Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The catering thread

ngood77

Aug 5, 2006
Walked into ESU about 7.15, and there were no queues for beers or food. The 3 mini-bars (2 Harverys, 1 Dark Star) literally had nobody queueing. Left 2 mins before HT and again no queues at mini-bars at all, and small queues at kiosks. These queues did get bigger though, but nothing like NS/WSL proportions. Hope it stays like this.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Loving the price increase and no Kronie option, didn't have to queue for longer than about 3 minutes at any point. Used my smart card and it cost me £3.12 for a Harveys before the game and less than £3 after. Happy days!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How were the pies tonight?

Got up to the WSU at 7. The bar I went to only had veggy pies left.

I thought, "Why not? a lot of people on NSC have said they are really good and it's the only one I haven't tried".

I can tick that box now. Won't be having another.

Agree on earlier comments that the price rises didn't appear to affect demand.

I still think it's a cash cow and the club must be doing well out of it (unless they have a poor contract with the caterers - and I doubt that).

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
The service is worse than ever tried to get served at half time and it took them 15 minutes to serve 8 people think I will eat before I go from now on

Out of breath reading that. Try using some punctuation next time!

#grammarpolice

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
7.00pm. Having decided Pies & Pies beyond regular match budget, eventually succumbed to queuing for a coffee in WSL. 5 minutes later, queue hadn't moved, so wandered off without buying anything.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Chose a free NS W till before the game, started to order and was asked "do you want the meal deal" when I answered yes I was told "sorry you can't use this till" :facepalm:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
WSL Hotdog stall!!! A bun, a frankfurter - no ketchup or onions available. WTF!!!! And a price hike of 40p to £3.90 thrown in. How hard is it to organise some onions and ketchup. Never again!!!!
Are the hotdog sellers part of the Stadium catering or an outsider unit with a years contract????

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Walked into ESU about 7.15, and there were no queues for beers or food. The 3 mini-bars (2 Harverys, 1 Dark Star) literally had nobody queueing. Left 2 mins before HT and again no queues at mini-bars at all, and small queues at kiosks. These queues did get bigger though, but nothing like NS/WSL proportions. Hope it stays like this.

ESU was excellent last night, no queues, lots of staff, lots of shelving to rest and my pie was bloody lovely.

Only off point was when it started flooding

ESL it was a breeze. In fact I left my seat bang on the half time whistle, direct to a kiosk, one in front. Had beer, inspected the new divide between us and cardiff, had a pee and was back in my seat a good 2 mins before the players came out.

Last year I could do one of 3 but never 2 of, buy beer, drink beer or pee. And drinking was difficult without buying.

In the ESL I think we have been lucky as we have lost 2 blocks to the away fans but the most southerly of the 3 kiosks is just our side of the divide.

Butch Willykins

Jun 17, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
WSL Hotdog stall!!! A bun, a frankfurter - no ketchup or onions available. WTF!!!! And a price hike of 40p to £3.90 thrown in. How hard is it to organise some onions and ketchup. Never again!!!!
Are the hotdog sellers part of the Stadium catering or an outsider unit with a years contract????

The Hot Dogs looked terrible last night. Gone is the english sausage in favour of a frankfurter. Ikea knock these out for less than £1. £3.90? No thanks.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
from the lack of people on the NS concourse eating & drinking I'd say Azure/club have shot themselves in the foot with their price increases & revenue will be seriously down. Last season before the match & at half time you could hardly move on the concourse, last night it was easy moving around, by last seasons standard it could be described as near deserted.

Sounds like from this thread and my experience last night that all stands apart from the West Stand Lower were good.

They ran out of Harveys at the portable beer pump we bought our first pint from, then the kiosk that sells bottled Heineken ran out of change. My cousin was told that his meal deal was £7.80, he reminded the girl it was £7.50 as it said on the sign, she replied: "the Balti pies must be more expensive than the others then". Supervisor came over to sort the problem out. Could see no Dark Star on sale down our end either.

Azure haven't learnt from last season, well in the West Stand Lower they haven't!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here