Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Bear Pit

Do you think The Bear Pit is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 165 72.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 15.9%

• Total voters

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think it is a very poor response to simply suggest people who do not like seeing abuse, racism and sexism should leave. That is a VERY dangerous path.

Yes, but it's not a bad response to people who 'like seeing abuse, racism and sexism' where it doesn't exist, but calling it somehow suits their agenda. Team Bear Pit all the way, me.
:thumbsup:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have no issue with the bear pit. It just needs moderating properly to stop it becoming a filth ridden part of NSC. The BLM thread was disgusting until it FINALLY got shut down as it was left far to long for the mods to do anything about it. Also the fact the NSC can not have a thread on BLM without it being put in the bear pit and descending into abuse and say A LOT about this site.

It’s nice we have a choice though isn’t it..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I have not been to the bear pit, so no idea what goes on there, but the main board is a bit dull these days.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have no issue with the bear pit. It just needs moderating properly to stop it becoming a filth ridden part of NSC. The BLM thread was disgusting until it FINALLY got shut down as it was left far to long for the mods to do anything about it. Also the fact the NSC can not have a thread on BLM without it being put in the bear pit and descending into abuse and say A LOT about this site.

There’s little ‘action‘ in The Bear Pit these days, the grandstanders have in the main slopped off without an audience.

Separately, we can’t expect the mods to nanny NSC threads 24-7, eliminating posts where they don’t meet your specific political criteria. But they’ve always taken action where posts enter illegal territory, troll, etc.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I think it is a very poor response to simply suggest people who do not like seeing abuse, racism and sexism should leave. That is a VERY dangerous path.

What is even more dangerous is things being called racist when they plainly are not. That is an end to freedom of speech. You are possibly the most obvious example on here of believing that anything you do not believe in should not be allowed.

Jan 30, 2008
When have I done that? People can have different opinions I do not mind. I don't like people ignoring the facts and hiding their incorrect view behind opinion: like flat earthers, anti-vaxers and people who think Stephens only passes backwards. [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION] is an obvious racist and posts coded racist posts all the time but the mods seem to endorse them - also by allowing a spoof account to glorify them. :shrug:

If you had half of my charisma I'd cut you some slack, sadly you're a bit of a dummy sucker
Regards
DF

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why don't you two carry on by PM or something? Nobody else is interested. Literally nobody.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well I can give you the moderator answer and NSC clique response of: well if you don't like it don't open it. :shootself

Come on. I occasionall get a bit of sand up my vagina. It seems like you are constantly rubbing your undercarriage in Bi'r Sahra'

:shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I can give you the moderator answer and NSC clique response of: well if you don't like it don't open it. :shootself

The “NSC clique” are often accused of being overtly leftie and attempting to crush the opinions of anyone right of the Labour Party.

Whilst you believe that they deliberately shelter racists and fascists.

A bit like the BBC, with a thankless task, the mods must’ve roughly got the balance right.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

The general thread I find interesting. You two using it to squabble with each other AGAIN, less so. I can't imagine I'm the only one. If you can't see the difference then take a break.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just do not like a racist and his chums being allowed to post their crap and represent us. Sorry if that is having "sand in my vagina". Nice casual sexism by the way.

:facepalm:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We all know that is a farcical statement, and just like the BBC is a Tory machine. The BBC over compensate towards the Tories so so badly.

They’re loathed by many Brexiteers and the right, as biased towards Remain and the metropolitan liberal left in general.

In an unscientific way, your opposing accusation, gives them balance as sitting somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The “NSC clique” are often accused of being overtly leftie and attempting to crush the opinions of anyone right of the Labour Party.

Whilst you believe that they deliberately shelter racists and fascists.

A bit like the BBC, with a thankless task, the mods must’ve roughly got the balance right.

Facist!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Who is in the NSC clique and how do you join? Is it by invitation only?

Like Fight club?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

My ipad insisted on:

4CE9C146-5C94-480D-977B-55D248244D9F.png

Is this how Americans spell it?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We all know that is a farcical statement, and just like the BBC is a Tory machine. The BBC over compensate towards the Tories so so badly.

Look pal, I'm a member of the labour party and I love the BBC. I have numerous right wing and one left wing twerps on ignore. Das Reich can't write two sentences in a row so I can't lose any sleep over him and have actually taken the old gammon off ignore.

Try to enjoy the nice people on NSC. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here