Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

My -14c bet still holding up from 10 Dec, bring on the Sou'westers for just 6 more weeks

Flex Your Head

It's been very disappointing and, once again, we look like we're going to miss out after some very promising data. I'd rather we'd have had nothing than the little teasing amount yesterday prior to the rain. Mind you, I can remember winter after winter with no snow when I was a kid and teenager.

Anyway, looking at the forecast below: Dry, cold and sunny is good. A brisk, bitter wind can sod right off!

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:
Mainly dry with sunny periods. Cold or very cold, with sharp overnight frosts, ice on untreated surfaces. Thursday patchy freezing fog will slowly clear. A brisk, bitter wind will develop.

This has changed a fair bit since lunchtime:

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:Very cold with severe overnight frosts and ice risk. A few snow showers likely at times, most frequent towards the coast. A bitter wind developing by Friday. Further snow Saturday.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This has changed a fair bit since lunchtime:

Outlook for Thursday to Saturday:Very cold with severe overnight frosts and ice risk. A few snow showers likely at times, most frequent towards the coast. A bitter wind developing by Friday. Further snow Saturday.

Where is that for, our is it the UK outlook?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The GFS ensemble for Worthing shows that there is still a lot of uncertainty, but there us a definite move towards the cold hanging on

Meteociel - Diagrammes GEFS

The ECM run is about to come out. That will be very interesting as to where this is going.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

All the weather sites I access (iPhone, BBC, Met Office, Metcheck) all say snow for Friday into Saturday - including for Birmingham.

Looking good for snow, bad for those going to Birmingham including myself !! Lucky that my insurance covers me should I get stranded for bad weather !!

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
BBC saying could be major snow event in south west Friday that might push into South East

Yup that's the one we touched on on the previous page. Still uncertain at the moment though. We'll have a better idea this time tomorrow.

llugaes

Jan 20, 2009
on a positive note, the metoffice forecast for birmingham looks a bit more positive.

Staying cold and dry with some bright or sunny spells through Thursday and Friday. Becoming cloudier and windier Saturday. Severe overnight frosts.

so it'll be cold and windy, maybe slippery, in brum but the game should hopefully still go ahead.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

So, we know it is cold and there may be a chance of snow showers or a chance of heavier, more persistent snow, possibly settling or possibly not settling.

We haven't really come that far in 500 odd pages have we.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
on a positive note, the metoffice forecast for birmingham looks a bit more positive.

so it'll be cold and windy, maybe slippery, in brum but the game should hopefully still go ahead.

I wouldn't bank on it. That's a rather vague and generic forecast probably issued sometime this morning.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
So, we know it is cold and there may be a chance of snow showers or a chance of heavier, more persistent snow, possibly settling or possibly not settling.

We haven't really come that far in 500 odd pages have we.

And 3 years worth of posts! :thumbsup:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

Met office app showing heavy snow all night for Friday in Lewes.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
This spell of weather coming up over the next 7 to 10 days is a forecasters nightmare! How far east and North does the weather front get? Will it all be snow or will it turn to rain? Will it stay all as snow as slide to the sE or carry on to our NE? Trust me this is going to go to the wire, we won't have a better idea until Thurs evening as to what the models as to how far east the snow gets, and then have an idea whether it stays as snow or changes to rain!

Just expect snow to rain and then you won't be disappointed! I also think the Birmingham game well be cancelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here