Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Bestest-ever lunch in Brighton

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can only assume OP doesn't have an anti-corruption policy at work...
Seems strange to lavish expenditure when ultimately it is the "guest" who will be paying for it long term - maybe I'm too old school.

Nice to see some places to consider if I fancy treating Mrs Papak to a nice dinner in the city though so thanks for the contributions.

I can only assume OP doesn't have an anti-corruption policy at work...

Seems strange to lavish expenditure when ultimately it is the "guest" who will be paying for it long term - maybe I'm too old school.

Nice to see some places to consider if I fancy treating Mrs Papak to a nice dinner in the city though so thanks for the contributions.
It's fairly standard to wine and dine a customer - been on both ends - dined and dining and I really don't see the issue. The cost of a meal is hardly bribing someone.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
It's a flat fee. From memory it was £92 per person for the food, and optional £65 for matching wines (we didn't take that option)
Thanks. Not so bad then for an occasion. I guess they are aiming at Michelin recognition after all

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It's fairly standard to wine and dine a customer - been on both ends - dined and dining and I really don't see the issue. The cost of a meal is hardly bribing someone.
Unless it’s public sector then you can’t even give them some cheap merchandising crap

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I have noticed prices have shot up recently. Some places I know have made clear announcements on their websites about this as well.

Interestingly, I also know a restaurant which now charges more for the weekend bookings but less for the lesser popular days earlier in the week. If you go Tuesday is a lot cheaper than Friday.
It's a sensible way of managing supply and demand. Travel businesses do it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a sensible way of managing supply and demand. Travel businesses do it.
Agree. the owner wrote a long piece on his website about his reasons, and he mentioned that demand at the weekend is insane, but earlier in the week it isn't. I just looked up the prices and it’s 25 euros difference.

Was man bei uns außer Essen und Trinken so richtig gut kann? Geld ausgeben.
Ihre Mahlzeit im Nobelhart & Schmutzig kostet Dienstag, Mittwoch und Donnerstag €175; Freitag und Samstag, sowie vor gesetzlichen Feiertagen schlägt unsere Speisefolge mit €200 zu Buche.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here