Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Now is the winter of Uncles discontent.

I am a tolerant Man, Easy, well actually I am not, but this weather is seriously testing my patience now. I HATE with a passion to relentless SW , wind, rain and very mild, it is TEDIOUS and DEPRESSING, bit like me I know but come on this is TAKING THE PISS now ! It is going to be 14C min tonight, 14C ! that is about 11C above normal and 16C again tomorrow, 8C above normal and it is not just here the whole of the USA and Europe is the same, Moscow is 10C today, 15C above normal. Walking to the Amex Saturday there were Bees and Butterflies around. There has not been and is unlikely to be 1 single day in December when the max temperature does not reach double figures and it just seems to go on forever. I have had ENOUGH !

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love the fact that going on there now shows the current weather forecast ... whoops

God I hate the Express

They are trying to disown this now and you cannot share it to Facebook

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I am a tolerant Man, Easy, well actually I am not, but this weather is seriously testing my patience now. I HATE with a passion to relentless SW , wind, rain and very mild, it is TEDIOUS and DEPRESSING, bit like me I know but come on this is TAKING THE PISS now ! It is going to be 14C min tonight, 14C ! that is about 11C above normal and 16C again tomorrow, 8C above normal and it is not just here the whole of the USA and Europe is the same, Moscow is 10C today, 15C above normal. Walking to the Amex Saturday there were Bees and Butterflies around. There has not been and is unlikely to be 1 single day in December when the max temperature does not reach double figures and it just seems to go on forever. I have had ENOUGH !

It's not going to get any 'better' - Met Office/BBC 4-week forecast is for more of the same, with any snow confined to northern mountains, and then only briefly.

Also, Jet Stream forecast reinforces this - strong west/south-west flow over Britain bringing yet more rain, strong winds and mild SW winds.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=jetstream;sess=

It's getting tiresome now.

We've even got snowdrops out in our garden, 2 months early FFS.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This, this and this. I love cold, clear frosty mornings running on the Downs. This constant wind, rain and mildness is depressing.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm certainly enjoying my gas bill at the moment. Long may this continue. If I lived in Cumbria I might feel differently about mild wet winters but I don't.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
I've had enough of this. I'm off to Lapland for a few days. 100% chance of snow 8)

Sunrise isn't until the 30th December though. Will take a torch.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I'm still wearing shorts (and Wellies, not a great look I know) on the dog walk, 6.15am and 6pm. Crazy.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Went for a short jog this evening. Was windy and intermittently raining, but it was still stupidly warm. Shorts and a tee shirt on a late December evening.

Plake

Unregistered User
Nov 7, 2009
Brighton seafront
Shitting it down in Lapland.

Happy Xmas NSCers

1451046734.1204.iPicit.jpg

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm certainly enjoying my gas bill at the moment. Long may this continue. If I lived in Cumbria I might feel differently about mild wet winters but I don't.

Up here in Cumbria we've worked out as best we can remember that it didn't rain on either the 20th or 21st November. Other than that we reckon we've had rain at some point every day for about eight weeks. Bit cheesed off with it really...

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Warmest Xmas night on record forecast here. Minimum 14 c 57 f over 60 f in places tomorrow

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
F*** ALL sign of any snow in Toronto :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here