Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] The Bear Pit

Do you think The Bear Pit is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 165 72.7%
  • Neutral

Votes: 26 11.5%
  • No

Votes: 36 15.9%

• Total voters

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yes well done Mods.

I have looked in literally once or twice and then happily shut the door on it and returned to the becalming sanity of the big board.

NSC is a far better place now.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
D2qCoaSXgAARE_C.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As I've said previously .... stupid idea. As with the Covid forum is reduces interaction. Is it really that hard not to read a thread you don't like ? Are people really that stupid ?

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
As with the Covid forum is reduces interaction. Is it really that hard not to read a thread you don't like ? Are people really that stupid ?

And that’s a bad thing? They used to call the TV ‘the idiot box,’ the same could be said for all the hours of people’s lives wasted on here achieving the sum total of f*** all apart from raising their blood pressure or getting the serotonin hit they were craving from getting a thumbs up or someone agreeing with them. Keep it in rational perspective WS, ffs!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I've said previously .... stupid idea. As with the Covid forum is reduces interaction. Is it really that hard not to read a thread you don't like ? Are people really that stupid ?

It's dicks I don't like posting derailing shit on threads I do like that's annoying. Even if said dicks are on ignore. We have hardly had a peep from some 'posters' since the bear pit opened up and swallowed them. They have been drawn there like flies to a turd. What's not to like? :shrug:

Covid is another matter. Why force people to interact over Covid? For some it is distressing. :shrug:

Anyway, if you can simply ignore threads you don't like how do you imagine you'd obtain more interaction by getting rid of the covid silo and the dumbas**** bear pit and putting the threads on the main board? People will simply continue ignoring the shit threads, but with the added disadvantage that the dick heads will find it easier to waft acrossand piss all over decent threads (with the restored 'interaction').

Sometimes I wonder why I once had you on ignore. You have just reminded me. You really can be that stupid, sometimes :shrug: :rolleyes:.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
NSC has undergone a golden renaissance since that sub forum was created.

Pretty much no need now to cancel posters onto the ignore list.

I wouldn't go that far. ???

:lolol:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

If anything it probably increases interaction by allowing thread topics to be discussed with a bit more thought and intelligence without being derailed or reduced to insults and one-up-man-ship. Yeah people really are that stupid, and thankfully they're being kept off the main board.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I don't like it, the beauty of NSC is that anything and everything is discussed. There's topics in that forum I'd like to discuss but what's the point when it's just in the bear pit and the only people on there are those who want to throw around abuse or conspiracy theories.

I used to like discussing politics on here. It wasn't hard to filter out the ars*holes and trolls. But I don't anymore because you're not going to get any decent standard of debate in a forum called 'the bear pit'.

Shame.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
In my humble opinion, politics on a discussion forum is a magnet for r-soles and trolls.

Yes, but certainly not only them, I had some very interesting discussions on here. The best way to achieve the change you believe in is to understand the views of opponents.

Plus there is a very simple tool on here to ignore the trolls and idiots. For example I can't see what the guy posted immediately before you, and my life is no doubt all the better for it :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
...... or getting the serotonin hit they were craving from getting a thumbs up or someone agreeing with them.

So true. The same characters loved hijacking NSC threads for echo chambers of their intransigent take on UK life and politics.

They can still do that, but only about 10 people are remotely interested.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just voted yes in the poll. It has turned out to be an excellent idea. Haven't had a single aggressive, abusive or derogatory reply to a post since the Bear Pit was created - all that stuff can go on in there and this is a better place.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Bear Pit is the best thing to happen to NSC in ages. This forum was becoming a very unpleasant place to visit, the Bear Pit has siphoned off the negativity from the main board where we can actually talk about football again. The main board is a far better place for it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The Bear Pit is the best thing to happen to NSC in ages. This forum was becoming a very unpleasant place to visit, the Bear Pit has siphoned off the negativity from the main board where we can actually talk about football again. The main board is a far better place for it.

...... and other things. If they become toxic due to w@nkers posting abuse, insults etc., they can be shipped off to the BP.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It is also very poorly moderated. So it is hard for anything to happen there without having racist posts, insults and alike. It has made NSC take a nosedive in its quality.

As ever, you know where the door is. Don't let it hit you on the @rse on the way out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here