Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Cases in Brighton & Hove are going up like the rest of the country but out of 250 cases reported in the latest 7 days (up to 10th June) only 2 of those were in the over 60's age bracket so incredibly the other 248 cases were all younger than 60. Great Stat and great to keep being reassured vaccines are brilliant and they are working, especially if you have had both.

102 students at Sussex Uni are currently isolating due to a positive test, so are a big part of the jump in cases in B&H.

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/news/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-reporting

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I thought for new cases it was around 7k per day not 14k?

This is from the ZOE app which estimates number of cases in the country based on people inputting their symptoms in the app. Throughout the entire pandemic, the app has successfully given strong indications as to what is about to happen in the coming days.

Every time cases have either increased or decreased, we’ve seen a sign of it in the app about 4-5 days or so prior.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Umm...I might be being a bit thick here (no comment on that)..but looking at the positive cases in that article ...aren’t the majority of the 102 self isolating because of contact and only a small number actually a positive test?

Those charts are showing around 100 positive tests in the last couple of weeks ?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Umm...I might be being a bit thick here (no comment on that)..but looking at the positive cases in that article ...aren’t the majority of the 102 self isolating because of contact and only a small number actually a positive test?

It does say specifically they have had a positive result

There are 102 people currently self-isolating due to a positive COVID test result. You can see how this breaks down below.

Its 114 now....

Last edited:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1 Moderna jab down, wondefully swift at the Brighton centre have had a sore arm and feel like I'm having an hangover. As some who is usually afraid of needles (pathetic I know), the nurses administering the jab was very good at taking my mind off it, by asking me about my 2007/08 Brighton third shirt. That made it fine.
I had moderna yesterday at the BC, arm still feels like I've been punched but apart from that fine. Apparently its the rarest and most expensive jab? Anyway swift? Both times I went I queued for over an hour!?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I’ll bow to your better understanding.

It literally says it on the page, not a matter of understanding.

Screenshot_20210615-214213_Chrome.jpg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...eaths-among-patients-with-no-covid-antibodies

A new drug has been found to cut Covid deaths by a fifth among the sickest patients in hospital and may change official practice so that every patient with coronavirus will have an antibody test before they are admitted.

The Recovery trial based at Oxford University has found a third drug that can help Covid patients recover in hospital – but this one is the first to tackle the virus itself, rather than the inflammation that develops in the later stages of the disease.

The monoclonal antibody combination developed by Regeneron works for those patients who do not develop antibodies in response to coronavirus infection. Without treatment, 30% of them die, compared with 15% of patients who have an antibody response to the virus.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I had moderna yesterday at the BC, arm still feels like I've been punched but apart from that fine. Apparently its the rarest and most expensive jab? Anyway swift? Both times I went I queued for over an hour!?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yeah very swift, might depend on the time, but my appointment was 10am and walked straight in at 9:40, have to say have felt very tired today but nothing worse than a hangover, just feel very spaced out, maybe they just microdosed me with LSD?!?!?

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Another little example of the fantastic vaccine roll out. My 20 year old son gets his first jab at the weekend.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Politics For All
@PoliticsForAlI
Police cars revolving light | NEW: Government estimates for the number of hospitalisations and deaths in the "summer wave" of Covid has been dramatically reduced by thousands

Via [MENTION=37204]the[/MENTION]times

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
More proof of the value of the first dose of the vaccines. ONS Report that only 0.5% of people getting infected following the first dose. This is particularly strong after 21 days. This demonstrates the importance of putting the foot down with vaccinations

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In the last couple of days it was announced that 18 year olds upwards can book their vaccinations from tomorrow the 18th.

I just found that you can actually book it online now, so I booked for my teenage son (I’m the organised one, I didn’t want to interrupt his gaming :smile:). Set for late June and August.

Few slots left, others have obviously cottoned on.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
In the last couple of days it was announced that 18 year olds upwards can book their vaccinations from tomorrow the 18th.

I just found that you can actually book it online now, so I booked for my teenage son (I’m the organised one, I didn’t want to interrupt his gaming :smile:). Set for late June and August.

Few slots left, others have obviously cottoned on.

Thanks for the heads up, just told my 18 year old and he's booked in on Monday at our local surgery and for the 2nd shot in late August as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here