Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

looney170

Aug 22, 2011
The met office seem to have extended the snow warning to sussex... just need those temps to drop a bit... I still have faith... I think

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The met office seem to have extended the snow warning to sussex... just need those temps to drop a bit... I still have faith... I think

In that case, they may see the milder weather heading further West... however, it's now sleet in Croydon, so not a good sign.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
6C 43F with Rain in Newhaven.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It was 1C when I left Southwick at 9.30 am and it has been rising ever since and now 6c 43f, expected low tonight is now 3c 37f so it will be rain all the way as I predicted all along. It may irk some people but this time I got it right so don't be bitter.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
It was 1C when I left Southwick at 9.30 am and it has been rising ever since and now 6c 43f, expected low tonight is now 3c 37f so it will be rain all the way as I predicted all along. It may irk some people but this time I got it right so don't be bitter.

What was that white stuff which fell (admittedly not much of it) early this morning then ? Everyone knew the Express was exaggerating anyway.

Uncle, I for one hope you are right, but it isn't over yet and as much as I detest seeing this thread it is more accurate than anything else I read.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
What was that white stuff which fell (admittedly not much of it) early this morning then ? Everyone knew the Express was exaggerating anyway.

Might be disappointing for the posters on the south coast. It's quite interesting when you go a bit further north and east.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Is this not what I said earlier when everyone disregarded it ? I said it was much milder than forecast and tomorrow will be 6C now and not 1C meaning we will get rain like yesterday.

Yep. The met office and you were correct .... 5.5c in central hove. With rounding, we'll give them the difference.

Another knock to metcheck, the Daily Express, and other bullshitters masquerading as 'scientists' and selling their 'professional' forecasts to farmers and the like.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
5C in Eastbourne, thats just gone up too - heavy drizzle now, almost as if it got a bit colder - it would fall as snow.

Thats a regular situation in Sussex winters. Growing up in the 70's, and since then, there have been so many winter days here with heavy rain at 4c to 6c, knowing that if it just fell to 2c or below we'd have a blizzard. If only.

As i love the white stuff, we get our fix, from Alpine skiing holidays. The Alps are having another fantastic winter.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011

They are covering all bases.

Typically Crowborough might get some, but Worthing, Brighton, Burgess Hill, Lewes, Eastbourne .... Nil.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here