Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'back from Cardiff' thread

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
An outstanding performance? No, not really.

But seasons do change direction after games like that. The weak, frail Albion team that has frustrated us this year was nowhere to be seen. There was a gritty determination to not concede and to bring 3 points home, and they did the job.

It's a platform on which to build a playoff charge, but the result will be wasted if we don't make the most of the upcoming matches.

Tonight was what football supporting is all about - absolutely magic. Let's kick on from here.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing

But seasons do change direction after games like that. The weak, frail Albion team that has frustrated us this year was nowhere to be seen. There was a gritty determination to not concede and to bring 3 points home, and they did the job.

It's a platform on which to build a playoff charge, but the result will be wasted if we don't make the most of the upcoming matches.

Tonight was what football supporting is all about - absolutely magic. Let's kick on from here.
got to back it up with a win on Saturday now

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

This!! All of THIS!!!!

(no way you got back before me???)

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
David Lopez= Creative passing genius

- - - Updated - - -

David Lopez= Creative passing genius

Winchester1

Aug 27, 2012
Downtown Winchester
I sat in the main Cardiff stand for the match tonight and have just got back to Winchester. Can I just congratulate every single one of our supporters who sang their hearts out and were an absolute credit to the Albion tonight! All the Cardiff fans in our corporate area commented on how well turned out our travelling support was for a Tuesday night and at times the noise coming out of the away end was immense! Absolutely brilliant, well done!

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I sat in the main Cardiff stand for the match tonight and have just got back to Winchester. Can I just congratulate every single one of our supporters who sang their hearts out and were an absolute credit to the Albion tonight! All the Cardiff fans in our corporate area commented on how well turned out our travelling support was for a Tuesday night and at times the noise coming out of the away end was immense! Absolutely brilliant, well done!

Good to hear that we made ourselves heard! Couldn't believe how quiet the home fans were. Whenever we piped down for a few minutes you could hear a pin drop!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Classic smash and grab win, so nice to do it ourselves for a change. Kuszczak was motm, Bridcutt, Upson, Dave, Ulloa, Orlandi and Bridge very solid. Hammond, Buckley and El-Abd were a bit meh, and Bruno had a shocker. I was right next to the excellent and very vocal away end, who played a big part in the win. Nice to see the CC fans embracing the new red scarf and shirts, I'd say 95% were wearing them :lolol:

Anyone moaning about our transport arrangements should try the Cardiff stadium car park.........gridlocked for an hour........although it did give me ample opportunity to talk my CC supporting companions through the match :wink:

Huge win, is second place really out of reach I wonder!

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
On the stream I heard "we forgot that you were here!" being sung very loudly, I assumed it was the Cardiff fans but judging from some of the comments I now suspect it may have been our own fans, if so - hilarious!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Just back, a gritty performance great to see the lads roll the sleeves up and battle.

Tired and emotional, I'm off to bed to open the shop at 7am, Happy Days and sweet dreams.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
On the stream I heard "we forgot that you were here!" being sung very loudly, I assumed it was the Cardiff fans but judging from some of the comments I now suspect it may have been our own fans, if so - hilarious!

Yes it was us!!! 24k people in stadium and NIL atmosphere... I found it a bit spooky!

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Just got back, thought we won ugly tonite, soaked up a load of pressure and hit them on the counter. Never been to ground where the home fans are so quiet, maybe they were gagged by their free scarfs? PIG was immense, only downside was Bridders being booked.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Still drinking in the bar of our hotel in Cardiff bay. Great win and now enjoying a lubricating drink attempting to gain my voice back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here