[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Stumpy Tim

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Only 48 deaths reported today in Spain and around 400 new cases, seems the easing of lockdown has made little to no impact on the rapid decline there either. Great to see two wonderful countries like Spain and Italy coming out of this now.

‘Starting Monday, 53% of Spain’s population, including those in the country's two biggest cities, will be able to sit at outdoor bar and restaurant terraces, attend gatherings of up to 10 people and go to houses of worship.

The rest of the country will operate with even more relaxed measures on Monday. In those places, cinemas, indoor restaurants, and malls will open with limited capacity.’

:clap2:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Previous 6 weeks Saturday hospital totals: 823, 784, 711, 370, 207, 181

Today 157, 143 from the last 5 days. Downward trend continuing week on week.

C7A601A0-51B0-4732-97CF-D83445BB0A8E.png

(note on this graph, the last 3 days are subject to change)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Cricket back on at our club. Netting only obviously and only two nets so people are kept apart. 1 hour booked sessions and only 50 mins play so any area touched can be sanitised.

But it = very happy child.

This is the kind of thing that should make kids happy, rather than queuing for a KFC. [MENTION=13]CHAPPERS[/MENTION]

LLx

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I went to the garden centre today, which was well marked out for queueing, limiting the number inside, trolleys sterilised, screens for the checkouts, and everyone (except one stubborn man) keeping out of the aisles when one person was getting something.
As my husband has been doing all the shopping, it was a refreshing change to be able to go out and buy something. Everyone was good natured, smiling and friendly.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Barrow & South Cumbria, one of the highest cases and deaths per head of population. According to friends and relatives in the NHS here - there have been no new cases for over a week.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Apparently only 634 new in cases recorded in London over the last 14 days, with a population of pushing 10m that’s quite remarkable.
Is this virus burning itself out in the same way SARS did ?

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Apparently only 634 new in cases recorded in London over the last 14 days, with a population of pushing 10m that’s quite remarkable.
Is this virus burning itself out in the same way SARS did ?

It just doesn’t make sense, does it? Even with social distancing, for such low levels of the virus to be in such a massive, densely populated city as London is absolutely remarkable given how things were just six or seven weeks ago.

I took very little interest in biology at school, and I know next to nothing about how our immune systems work in practice or what t-cells are - I literally had never heard on them since yesterday. But joining the dots, it’s hard not to believe that there must be some truth in the theory that large swathes of the population have some level of immunity due to past exposure to other coronaviruses, and that’s what’s causing the numbers to simply fizzle out to a level of insignificance. If it is true, we may all get much of our lives back sooner than thought.

Is that just mindless optimism or wishful thinking? Possibly, but there are others far more qualified than I who seem to be leaning that way...

[tweet]1264458336663109632[/tweet]
[tweet]1263810622430511106[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It just doesn’t make sense, does it? Even with social distancing, for such low levels of the virus to be in such a massive, densely populated city as London is absolutely remarkable given how things were just six or seven weeks ago.

I took very little interest in biology at school, and I know next to nothing about how our immune systems work in practice or what t-cells are - I literally had never heard on them since yesterday. But joining the dots, it’s hard not to believe that there must be some truth in the theory that large swathes of the population have some level of immunity due to past exposure to other coronaviruses, and that’s what’s causing the numbers to simply fizzle out to a level of insignificance. If it is true, we may all get much of our lives back sooner than thought.

Is that just mindless optimism or wishful thinking? Possibly, but there are others far more qualified than I who seem to be leaning that way...

[tweet]1264458336663109632[/tweet]
[tweet]1263810622430511106[/tweet]

As you say, makes no logical sense whatsoever, what we are seeing in London right now. Nor the complete lack of any second wave being detected in any country.

Perhaps a combination of a higher level of immunity - via other means - and the virus doing what viruses can do, mutating into a weaker form and potentially fizzling out slowly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here