Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] The Bestest-ever lunch in Brighton

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I've got a client coming down to meet me in Brighton for a slap up lunch. I want to win his business, so money is no object and he is used to fine dining. Any recommendations Seagulls please?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
greggs.jpg

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I've got a client coming down to meet me in Brighton for a slap up lunch. I want to win his business, so money is no object and he is used to fine dining. Any recommendations Seagulls please?
Burnt Orange.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Flint House. The food is a step up from Burnt Orange & I find it a more relaxing & fun experience. If they want somewhere less 'Brighton', then Burnt Orange

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Burnt Orange.
Burnt Orange is lovely but if you're going for small plates it doesn't get close to 64 Degrees.

If you need the meal to be a traditional three course affair, go to one of Burnt Orange's sister restaurants, The Salt Room (fish) or The Coal Shed (meat).

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
If you want to impress ‘Etch ‘ run by a previous master chef winner & probably the best fine dining restaurant in the city

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he likes Asian cuisine the Ivy Asia in Ship St

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
If money no object and you like fish then the place to go to is the Little Fish Market in Upper Market Street, Hove. Very pricey but if you want to win business then boom! As per a previous poster Etch (also in Hove) is a decent shout.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Flint House. The food is a step up from Burnt Orange & I find it more a relaxing & fun experience. If they want somewhere less 'Brighton', then Burnt Orange
Funny, I’d say the exact opposite!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The Salt Room

Stumpy Tim

In Hove yes, but Rockwater is a good experience. I prefer Flint House to Burnt Orange personally. Otherwise I'm sure he would like Etch, 64 Degrees, Riddles & Finn, The Old Fish Market, The Salt Room, and Cyan. Smaller places like Petis Pois and Murmur are worth a look too

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Food? Or experience?
Food. I like the Flint House but that's where I've always gone went Burnt Orange is full, as I think the food is a bit below the level of BO.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Can you go to Furna and let us know how it is. Looks suitable And they do. A lunchtime testing menu.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here