[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
if weather is so hard to predict as this last week has proved with it basically being wrong every day (Not a dig by the way) why do we bother to have long range forecasts? or is this just a one off set of weather systems that have bamboozled every one?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has cleared up a bit in Southwick and is now dry. This has mean't the temperature has plummetted from 4C at 4pm to 1C at 5pm so the game might not be up just yet. It depends if there is anymore precipitation due and if the front and cloud raises the termperature again.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
So the Met Office now has heavy snow forecast for 3am in Burgess Hill.
Can't be right surely? Seems they're changing their minds by the minute!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Southwick. Sleeting it down now. Turned from Rain. 2C.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

No rain in Eastbourne, but it's very wet from it earlier so if it was to snow like the Met Office say, it probably won't set.

Will also be rather icy in the morning too !!

BBC weather has shown that a Mild front will be trying to force it's way in from the Atlantic later in the week - looks like a battle will happen between that and the cold over the South - isn't that similar to 2010 ??

Yoda

English & European
Re: The award-winning official "More snow tomorrow?" thread [2012-13 season]

BBC weather has shown that a Mild front will be trying to force it's way in from the Atlantic later in the week - looks like a battle will happen between that and the cold over the South - isn't that similar to 2010 ??
Not that I remember for our snow. I think we had a streamer from the Thames estuary. I'm sure Papa will confirm either way.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Not that I remember for our snow. I think we had a streamer from the Thames estuary. I'm sure Papa will confirm either way.

The 2010 snow was mainly 'safe' snow from the East. We tend to not do well in battleground situations. However the West Country has had some truly amazing snowfalls from these sort of setups, although this one will most likely be mild to the SW, as its modelled too far north.

There is as always a fair degree of uncertainty about the end of the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports