Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Flex Your Head

Meh-t Office say:

UK Outlook for Sunday 13 Dec 2015 to Tuesday 22 Dec 2015:

A band of rain is likely to move north through Sunday giving a rather mild day, although there is some uncertainty as to timing of the rain at this stage. This is likely to be followed by colder, showery conditions into the start of the week with a generally drier and quieter spell possible for Tuesday. Thereafter, a generally unsettled pattern is expected to continue with showers or longer spells of rain and it will be windy with gales possible at times. Northwestern areas are likely to see the wettest conditions, whilst eastern areas should enjoy occasional drier periods. It will be colder in clearer, showery spells, with the showers falling as snow over some northern hills. Temperatures generally close to average, although some frosty nights are possible.

Tsk!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Nothing of interest at the moment...

:tumble:.

Yep. Every now and then the models show a lot of potential with northerly blocking, but so far nothing cold has been forecast for our region.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Latest Metcheck CET for December

10.25 °c

This is 5.26 °c above average

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This very mild weather is off the charts now. A month with 1-2% C above average would be a mild one but over 5C above, November was 3C above, there were 25 nights in July and August this year where the minimum temps were lower than the mins the last month. This must be totally fcking up the cycle of nature this winter. Still absolutely no sight of even normal temperatures for 2 weeks. It is interesting in a way as this is now something to get quite concerned about

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Latest Metcheck CET for December

10.25 °c

This is 5.26 °c above average

It's is very possible (and there's nothing in the outlook to disagree) that we will see a record CET for December this year. The persistent Euro High is keeping us in mainly Tropical Maritime air.

The real 'issue' is that those areas which experienced severe flooding only last week are due another period of persistent heavy rain.

We've hardly had to have the central heating on yet this year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I used to look forward to the Winter and got excited at the prospect of some snow but I have already written this winter off now, shame but we will have to see what 2016/2017 brings. The interesting thing for me now is how many records can be broken for the warmth, as I said November/December has been off the scale, running around 4-5C above normal. This is by far the warmest winter on record. Looking at the BBC 10 day it is more SW wind and rain, temps between 9 C - 13 C by day and 7 C to 12 C by night

Yoda

English & European
I used to look forward to the Winter and got excited at the prospect of some snow but I have already written this winter off now, shame but we will have to see what 2016/2017 brings. The interesting thing for me now is how many records can be broken for the warmth, as I said November/December has been off the scale, running around 4-5C above normal. This is by far the warmest winter on record. Looking at the BBC 10 day it is more SW wind and rain, temps between 9 C - 13 C by day and 7 C to 12 C by night

So the next two full months of Winter (which aren't even possible to accurately predict yet) are a complete write off because of the last month and a third (half based on the current mid range forecast)?

You should know as well as anyone how quickly our weather can change in this Country from one extreme to the next. punish:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So the next two full months of Winter (which aren't even possible to accurately predict yet) are a complete write off because of the last month and a third (half based on the current mid range forecast)?

You should know as well as anyone how quickly our weather can change in this Country from one extreme to the next. punish:

I stand by my comments. This jet stream is far too strong and too firmly entrenched, it has been going on for 9 weeks now. There is no eastern weather system that will displace it this winter, feel free to bounce this at start of march 2016 if you want, the forecast until 23/12 is the same so that leaves January and the first half of February, just 6 weeks for any cold to be established. This winter is the worst one of the lot

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Double figures down here all next week good chance of 60 f mid week

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is by far the warmest winter on record. Looking at the BBC 10 day it is more SW wind and rain, temps between 9 C - 13 C by day and 7 C to 12 C by night

You appear to be counting November as winter. It has been unseasonably warm but winter only started 12 days ago. It's far too early to be claiming records for 'this winter'.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You appear to be counting November as winter. It has been unseasonably warm but winter only started 12 days ago. It's far too early to be claiming records for 'this winter'.

Metcheck suggests otherwise

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Papa is there anything remotely colder on your charts before Xmas ?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here