Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'back from Cardiff' thread

Jameson

This was my experience of Ninian Park in 2001. I remember it was even particular safe to walk around near the ground as their hoolies would pick a fight with anyone with an English accent. I also went there in the late 90's and they only had about 2,000 fans there.

Me too; the new ground seems to have lost the 1970's police dogs, helicopters, razor wire and 50 year old blokes trying to get at scarf carrying young away fans. Last night I had to laugh at the CCFC fans in the stand next to us happy to jeer and taunt us during the first half, then as the game went on were too embarrassed to even look our way preferring to study their mobile phones. When that second goal went in, we all went mental such was the relief and great for the players to run over and celebrate in front of us. I just wishes I had a few quid on us winning, I fancied us from the start.

inthebowls

portslade bluebird
Aug 14, 2011
An outstanding performance? No, not really.

But seasons do change direction after games like that. The weak, frail Albion team that has frustrated us this year was nowhere to be seen. There was a gritty determination to not concede and to bring 3 points home, and they did the job.

It's a platform on which to build a playoff charge, but the result will be wasted if we don't make the most of the upcoming matches.

Tonight was what football supporting is all about - absolutely magic. Let's kick on from here.

cardiff fan here, just got back to portslade an hour ago. think we were a bit unlucky not to get something but full credit to brighton for seeing it out. there have been games for you this season when you got less than you deserved so its about time you had something back. must give credit to your fans that travelled, quality following on a cold tuesday, good luck for the rest of the season and congrats again on a deserved 3 points. :clap:

el punal

But seasons do change direction after games like that. The weak, frail Albion team that has frustrated us this year was nowhere to be seen. There was a gritty determination to not concede and to bring 3 points home, and they did the job.

It's a platform on which to build a playoff charge, but the result will be wasted if we don't make the most of the upcoming matches.

Tonight was what football supporting is all about - absolutely magic. Let's kick on from here.

Talking to friends before the Hull game, I said that we needed at least 8 points from the next 4 games to show true intention for promotion. We now have 7 from 3 games - so far so good, hope it continues.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
why some people cant go without a beer really beggars belief,

Pay money to get to Cardiff, Time in travelling, entrance price,

Then go for a beer on 40 mins? Each to their own I guess..

As in the other thread we found Cardiff on of the friendliest grounds we have visited.

Car Park right outside the away end and only £5 thats how it should be!!

basically we got to the ground 15 minutes late due to traffic and i hadn't eaten since 2 so thought i'd trott out 4 minutes early as there was only one kiosk open and i needed food and a pint......regret it now - shit pint too

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Bloody students, too much time on their hands!! Well done for making it! :albion2:

I left for campus at 8:30 this morning and only just got back to my accommodation if that's any consolation :lolol:

binney's tache

Oct 26, 2010
tora bora mountains
Don't know if it was just me imagining things, but I thought I saw the CC keeper give us a 'couple of claps' at the end of the game. I think he realised what a great support we had given throughout the game.

Yeah,I definitely saw that too. Probably just appreciated a bit of atmosphere! Great support, we'll done to all, gutted missed first goal, like someone said, thought Cardiff had scored it was so loud. Was emptying bag.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Full Kudos to the travelling fans....wish I was still fit enough to travel to away games.....been to most grounds in the league but curtailed to home games now....you sounded great on the radio at the Cardiff game

- - - Updated - - -

Full Kudos to the travelling fans....wish I was still fit enough to travel to away games.....been to most grounds in the league but curtailed to home games now....you sounded great on the radio at the Cardiff game

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila

Completely agree :thumbsup: best post I've seen in ages :)

lol hugs xx xx xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here