Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Barberettes / Gully girls

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If they go, i think Mendoza might actually commit suicide. Incredibly poor decision if they are replaced and it certainly wont be popular.

Not that i believe this anyway, but yeah.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
Come on, it's all a bit weird, it needed shaking up.

I was sat in the North against 'Boro (never been there before) and was surprised, nay SHOCKED, that the cheerleaders parade in front of the fans (vast majority of whom were adult males) waving their pom-poms and showing their knickers.

It was surreal, and a bit pervy.

I hate cheerleaders at football, but I see why it makes it interesting for the younger fans etc etc, and making it a bit more 'Brighton' and contemporary might be a good thing.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

I was sat in the North against 'Boro (never been there before) and was surprised, nay SHOCKED, that the cheerleaders parade in front of the fans (vast majority of whom were adult males) waving their pom-poms and showing their knickers.

I hate cheerleaders at football, but I see why it makes it interesting for the younger fans etc etc, and making it a bit more 'Brighton' and contemporary might be a good thing.
Agreed. Whilst I though Gully's Girls were all absolutely super ladies who did a smashing job, etc etc etc - I was never a fan of American-style cheerleaders at English football. If the club want to be more 'relevant' and 'modern' I'd MUCH rather they did it be turning the cheerleaders into street dancers as opposed to doing a disco remix of GOSBTS.

Hope it IS true, but obviously it's just a NSC rumour at the moment so I'm not holding my breath.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Agreed. Whilst I though Gully's Girls were all absolutely super ladies who did a smashing job, etc etc etc - I was never a fan of American-style cheerleaders at English football. If the club want to be more 'relevant' and 'modern' I'd MUCH rather they did it be turning the cheerleaders into street dancers as opposed to doing a disco remix of GOSBTS.

Hope it IS true, but obviously it's just a NSC rumour at the moment so I'm not holding my breath.

Got to agree. The girls do a great job, but why not try something a bit more unique. If it is entertainment for our younger fans, then it should be definitely mixed. If it's mainly for our older fans, then frankly it is a bit pervy.

To be perfectly honest, I'd much rather have a decent brass band! Seriously I would. As a contemporary alternative to the brass, I'd get one of these stomp troops that feature in the Childrens Parade to bash out a decent rhythm, and have some acrobats / dancers doing stuff to that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Got to agree. The girls do a great job, but why not try something a bit more unique. If it is entertainment for our younger fans, then it should be definitely mixed. If it's mainly for our older fans, then frankly it is a bit pervy.

To be perfectly honest, I'd much rather have a decent brass band! Seriously I would. As a contemporary alternative to the brass, I'd get one of these stomp troops that feature in the Childrens Parade to bash out a decent rhythm, and have some acrobats / dancers doing stuff to that.

I'd bloody love a brass band! get them playing GOSBTS when the players come out!

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I have to admit as well...Female Cheerleaders at English Football games just is'nt right. Granted the Gullys Girls do a magnificent job for the club and take their jobs very seriously, but it's just not modern anymore.
How many Premiership clubs have cheerleaders?? Liverpool are as American as they come, even they don't employ Cheerleaders on matchday. I think we would be laughed at, if we were in the Premiership with Cheerleaders.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hope this is true. Hate cheerleaders at football. Hope they aren't replaced with anything.

Actually, kids penalty shoot out competitions are good, they should do that instead.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
But what about the Crystal's ... we used to argue that we wanted to compete "our birds are better than yours" - but we've capitulated [if true].
I hope we fight harder in other areas where we want to better the pikeys

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here