Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Barberettes / Gully girls

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you're going to do the cheerleader thing then do it properly, i.e. loads of practices, salary and weight limits.

One or two of the girls are carrying a stone or two, and it all looks a bit "two nights a week training and fingers crossed for Saturday". I attended the Boro match with 2 Americans and they were pissing themselves at how amateurish Gully's Girls were. When it's done right it looks impressive, but at the moment it's a shambles.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
While I applaud their efforts, I completely agree with Pavilionaire. Just lately they have been out of time with each other, losing their place & generally looking a bit lost in the pre match dance. I know one of the girls and she doesnt have as much time as she used to for practising because of work commitments - I guess a lot of the girls may have that problem because it shows when they step out on the pitch these days.
Never been a huge fan of GG's tbh & think it's a good decision to get rid if proved true. Keep cheerleaders for the NFL & NBA!
I doubt Kids / crossbar challenges etc will ever be allowed - the club are so protective about the pitch they wouldnt let a group of kids or adults start playing on it IMO!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I have it on good authority that the Gully girls are no more....they are now 'street dancers' courtesy of Paul Barbers idea that we don't need cheerleaders anymore :eek:

The sexy outfits (see avatar left <-----) have gone, now it's tracksuits and three boys are joining the troop to do the lifts/throws? And they didn't ask me to do it, gutted. Safe to say the girls are not happy, expect some to leave....nice one Barber :facepalm:, should be interesting tomorrow....

Should set up a poll really but can't be arsed, so....

'Gully girls' Cheerleaders or the 'Barberettes' Street Dancers?

So when you say they are 'no more', you actually mean, they've got new outfits, and a different dance routine?

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
So when you say they are 'no more', you actually mean, they've got new outfits, and a different dance routine?

Thats what I said! Well sort of....this is NSC....you have to jazz it up a bit.

It's like reading the Sun...you go a couple of paragraphs into an article to see that the headline is absolute tosh and a complete exaggeration.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Noticed they got booted out of their prime seats behind Gus and had to sit between the stewards in the south stand at the Peterborough game.
Made some extra cash reselling those seats.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
If you're going to do the cheerleader thing then do it properly, i.e. loads of practices, salary and weight limits.

One or two of the girls are carrying a stone or two, and it all looks a bit "two nights a week training and fingers crossed for Saturday". I attended the Boro match with 2 Americans and they were pissing themselves at how amateurish Gully's Girls were. When it's done right it looks impressive, but at the moment it's a shambles.

This

They are not very professional and as stated some of the girls are carrying to much weight, I know they do it for the love of BHAFC but some look pathetic, squeezed into a tight lycra miniskirt.

We lose out BIG time to the palace dancers.

The screamer

NSC's biggest geek
Apr 2, 2010
Portsmouth
This

They are not very professional and as stated some of the girls are carrying to much weight, I know they do it for the love of BHAFC but some look pathetic, squeezed into a tight lycra miniskirt.

We lose out BIG time to the palace dancers.

So unprofessional it actually turned me gay!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Since Billie quit I have lost interest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here