Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The catering thread

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ate before I got to the Amex, drank Kronie in Dick's Bar and spurned the Fosters on the concourse as I would a rabid dog. New routine established :thumbsup:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Going back to my initial point, the WSL north end has done away with the 'card only queues' (or seem to have). Has this happened in other areas?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Couple of WSL chaps (towards the sputh) had a right old moan at no krone and the service being shocking something like 6 staff and two tills.

Tbh they havent noticed the price increase but did say (re the service) that the club are throwing money away...

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I bought a cheeseburger out of desperation after the game because I was starving. Won't be doing so again. £4.20 for a crusty bun and nasty relish. You can get a number 7 meal in GFC for another 79p.

You can make a cheeseburger at home for about a pound but that's not really the point

Spare a though for the Profile Lounge members. Last season we started with 4 lounge hostesses.....now we are down to one.

They were recruiting hosts for the lounges in the summer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

viscentaye

Jun 26, 2012
I too had the cheeseburger - not the worst but overpriced at £4.20 - not again.

Queues at the East side of the North stand concourse were slower than usual, not helped by every till being manned by a newbie with only one 'helper' floating between them all. Not great when two are waiting for errors to be corrected and the other lad couldn't work out what the change should have been from a tenner when he accidentally rang it through as £300! :wrong:

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The pies and hot-dogs have been down-graded in quality since introduction and no longer represent value for money. A price for an individual pie between £3-£4 places it firmly in the gourmet category. These are not and they are using cheaper cuts of meat for filling.

I can tell you that the meat isn't cheaper, but carry on as you were. Do love how people on here just make things up as if they know things as a fact.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
WSL middle kiosk service was very quick 15 mins before kick off - a BIG improvement on early last season, more tills quite noticeable

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Had a burger last night and was shocked at how good it was, the 5 burgers I have had previously were either charcoal, uncooked, or the bun had fallen apart but last night it was perfect

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Got on the Park and ride at the Racehill, was early so on the second bus to leave. Extra traffic cos it was a race day, journey took a bit longer nobody's fault.
I got off the bus and I had a talk with my arthritic knee, any way it refused to walk up and down all the stairs to the station burger van. I did warn that it was likely to be sorry , but hey ho.
I toddled up the two or three flights of new metal stairs to the WSU, and arrived thirsty and hungry. Had a pee, noticed the hand dryers were mounted just so they would obstruct people trying to get in and out at half time, nice touch.
Went to the bar where there was about a million young people dressed in black, looking eager to help. Burger and tea please. Thank you that will be £6. ( I don't know what being raped feels like, but it must feel similar.)
Milk was at the end of the bar, sugar was 100 meters further down with the tomato sauce etc. There is only one vertical steel with the little shelf round it with the condiments, unfortunately only three sides were usable as a programme-seller had decided it was a good place to do his business, as he was sitting on his sack truck I suppose I could have wheeled him out of the way and pointed out the thousands of vertical steel where he could even have a good kip on his truck if he wanted to and he wouldn't be in the way!
Anyway milked and sugared up I opened the burger box, at this point I'd better enquire if anyone lost the sole of their shoe last night as I think Azure had found it and put it in the box for safekeeping. I gave my knee a good talking too along the lines of, I told you so. It obviously took it to heart as it gave me no more trouble.
Great seat, great view. Would have preferred to see more of Vicente, but footballs a funny old game and not much surprises me at my age. Hung around a bit at the end and slowly wondered up to the bus lines, was entertained by buses breaking down and people without jump jets not being able to exit Bennett's Field very quickly, you think they would have realised last year. I did and I've been in the car park at Bournemouth! Home to Curdridge about 11.30 no more dramas.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
i got a pie and pint deal and a kids happy meal thing for £8.50. Is this right!? Buy a pie and pint and get kid's meal for a quid!!? I didnt notice at the time because the guy was faffing about and for some reason my preloaded card didnt work.

I can't really comment on queues as i was there at about 6:30-45, but i can say that my pie was as lovely and hot as last season's!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here