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here